Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

No big deal, BUT I must have the BMW M4 Team Forza pre-order car. Because. But this car is only available from retail store pre-order. But I can't figure out which store. Looks like Gamestop gets the STi and Amazon has the Hellcat, but which one has the M4?
/ :spergin:

I think it's Best Buy. They list the M4 as a pre-order bonus on their .ca site but not .com yet. Regardless they only have the regular edition. I don't see why they wouldn't at least sell the deluxe edition at retail. It's a little strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Cubey posted:

Even with indicators, people drive into each other all the time not realizing that someone is beside them, especially cockpit users. The only thing I wish is that it had a San Francisco Rush-style radar instead to remove any question of exactly where the other guy is in relation to you.

Oh man I played San Francisco Rush a tonne on back on my N64.

https://youtu.be/ox4zFj6f3do

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I'm excited for 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 since I didn't buy that DLC in FH2.

And the new Corvette.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

ethanol posted:

the c7 is in f5 though

As DLC that I didn't buy.... I think?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Brands Hatch looks fun as heck.

I'm dying to know the other 4(?) unannounced locations.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

pvax posted:

I'm excited to get in on F6 on the ground floor this time. I waited so long to get an Xbox One that F5 never quite had that 'New Car Smell' going on. Everything I've seen so far looks great.

The amount of in game cash they are offering as Rewards for having large garages in the past games is kinda crazy. I'm just not sure I feel like grinding through hours of purchasing cars. It feels like buying a car in Forza 5 takes forever.

Yea, the Garage and Autoshow and specifically buying and sorting cars really sucks in FM5. It was even worse when it first released, they patched a couple awful bugs.

Fingers crossed everything is better in 6.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Yea it's looking drat good. The McLaren M2B looks like a beast of a car. Just let us know the rest of the tracks!!!

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
More tracks! Lime Rock is official.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_4

I've seen this track detailed in Car and Driver a couple times and it looks like a blast.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I see on Twitter that a track called Circuit of the Americas was announced today.

http://twitter.com/circuitamericas/status/628595093818245120

Tell me how happy I should / shouldn't be.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
You can't have it all. I think they done good.

And holy poo poo I just realized Sonoma is Infineon!!! So happy. Hockenheim is cool too. I didn't like it so much in 4, but I think it will play well in 6, especially with the faster cars we have now that didn't exist in 4.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Today was the last four. #26 on GutBomb's list is Lime Rock.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

GutBomb posted:

New To the Forza Series
Returned to the Forza Series after not being in FM5

1. Bernese Alps
2. Brands Hatch
3. Circuit de Catalunya
4. Circuit de Prague
5. Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
6. Circuit des 24 Heures Du Mans (Le Mans)
7. Circuit of the Americas
8. Daytona International Speedway

9. Hockenheim
10. Indianapolis Motor Speedway
11. Lime Rock Park
12. Long Beach
13. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
14. Monza
15. Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (Bathurst)
16. Nürburgring
17. Rio de Janeiro
18. Road America
19. Road Atlanta
20. Sebring International Raceway
21. Silverstone
22. Sonoma Raceway
23. Test Track Airfield
24. Top Gear
25. Watkins Glen
26. Yas Marina Circuit

So that's 7 tracks that are all new and 2 that are returning from older Forza games.

Divided up into regions:
North America: 12 (Including 1 fictional track)
Europe: 11 (Including 2 fictional tracks)
Australia: 1
South America: 1 (Including 1 fictional track)
Asia: 1

This is a good post and the info should be in the OP now that it is confirmed.

I am sad Suzuka, Tsubka and Maple Valley didn't make the cut, but these new tracks look rad as hell. If some of them are half as fun as I've heard they are, 7 for 3 is a drat good trade.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

A sense of pride, the admiration of your friends. Other than that, nothing really.

EXCEPT GETTING TO PLAY IT A WEEK EARLIER THAN THE PLEBES.

That week would kill me. Gotta go ultimate.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Cubey posted:

Give us a minigame where we need to launch the driver out of the windshield at targets.

If the next Horizon had Flatout 2 mini games and destruction derby and race events that would be awesome.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
holy poo poo that emoticon. What thread is that from?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
The E23 was confirmed in todays Forza Garage
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_garage_week_7

Also:

quote:

2014 BAC Mono

2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X

1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI

1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator

1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T

1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1

1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396

1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA

1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter

1970 Buick GSX

1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport

1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock

1953 Chevrolet Corvette

2015 Honda #15 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing IndyCar

2015 Lotus E23

2009 Ferrari 458 Italia

1987 Ferrari F40

2005 Dodge SRT4 ACR

2015 Nissan IDx NISMO

1952 Fiat 8V Supersonic

2013 Toyota GT86

1991 Mazda #18 Mazdaspeed 787B

1970 Datsun 510

2004 Honda Civic Type-R

1992 Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST185

2014 Lamborghini Urus

1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupé Rallye 1.6 HF

1986 MG Metro 6R4

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I don't understand that graphic. Am Supposed to be looking at list of environments? I can't tell what the icons are supposed to signify.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Top Gear track has rain, that's cool. I wish Road Atlanta and Road America had rain too.

I find it a little bit odd that of all 9 new tracks, only one has night and one has rain. I figured since they were building these new they would build them with night and rain capabilities. I guess its a good thing that they have added night or rain to a lot of the FM5 tracks. It could help racing them in Career mode less tedious in the beginning when I'm going to be aching to race in the new environments.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Do you have to pre-order the super duper edition? Or can I just buy it when it comes out, pre-ordering is stupid especially for something thats not even a physical copy.

You can just wait and buy it, but one of the benefits of the super duper max edition is that you may play the game early. 10th instead of 20th I think? So you should buy it before the 10th.

Otherwise you'll be all :smith: while the thread is all :rice:

SmokeyXIII posted:

Just dropped my $$$ for the Ultimate Edition. At least now if I can ever race with you dudes I'll have the car available! Also VIP is great. Hopefully my forza 6 save doesn't get wiped out like forza 5 and fh2....

Sweet! It'll be good to have you back. I ordered the super duper max edition on the weekend too.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Two weeks, I'm so pumped.

I guess since it has gone gold that preloading will start soon for people who preordered? It won't take more then a day for me, but some people may take some time to do the 45gb download.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Am I the only one who was at the "MAWDS" power-up bullshit things you can apply before racing? Excuse me while I go puke.

Also, holy poo poo is the RX-7 squiggly and has awful brakes.

Maybe not, but I don't see why mods are something to be bitter about? As far as I can tell you are not obligated to use them, and IIRC they are not applicable in multiplayer.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

FAILURE posted:

So the new Ford GT's mileage hasn't improved over the last iteration.

:rimshot:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Goon races own. We put a long end of race timer, and the slowpokes like myself compete at the back of the grid.

Has anyone encountered any sticky grass in the demo? I think they removed it entirely, and I don't know how to feel about that.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

.. anyone know exactly what time the game release is supposed to happen/be available to actually play?

Yes. The store page says Ultimate Edition unlocks at 13:01 UTC, which Google tells me is 09:01 Eastern Time.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I know Affinity Level is back, but I haven't heard any report if increasing Affinity gets you discounts on new cars or parts or anything. In FM5 you got bonus XP for completing races based on the Affinity of the manufacturer you drove in that race, right?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
:siren:Ten Hours:siren:

I have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to play until the evening, but drat I'm excited.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I was looking on the Bone too. I see the main game page releasing 12:01est on the 15th, but the Ultimate Edition page has 13:01utc tomorrow.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Its HAPPENING!

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

You Am I posted:

WTF only four tracks with wet conditions? I wanted to race Bathurst in the wet. gently caress you Turn 10

Spa, 'Ring, leMans, Brands Hatch, Sebring, Silverstone.
There might be another one, but there is more then four. Not Mount Panorama though.

Abu Dave posted:

No ones talking about this game is it bad or something

Nah its cool and good. Everyone must be playing instead of posting. Great selection of tracks and cars, to go along with the great graphics and physics of FM5. UI still has some issues.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Agreed! I never thought of that. I had been using the Suggested Line Off + Cockpit View Only for +20% CR, along with whatever Boost mods gave an increase in CR or XP, but now I will look for a nice purple and blue mod that cancel each other out for even more CR's.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Amazon gave me $6 back because I bitched about multiplayer not working. That's enough for a chinese take out meal.

That sounds so strange to me...

How long were you on the phone, and what is minimum wage where you live?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

General Probe posted:

Since we're "merging" the 2 online race leagues I wanted to do an interest check here. I know some people have A) wanted alternate race days and B) wanted racing line enabled races. I'm thinking of repurposing Gutbombs specs and putting them on with those changes. Is there any interest in this at all? If so I would be willing to put it on.

I was just about to goto the GRC thread and recommend that someone take over hosting, move to a different night, and make racing line optional.

I will attempt to make it out to both races. Time would have to remain in the 9-10 Eastern range.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I exploited the hell out of the glitch. Bought most of the 1.2MM+ CR cars.

I assume this will be patched with the first dlc car pack, then someone will try it and lose the credits, but not get the car.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Odd, the official description under the video with the car list states that it's 7 cars, and the list has 7 cars. However, the video shows the Infiniti and it's not mentioned in the description. I guess if it's the free car of the pack they don't count it?

Anyway, 8 cool new cars. Exciting!

The infinity is not part of the monthly DLC, it's part of the title update and is free for everyone.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Limo owns, guys.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I ... wish the game did a better job of letting you drive stuff un-upgraded for class/specific reqs for events.

Same. Some cars start near the bottom of a class, and don't have enough upgrades to make it to the top of that class, which makes that car kind of useless, except for any rivals events made for that car, or multiplayer spec races you can arrange.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
November pack is cool and good.

1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Norns posted:

Thank you for posting this. I was starting to think I was going crazy with how terrible I was doing compared to eveyone else.

I did a few more laps and got down to 1.13.11. Maybe I can shave another half second to the mid 1.12's, but then I see Panda posted 1.08.77, ffs.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Norns posted:

Is the suprise the front engine GT-R LM i can't download yet?

Maybe? The last content update included a free car, so it's not that much of a surprise.

The patch notes do indicate that now non-performance enhancing mods no longer set dirty lap times, which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I have the DLC, but some people won't, we should pick something from the disc.

• Locked thread