Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
OK so I've been looking at where to order the game and I'm a bit confused, even after looking at the spergy posts on the FM forum by ManteoMax.

So it looks to me like the only way to get the Deluxe or Ultimate editions are digitally from the Xbox Store. Stores like Gamestop, Bestbuy, Amazon etc. all have only the regular version available.

No big deal, BUT I must have the BMW M4 Team Forza pre-order car. Because. But this car is only available from retail store pre-order. But I can't figure out which store. Looks like Gamestop gets the STi and Amazon has the Hellcat, but which one has the M4?

But even if I get that info, its still pretty much useless because I don't see the point in NOT getting the Ultimate edition, which won't have the car I want. I know in previous games, the pre-order cars are opened up for DLC purchase a few months after the game releases, but I WANT THE CAR AT RELEASE!!!

I guess the only option is to buy the digital Ultimate edition, then the DLC code off loving Ebay or something. Why the gently caress wouldn't they release the Ultimate Edition at retailers so people can get the cars they want?

/ :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Just gonna copy/paste a few things that I've seen people here asking about, and some stuff I found interesting. Source

- FM6 does not have centralized storefronts but has improved the ability to track the use of your files by the community
- FM6 does not have an auction house feature.
- Clarkson not in...Stig's Digital Cousin is in...Richard and James continue to do voiceovers along with other "automotive celebrities"
- Tokens will not be in FM6 at launch but may return as a matter of player choice
- Qualifying - - - not included, but FM6 adds warm-up laps
- Tag, Cat & Mouse, Bowling (obstacles), Soccer
- Car ahead/distance indicators will be making a return in Forza Motorsport 6. !!!
- There are no tracks with night + rain at the same time.
- Sharing and Gifting cars and credits are not features in FM6
- Quicksand has been removed and interactive tire barriers added to limit corner cutting and wall riding
- FM6 does not have searchable public lobbies but you can make your own and invite others

...and finally
- Forza 6 will not have car clubs," but new Leagues system puts players together based on skill and temperament.

Well poo poo :(

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Yep.

e: I feel like I should clarify myself. The reason I'm upset is because in the previous versions of Forza, the brick and mortar stores sold the "best?" version of the game, Ultimate Edition, and you had a chance to get whichever pre-order car you preferred by purchasing at the right vendor.

For FM6, from what they've announced so far, you can only get the Ultimate Edition by pre-ordering through the Xbox Store. But you can't get this version with any of the Team Forza pre-order cars.

You can only get the BMW M4 Team Forza (or whichever of the other 4 Team Forza pre-order cars) by purchasing from a brick and mortar store. The kicker is that these stores don't have the Ultimate Edition, only the "worst?" version of the game with the least perks.

I know I'm being Spergy and Awful, but why make it an issue at all? How hard would it be for them to include a code with the Ultimate Edition, send to your e-mail, that's good for a Team Forza car of your choice?

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 29, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
It's not mutually exclusive. In FM4, which had the numbers, the game still showed cars in your mirror when they were behind you. I'm sure the cars will still be there in FM6 :)

Also, I'm not sure if you've ever played Gran Turismo on the Playstation, but Forza has always been the more casual of the two, so all the poo poo you're advocating for would likely be implemented in the next iteration of that series rather than the next Forza game. GT is much more likely to have qualifying, pit boards, etc.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I see your point, but is it really Simsperg to have "a car is off the road ahead of you, temporary yellow flag icon pops on screen until he rejoins the road"
This would be remarkably easy to use for trolling. I know you're just throwing an example out there, but this is one reason flags would be terribly difficult to implement.

quote:

(Or you think I'm more Sim sperg than I do)
Yeah, we do. Cubivore too.

ethanol posted:

If it's done correctly I'm alll for it, and especially fully animated pit crews
I think if they did this, it would look absolutely ridiculous as the car's aero/bumpers/panels/windshield/tires are replaced in about 5 seconds

quote:

I just don't want turn10 to make the same mistakes as pc sims of releasing 'finished' games with a bunch of broken sim features they can't get right

can we can give turn10 a little credit? despite the dlc bullshit that destroyed forza 5's fanbase. they've surely thought 'should we add flag rules' for years now, and ruled against it for their own reasons
I'll give T10 credit for this. Their games have bugs, to be sure, but for the most part they don't really affect gameplay much, aside from the random lobby crashing.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Does any sim feature flawless flag/penalty rules involving AI? I'm sure making the two systems play nice is a helluva challenge.
I've been playing racing games since Mario Kart came out on the SNES, and for the longest time no game has even advanced the AI farther than having them all drive the same racing line, with no passes unless affected by a human driver. Forza's doing decent progress in that regard with it's Drivatars, but there's still a hell of a long way to go. Enforcing something like a flag system would work a LOT better with AI cars than human cars, though, as they can be forced into flag rules a lot easier and won't try to disobey them.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
That Volvo Polestar should be fun.

Also pretty cool: 2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS

And then there's the Bowler and the Willy's Jeep that were in Horizon 2. Car list is coming together quite nicely. Lots of good stuff in there.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Yes, the 2014 Chevrolet Stingray was in the Bondurant Pack DLC in FM5.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I didn't go crazy buying cars, just bought a handful in each game to bump myself up to the next threshold. I won't have the full 25 million CR, but I'll have maybe 8-10 million CR which should be plenty to start out. Even a couple million should be enough.

When FM5 came out, they hosed up the payouts because they were pushing the microtransactions. Once they got rid of that, no one really complained about gaining credits any more. Especially if you get VIP (double credits) you'll be fine. I really don't think earning credits will be a huge grind like when FM5 first came out.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
If this game has a slot machine I will fly into a violent rage and hurl my xbox out the window :toxx:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
LOL

I actually like how this car list is shaping up.

We're 2 months out now!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Willow Springs would be nice.

Also the ability to have strictly Formula 1 races or GT3 spec ones. Forza's solution to class races is sparse.
You can have an F1 spec race in FM5. Just get paints and you can have a Ferrari Lotus F1, a Mercedes Lotus F1, a Williams-Martini Lotus F1, etc. etc. etc.

I agree with you but I bet the licensing costs for these cars in particular are astronomical. The Lotus car has Microsoft sponsorship so I'm sure that plays into it. I bet the cars from the lower spec series aren't that much though. Hell, they have the whole loving Formula-E grid. It would be cool to see 5 or 6 of the old OLD race cars though. At least it looks like they're trying.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Oh, well I totally agree with you on that. Setting up custom lobbies/single player races is a pain in the rear end.

In FM4 I have a badass PT Cruiser, I forget if it's in C or D class, and when I won public races with it people would be SO MAD it was great.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Ugh, not a fan of that. Track is too short. Anything with decent speed is gonna be sub-one minute lap times. Imagine that with 24-car grids. Gonna be a Trulli Train around the whole track. Track is narrow and difficult to pass on. Not a problem for good drivers, but playing it in public lobbies is going to be very frustrating. I know the track is popular and everyone likes it, but it's not a good pick for this game. T-10 made a bad choice on this one. They already had an awesome track representing New England, just give us that.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

These seem a little contradictory
It is, but if you think about it, it makes sense. People love Lime Rock, a simple google or youtube search can show you that. But short, narrow tracks don't suit Forza well. Think about how much of a shitshow a public lobby can be with people trying to pass on the Ring. A narrow track can work in something like iRacing where there are consequences for wrecking, but people in Forza don't drive like that.

Calling it now, this will be one of the worst lobby tracks in the game.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I don't think this week's car list update was posted in this thread yet: Forza Week 5 Garage

Highlights are they're bringing in actual BTCC cars. Aside from that, the only new car I spot on the list at a glance is the '15 Jag XFR-S.

e: was the D-90 in FH2, or is that new also?

code:
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R
1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205
1992 Honda NSX-R
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
2002 Camaro 35th Anniversary
2014 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
2012 Ultima GTR
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
1997 Land Rover Defender 90
2014 Audi #67 Rotek Racing S3 Saloon
2014 Toyota #80 Speedworks Motorsport Avensis
2014 Honda #2 Castrol Honda Civic WTCC
2014 Honda #5 Zengo Motorsport Civic WTCC
2014 Toyota #20 United Autosports Avensis
2014 Toyota #11 Handy Motorsport Avensis
1991 Ferrari 512 TR
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
1992 Volkswagen Golf Gti 16v Mk2
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
1987 Buick Regal GNX
2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport
1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale
1980 Renault 5 Turbo
2015 Jaguar XFR-S
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2013 Mazda MX-5
1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1993 Jaguar XJ220
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
1990 Subaru Legacy RS
2002 Acura RSX Type-S
2003 Audi RS 6
1991 GMC Syclone
1973 Mazda RX-3
1995 BMW M5 E34

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Laserface posted:

Theres a lot of cars they already had in Forza 4/5 and I wish they would just announce those and get them out of the way.

agreed no one cares about any of that poo poo we just want to know whats new

also i hope they omit every car matdizzle wants

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

WienerDog posted:

I see on Twitter that a track called Circuit of the Americas was announced today.

http://twitter.com/circuitamericas/status/628595093818245120

Tell me how happy I should / shouldn't be.

Very happy. CotA owns.

Edit: Monza, Sonoma, and Hockenheim were also announced. Doooooooooooope
This is awesome and good. I'm excited to have my home track in the game (COTA), and I always actually liked Hockenheim. Sonoma was really fun in 4, and I've never played Monza in a racing game so I'm excited to try that out.

It is kind of a bummer that Maple Valley isn't in, and Suzuka would have been really cool and good too.

However, if we ARE only at 25/26 then maybe one of those will be the last one. Lime Rock

L_Harrison posted:

Forza 5 did have 3 free DLC tracks added after release, so there's always hope.
Yeah, but the game only shipped with like 5 tracks so...

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 4, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
This week's Forza Garage is out and there are a couple cool new BMW race cars - the BMW Motorsport 3.0 CSL and the Z4 GTE.

A quick glance at the rest of the list doesn't reveal anything new to the series aside from the Indy cars, which are 2015 models and I think FM5 has what, 2013 ones? Maybe 2014? A bunch of other numbered racers that have been in previous games, and a bunch of other stuff from the past games. The VW Van from Horizon 2 is here.

code:
1973 BMW 2002 Turbo
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series
2005 BMW M3
1991 BMW M3
2009 BMW #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
2006 #2 Audi Sport North America R8
2013 Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG
1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG Mercedes CLK GTR
1939 Audi Auto Union Type D
1989 #4 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO
2004 Audi S4
2015 Audi RS 6 Avant
2014 Volkswagen Golf R
2014 Bentley #7 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3
2014 Dodge #93 SRT Motorsports Viper GTS-R
2014 Mercedes-Benz #84 HTP Motorsport SLS AMG GT3
2011 Audi #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI
2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3
2004 Audi #5 Audi Sport Japan Team Goh R8
2015 Honda #5 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports IndyCar
2015 Chevrolet #67 CFH Racing IndyCar
2015 Honda #14 AJ Foyt Enterprises IndyCar
2015 Chevrolet #9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing IndyCar
2014 McLaren #98 ART Grand Prix MP4-12C GT3
2015 Honda #7 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports IndyCar
2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
2015 Audi S3 Sedan
1981 BMW M1
2006 Audi RS 4
2009 Audi RS 6
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
1995 Audi RS 2 Avant
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
2003 BMW M5
1983 Audi Sport Quattro
2011 Audi RS 5 Coupe
1995 BMW 850CSi
2014 Lamborghini #18 DragonSpeed Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo
1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe
1988 BMW M5

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Agreed.

I'm also still super-pissed that the Ultimate edition doesn't come with any of the pre-order cars from brick&mortar stores gently caress OFF WITH THAT T-10!!!!!!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I don't think anything official has been said. There was some statement about Porsche coming to Forza in 2016, so best hope is a DLC pack like they did in FM4 as far as anyone knows.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I know personally I won't be satisfied until my driver model can die in a collision and I have to re-buy the game to continue playing.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Oh, cool. That 2015 Nismo iDX NISMO is the concept they came out with a while back that was supposed to get back to the simple, lightweight idea of the Datsun 510. I guess it'll never see production, but cool to see it in game. Wonder where it will be classed.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
It's like they hate fun!

I hated the wheel spins in FH2 though, but I suspect that's mostly because I never got any good results.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I actually like the mix of both. I think it's fun to have the race cars to tear around in, and I also like the old weird cars that no one in their right mind would race.

Then V8 swap them and give 'em fahv-hunnert-horsepower :getin:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
OMG U rear end I MADE A SPREADSHEET

edit: look a couple posts down

mine's sortable...

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 19, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Including makes with only one model is a great way to make your car select screen look bigger than it is.

If they don't change the car select screen from a line of all the cars, like FM5, to a line of the manufacturers, like in FM4, I will be super pissed. It sucks to have to hit the trigger a ton of times just to look at your Volkswagens, etc. Hopefully they only put that in 5 as some sort of "trick" due to the lower number of cars at launch.

Also, updating spreadsheet...

e: Updated Spreadsheet

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 19, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Leather Bear posted:

Turn and the nation of Australia announced some big V8 Supercar tie-in.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/forza-motorsport-6-partnership/

Here's the list of cars, which I'll add to the spreadsheet as well. They also noted that they're having Mark Skaife (retired, V8 Supercars Hall of Fame driver) do voiceover "for the Mount Panorama Circuit" so I dunno what kinda stuff they've got for the specific tracks planned, but that will be new as well.

This brings the car count to 445, including all the pre-order and bonus cars. I wonder if the "450+" includes those, or if that's the number for the base game. I guess we'll see!

code:
2015 Mercedes-Benz #4 Erebus Motorsports E63 AMG V8 Supercar

2015 Holden #22 Holden Racing Team VF Commodore

2015 Mercedes-Benz #9 Erebus Motorsport E63 AMG V8 Supercar

2015 Volvo #33 Wilson Security Racing GRM S60

2015 Holden #97 Tekno Autosports VF Commodore

2015 Holden #1 Red Bull Racing Australia VF Commodore

2015 Holden #14 Freightliner Racing VF Commodore

2015 Ford #5 Pepsi Max Crew PRA Falcon FG X

2015 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsport Altima

2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X

GutBomb posted:

Sweeeeeet, we need to do another V8 Supercars recurring spec, this time with more variety.
Agreed, those cars were really fun.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Subaru Brat ahahahah yeah!

Also that Volvo V8 Supercar looks great.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_9

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Additionally, a handful of other cars got announced.

Cool. Up to 485 now, including all the different pre-order/pack/etc cars.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I am an autist and should just go play iRacing.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

Just logged in to the bone to download the pro evolution soccer 2016 demo and it's queued up behind the preload of FM6 ultimate edition which is currently at 20% :D
Whoa.

Do we know when early access starts yet?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
TIL the 'Ring rain variant will have over 500 accurately placed puddles!

:siren: If anyone has pre-ordered from Best Buy and wants to sell their DLC code for the Team Forza BMW M4, PM me :siren:

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 1, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

And the distance ahead/behind hud element is back!
:worship: T-10

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I'm excited to play this game. Sounds like a lot more goons will have this than had 5. Very excited.

Also, Howdy, I'm sorry...

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Looks like I got my Xbone up and running again (crosses fingers), downloading the demo now.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWLbbeTcuh4

Here's all the cars, upgrades, design options in the game etc.

Um, all the SS cars in Chevy have no SS emblems? Time for a shitstorm
Sorting cars by manufacturer, hooray!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Spamtheman posted:

It doesn't look like there are car clubs any more, are we making a list of gamertags?
Yes, there is a spreadsheet to collect Gamertags, it's linked in the OP and I've linked it here as well:

:siren: :siren: Post your Gamertag here to play with goons! :siren: :siren:

There's also a thread in Private Game Servers here to organize races with goons!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
If you do the demo, you get the Ford GT (the new one) added to your garage in the full version. So don't skip it if you want that car for free. Not that credits should be a problem in this game.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ethanol posted:

I logged into forza hub and there were a bunch of rewards waiting and expiring tomorrow, including forza 6 stuff (9 cars and 300k). Im also at tier 6, 240 pts from tier 7 and that ferrari. Don't forget to log in today to check and make sure nothing is expiring

e: n/m, I misread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

I am planning on playing as soon as I get home from work at 5ish eastern and hopefully that includes some dice
I get home at around 4:30 central, so I'll see you then. Hopefully the servers don't poo poo themselves all day, but since it's not a wide release, and only Ultimate Edition, they'll hold up ok.

• Locked thread