Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

sudo rm -rf posted:

Listening to this Smoking Tire podcast, seems like they're going to throw a bunch credits at you if you've played the previous games.

I made the mistake of creating a new gamertag when I got my xbox one, and then played a bunch of FH2 on it.

Trying to decide if I should go with the FH2 gamertag or do I try and transfer my old gamertag from the 360 that I played F2-4 with.

Log into Forza Hub with each gamertag to see which would give you the best rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

metallicaeg posted:

I was hoping to hold out until Black Friday for an xbone but this is shaping up to make that a difficult decision. I liked some of the FM5 that I've played on my brother's system, but it felt like a launch title. I'm hoping this has the scope and size of FM4.

It's the reason i got an Xbone. I've been playing FH2 in the meantime and haven't regretted my decision yet. Though I only paid about $200 so that might have helped too.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

pvax posted:

It's amazing hitting a large puddle at speed in this demo. It has to be one of the absolute best translating of 'feel' in almost any game I've played, just via the controller (not even a wheel) and visual feedback. You simultaneously feel the lack of grip and the weird floaty halting of forward momentum that is so specific to that event.

I was kinda bummed that none of the prize spins translate to anything since I nabbed a cool million credits on one go! One week until ultimate launch fest funtimes!

Yeah, the water physics are amazing. Usually rain = slippery in games and nothing more, not actual hydroplaining. I was impressed as hell playing the demo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I always wished I could play Pole Position like D.A.R.Y.L.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GutBomb posted:

Is the Audi rivals event in the demo gone for everyone else too?

I haven't checked but the fuel challenge ended yesterday which that event was for.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Did they really not downgrade multiplayer customization features between forza 4 and forza 5? I dont understand why anyone would have an xbox without gold. (and yet i cant justify a iracing membership for more then a month or two)

If you don't play online then Gold is useless unless you like old or indie games.

Concerning iRacing I can completely justify the membership but don't have one since I just can't find the time that game needs to be competent unless I solely do superspeedways.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Comrade Flynn posted:

So when does the Ultimate unlock? Tomorrow?

6AM in God Time. PT

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

General Probe posted:

Any word on if it's possible to discount upgrades like in previous (excluding 5) games, or is it full price full time?

I'm thinking that is something they would have announced by now so I'm guessing no.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ethanol posted:

lose your headlights at night and you're hosed. not even pcars hosed, you can't see... anything

Was that was happening? I had your stream on in the background and looked over and just saw a steering wheel. I thought my monitor was going out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Leather Bear posted:

At this rate, I don't know what Turn 10 can do for F7 other than more cars and tracks. Dynamic weather maybe with whatever DX 12 could offer.

They can satisfy my inner hillbilly by getting the NASCAR license.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

L_Harrison posted:

I know Cubey will love Forza 6 because the autocross and passing events are all separate of the main career.

But the first autocross event in the Corvette is tough as poo poo. I somehow need to gain 7 seconds (unless the drivatar difficult changes the objective time).

If you're having problems :stonklol:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cubey posted:

I'm lamenting having to spend money on shipping my car across the country right now rather than on this game and an Xbone. Oh well, I guess.

I just want to drive Watkins Glen :smith:

I'll totally deliver your car to you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr. Faustus posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't blame me for it after.

The passive aggressiveness in your posts are amazing. Holy poo poo you're annoying.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr. Faustus posted:

I no longer see any reason I should bother with the effort. I take all the poo poo, I get a little praise for the pretty pictures, but overall I get wrecked and poo poo on.

All you're missing is the cross to nail yourself to.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Getting all of your free cars is such a gigantic pain in the rear end.

I got the first on car on the list, said eff this then just grabbed the 358 Italia and called it a day.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Awesome pics. Thanks!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys need to move where there are people. $6 here will you enough Chinese food to feed a family.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Turn 10 is using the UI for the yellow car from R.C. Pro-Am.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Notice when the car begins to rotate? It should be accompanied by a pretty dramatic vibration on the controller. And just try to think back to yourself and say "Did that happen early in the corner, in the middle, or after? Did it happen when it turned in? When i broke? When i hit the gas"? I knew how to identify handling characteristics, but not how to translate that into numbers in the game. Still dont, in fact. Try little 10-20 percent changes and see what it does.

Those that dont tune must look at us like utter :goonsay: spergs but for me this is a fun minigame :)

I kind of understand the dynamics of tuning but for me it's not fun. I'm Cole Trickle, someone else can be Harry.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Man, GB, if you didn't play racing video games, you could have used the money youve spent on wheels and controllers to buy a beater car.

The title of the iRacing thread is no joke.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My dad had a '56 F100 just with more rust. He was an old street drag racer in LA and taught me how to speed shift in it at 6 years old. It'll be cool to cruise around in.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GutBomb posted:

I ended up getting an elite controller and it's a bit of a mixed bag for Forza. I like the fit and finish of the controller and I extended stick is perfect for finer steering adjustment and everything feels really smooth. Using the paddles for shifting isn't as good as I expected. For one, the software can't map 2 buttons to one paddle like I wanted (shift button and clutch button) so I used the lower paddle on each side for shifting and the upper paddle for clutch. It's easy to hit both paddles simultaneously, but the problem I had was downshifting while braking. Using the left paddles at the same time as the left trigger is really awkward. Plus I simply mapped the upper paddle to A which is what I use for clutch, and I kept accidentally hitting the paddles when picking the controller up. You have to be really careful if you set the controller down while paused.

The controller itself is nice and heavy and has a headphone port directly on it so you don't need an adapter. It's probably not worth $150 but it is a pretty good controller. I haven't given up on the paddles yet because they felt pretty good in all ocassions except braking.

That's a bummer. The only reason I would want something like this is if I could map multiple inputs to one button. Not that I would buy a $150 specialty controller anyways.

*Stares at his Mad Catz TE2*

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm just hoping for one of the 100 charity cars.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TheScott2K posted:

Putting VIP on sale last week and then not having the VIP discount apply to this DLC is pretty lovely. I want VIR but I'm not paying $20 for it, and I could give a gently caress about Porsche.

I do not see how a sale of something would imply a discount of something else.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

geeves posted:

I heard they hired the creative director from Madden.

That just means they plan to take features out of the game then add them back in five years later as gameplay improvements.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't like you're trying something different than all the same exact modes we do over and over so pretend I'm being a condescending rear end in a top hat here.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

geeves posted:

So 3 cars and a bunch of liveries......

That's what NASCAR is.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr. Faustus posted:

I could only buy it by launching my XBone, and searching "NASCAR Expansion" using the Bing app. It took me right to it.

Before that, I wasted a lot of time looking for it under Games>New Releases and Marketplace in FM6.

I'm salty about the Force Feedback poo poo. What the ever-loving gently caress? FIX THAT poo poo.

A friend of mine, after all these years, finally convinced himself to buy a console and a copy of FM6. He's still bothering me about the difference between Live Gold and VIP. I have explained VIP, Season Passes, and Expansion DLC like the Porsche Pack and the NASCAR pack to him, and he's still struggling with the cost structure. The idea of paid DLC for an expensive game is pissing him off (he's a PC gaming guy).

I don't blame him, I could only tell him that it's standard practice now.

Ninja: At least I talked him out of buying used or refurbished. I told him he's gonna want that warranty and he should plan to use it this time next year if he hasn't already.

Show him iRacing. Forza is pennies compared to that. A subscription plus having to buy all the tracks and cars after the initial few you get for signing up. It's probably close to $2k now plus then you still have to pay the sub.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

njsykora posted:

The argument about this extending the consoles lifespan doesn't really hold water with me when the last gen consoles ran for 8-9 years and the current gen isn't even at 3.

This too, I remember everyone saying the New 3DS wouldn't affect anything and you could play all games fine on the regular 3DS. Now we have games labelled as New 3DS only and games that seemingly haven't been tested on the regular 3DS and have major technical issues as a result.

That's like 1 or 2 games.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys have had some time with the content how is the NASCAR pack? I'm mainly interested in multiplayer Daytona and Indy oval racing but also some Watkins Glen if someone has spent time with it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Why doesn't Turn10 have special lobbies for big race weekends? Does having an Indycar lobby running the Indy oval only makes sense to me?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I just picked up a TX for a pretty good deal. Is there a goon recommended stand?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

geeves posted:

I have this. I have it in my office so I don't have to close it down when I'm done, but if I had to it's not too bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Wheelstand-Thrustmaster-Wheel-Stand-Pro/dp/B00GP3RUI6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Thanks for the suggestion. That is the one I've seen mentioned more than once. I'd rather use the $200 on a decent set of pedals so I just moved my Xbone into my office and will just use my Ubutto.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Does anyone have a decent tune for Nascar on Homestead road?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

geeves posted:

I do, #4 Haas Chevy. There are two. Homestead and Indy Oval. Both are very similar, but Indy Oval has a bit more grip and I use that one on the road courses.

Thanks! I'll check them both tonight.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If it isn't mailed to you yet then it should be within seven days.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Worth it just for the truck. The bubble car is a bonus.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

wolrah posted:

I'm 90% sure that Microsoft officially committed to offering all their future first-party titles on Windows 10 through Play Anywhere. As long as the program is a success, and I don't see any good reason why it wouldn't be, I think it's beyond the point where we need to be hopeful about anything.

As long as some disaster doesn't wipe Turn 10 off the face of the earth Forza 7 is going to happen, and when it does it'll be offered on Windows and will all but certainly inherit if not this exact wheel support code then something descended from it.

They backtracked after e3 and said only the games shown during the presentation will be win10 and other titles may or may not.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr. Faustus posted:

:agreed:

Although if the washtub impact noise from the demo makes it into the final game and is as annoying as I suspect it may become, I'll have to reconsider.
I've actually never raced to music except in fantasy games like Wipeout, or in GTA.

Don't play while taking a bath?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The hard copy on Amazon lists the all star car pack.

• Locked thread