Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

op fix your tables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i know a dude is there because i press the thumbstick right and the camera looks right, i have ears to hear engines with, and a minimap which shows other players and a rear view mirror too

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

how about a button to check with the race engineer, say left dpad, you press it to check car behind/car ahead and robert duvall's barely intelligible voice mumbles the times followed with quirky one liners from days of thunder

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

That would be great. I'm not proposing forcing people to play Simsperg mode, but if there is a "casual" mode and a "flags and rules" mode you can opt into. Would people feel cheated because they feel entitled to enjoy all of the games content only in little crashy 3 lap bites?

Even if Gran Turismo has more cars and flags and rules, I hate the physics and controls compared to forza. It feels like too much tire grip with too little body roll effect. I traded my 360 for a ps3 to try it and regretted the poo poo out of it.

I don't think it's unfair either to say turn10 doesn't want to lose focus on what forza was meant to be, which was a pick up racing game with highly customizable cars. I mean flags and rules probably just get in they way when you're balancing hundreds cars into different classes for short pick up races. The longer the races I've found, the more painful it is when the 1st place guys are always in the cheater cars. That's why project cars owes itself to have every race be identical cars. i mean they could spend more time and money balancing towards simulation (which doesn't seem to be going entirely so well for SMS), or they can make a really solid, bug free, racing game with lots of cars and high attention to detail (like the sound department, I still haven't found a pc sim that matches forza). I'm just saying it's not as simple in development to just include a mode that has long races with flag rules that are actually enforced, done correctly, and not half assed (again like the flag rules in pcars)

I think in the actual demographic of forza, people who care about flags and rules and actually such a small niche (those people generally have access to pc sims anyways), you're talking about changing a lot about the game's focus to suit that. you could lose more people than you gain

ethanol fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 1, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

If it's done correctly I'm alll for it, and especially fully animated pit crews, and the option to have as many laps as you want. but I'm still deflated about flags and penalties since project cars made out like it was going to be great to have working flag rules, and then it turned out to be a buggy piece of poo poo part of the game. I just don't want turn10 to make the same mistakes as pc sims of releasing 'finished' games with a bunch of broken sim features they can't get right

can we can give turn10 a little credit? despite the dlc bullshit that destroyed forza 5's fanbase. they've surely thought 'should we add flag rules' for years now, and ruled against it for their own reasons

ethanol fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 1, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it may be gimmicky but upgrading the fh2 willys jeep to s class is hilarious and fun

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the c7 is in f5 though

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

WienerDog posted:

As DLC that I didn't buy.... I think?

that might be true, can't remember

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

man I wish this game wasn't hitting at such a busy time for me. still can't wait for it... that anti aliasing looks like the same style they used in FH2. whatever it is, it's miles better than F5 and looks great

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

For some reason, I just noticed how jaggy Forza 5 is when I played it today. It's pretty rough looking.

if you look, that's basically every forza

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I expect it will be more like fh2.. which dumps insane amounts of credits and free slots machine cars on you

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yea but I don't care about earning cars. Everything ought to be accessible from the moment I boot up the game.

You are playing the wrong game

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

maple valley :negative:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'll be on after I smoke a fatty

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Leather Bear posted:

All of the Xbox 360 Forza games (including Horizon) will be backwards compatible on the Xbone starting in November.

MAPLE VALLEY HASN'T DIED YET

wow i wish this was now.. im almost looking forward to this more than six

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Leather Bear posted:

Turn 10 is introducing a mods system to offline races. Similar to how skulls work in Halo, these mods have various gameplay effects. Sounds neat.
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_mods

ah yes very glad to see FH2 slot machines are in F6. slots baby

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i like the race cars, if only because i think they drive really nice and look cool

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i love how the store front images don't load at all and of course they are in one big list sorted by upload date :psyduck:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

metallicaeg posted:

So lame that the extras within the Ultimate edition can't be purchased separately. I want the blue console but that's missing out on that extra game content

isn't it just the fast and furious pack, or is there more? i plan on getting the game for free with all the bestbuy reward certificates i earned buying a laptop

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

there's going to be a preload put up before it releases

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

F80 M3 with the 6 speed. Cant loving wait. Not my first M but definitely my first new one!

I'll post photos when its delivered.

:captainpop:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

are you hiring man servants

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

so how is it, I'm installing MGSV first and then gonna download the demo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

proper way to buy the game if you can wait out the first packs of dlc is to get the game either used or discounted (like I get it from best buy for $47.99) and then buy the dlc when it inevitably goes on sale for 50% off or so, then you can get forza and all the dlc for roughly $60 (if you pay $30 for a used copy)

if you can't wait then just pay buy the ultimate edition because it's the best deal

reminder that the DLC is just cars and no tracks, are they really worth that much to you? They aren't to me until im black out drunk and have my wallet within reaching distance

ethanol fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 1, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

thank chub i love unskippable cutscenes? I hope there is only one of these

e: driving is good

lol at the highest veteran difficulty preset having a braking line and abs on

ethanol fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 1, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lime rock owns, the game owns

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

In honor of the demo release today I parked in the exotics parking section at work

Turn 10 really dropped the ball in terms of their support for yellow VW-chassis'd fiberglass pieces of poo poo that leak buckets of oil everywhere on the car list (preorder cancelled!)

are you hiring

e:surprised by how many tracks are in this demo. i haven't played the same track twice. wet sebring is fantastic, easily going to be one of my favorite tracks. rain physics are better than pcars imo, grip makes more sense, it doesn't feel so.. off like pcars. And surprise...puddle physics! very much surprised me the first time it pulled my car into a spin. i've never felt water friction in a racing game like this before, it feels realistic and good

ethanol fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 1, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GutBomb posted:

The force feedback on the puddles is amazingly lifelike. I've never had a more realistic rain driving experience in a game.

Yeah, i'm quite impressed with it overall. I hope they add more rain tracks.

The new night lighting on Abu Dhubai is reaaally cool. the way the stadium glows and changes colors now :allears:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if i actualy play the demo all the way through will it unlock rivals and not make me do the career over again or is it just going to keep making me restart the same baby races every time?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i don't think anybody knows for sure but my guess is EA wants to make money off the porsche license, while at the same time preventing any other racing games from shipping with the license. they have their cake and eat it too essentially

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think i'm redoing the entire career because I didn't complete it the first time and it doesn't save until you do or something

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hmm is that one of those 'theories' that comes from people who think the AI is too slow but never bothered to play the game long enough to turn the drivatar difficulty up?

Gutbomb is right, rivals and online play doll out mega amounts of credits vs the career in forza games. Also they loving give you like 4 million credits every month or something if you have a forza hub account

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GramCracker posted:

I hadn't logged on to Forza Hub in months. I went in last night after playing the demo and has like 880k that I needed to collect.

probably because you need to log in and play once in a while and keep accepting rewards to get more rewards otherwise it just stops at the last reward you haven't accepted

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Jarf posted:

Let's get the old band back together.

Is there any word on car clubs? I only just discovered that they were removed in Forza 5.
I'm very late to the Forza 6 party and know next to nothing about it.

car clubs aren't coming, there's some bullshit about leagues you can join or something. However, all you need to do is add all the goons to your friends list and you have a 'club' which will populate your rivals list. YW

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

even though it has some quirks with saving your progress, this is probably the best demo I have ever played. I mean, it has like what, eight tracks or something? it's insane for a demo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

deep impact on vhs posted:

i honestly feel like the rain effects in fm6 are better than project cars'

They are, I was excited for pcars rain but in the end it just felt badly implemented and I only race in the dry

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah in my 3-4 lap races I really love taking two laps to loving change tires because 'realism'.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This exclusive 3-4 lap race entitlement by members of the community is forzas greatest drawback.

yeah well it's usually because we don't have enough racers with similar skill to keep it interesting for more laps. Adding dynamic rain which forces pitstops only lengthens out the gaps

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

went a little sideways in the dirt and flipped my car several times. seems like it's easier to do in 6 than 5, which is going to be great for multiplayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Stupid question, can I pre-order the super duper edition from the ms website? Also do they still let you pay with gift cards?

I remember it was a massive pain to remove creditcards from xbl accounts a few years ago.

Yes and yes and yes its still a pain to get your card removed

• Locked thread