Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
So excited for this, already pre-ordered the ultimate edition. I'm such a sucker for this series. Trying to finish off the single player and get all 3,000 rewards points for 5 before the release. Maybe put something about the rewards system in the OP? I feel like 6 will have a bigger and have more players due to more people having a bone now and FH2 being so successful. I know it hasn't been officially announced but I'm assuming since clubs were in FH2 they will be back for FM6. Are we going to be GRC or LLJK? Who else gonna be playing the poo poo out of this come Sep. 10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
They haven't talked about clubs specifically for for FM6 but let's be realistic, they were back for FH2. I don't think it's much of a leap to assume they'll be back for 6.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

OK so I've been looking at where to order the game and I'm a bit confused, even after looking at the spergy posts on the FM forum by ManteoMax.

So it looks to me like the only way to get the Deluxe or Ultimate editions are digitally from the Xbox Store. Stores like Gamestop, Bestbuy, Amazon etc. all have only the regular version available.

No big deal, BUT I must have the BMW M4 Team Forza pre-order car. Because. But this car is only available from retail store pre-order. But I can't figure out which store. Looks like Gamestop gets the STi and Amazon has the Hellcat, but which one has the M4?

But even if I get that info, its still pretty much useless because I don't see the point in NOT getting the Ultimate edition, which won't have the car I want. I know in previous games, the pre-order cars are opened up for DLC purchase a few months after the game releases, but I WANT THE CAR AT RELEASE!!!

I guess the only option is to buy the digital Ultimate edition, then the DLC code off loving Ebay or something. Why the gently caress wouldn't they release the Ultimate Edition at retailers so people can get the cars they want?

/ :spergin:

Just to be clear, you are aware the the M4 will be available for everyone at launch and that the preorder exclusive for some retailer is the Team Forza M4 which is a M4 with custom livery and pretuned by the devs right?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Needing to play some in order to buy cars is fine it just shouldn't be as grindy as release FM5 was. The point is to find a balance to where you don't feel restricted even if you're a casual player but also feel like you've "earned" the cars at the same time. Something F4 did masterfully.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
New batch of cars

1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
1966 McLaren M2B

1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
1966 Chaparral #66 Chaparral Cars 2E
1967 Ferrari 330 P4
1968 Abarth 595 esseesse
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
1969 Toyota 2000GT
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-454
1971 AMC Javelin AMX
1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI
1976 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312T2
1976 McLaren #11 Marlboro Team McLaren M23
1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1984 Ferrari GTO
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio Verde
1986 BMW M635CSi
1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport
1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1992 Bugatti EB110 SS
1992 Nissan Silvia CLUB K's
1993 Renault Clio Williams
1995 Ferrari F50
1997 Volvo 850 R
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
1998 Toyota Supra RZ
1998 Volkswagen GTI VR6 Mk3
1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2001 Audi RS 4 Avant
2004 Saleen S7
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2013 Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG
2014 Honda Civic Si
2014 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
2014 Rolls Royce Wraith

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
I only bolded the cars new to the series, the 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport was in FH2 and so far it looks like we are getting all FM5 and FH2 cars as staples, no?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
The D 90 is indeed in FH2.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Wow they really toned down the rewards this month 600,000 instead of the usual 2.1 mil :(

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Nah I've been level 7 for several months, and have always been able to claim on the first of the month and never been able to claim the difference in months where I leveled up. It sounds like you're experiencing some sort of bug if you have to wait 6 more days for your rewards.

Edit: Scratch that, looks like there's another claim in 6 days? Weird? Also I'm only 600 points away from the next tier, but I don't think I get the Tier 8 Audi unless I'm that tier before I start the game up but idk I'm just guessing.

General Probe fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 1, 2015

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
r/forza sound like tremendous retards. Really look forward to this! 22 more days!

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Or Forza 1 which had a soundtrack by Junkie XL. It's too bad the soundtracks have fallen completely by the wayside. FH2 had a great selection.

I have to echo what everyone else has said about rain and puddles in this game, the sensation is amazing. Right now my biggest complaint is that the water splash effect from chase cam or behind another car looks like poo poo. As of right now that's the sum total of my complaints about the game. Really digging the idea behind the mods system. Could really breathe some life into single player and I'm also really happy the roulette system from FH2 made it in.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Any word on if it's possible to discount upgrades like in previous (excluding 5) games, or is it full price full time?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
So loving jelly. 4 more hours of work and 30 minutes of traffic then I can finally start tuning cars again! Also racing, really hope to do more hon racing than I did in 5.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
I only just noticed that your windshield gets filthier as you race, along with the rest of the car. Nice little detail they added!

Also since I haven't been in this situation in any Forza game yet: what happens when you run out of fuel?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
At which point you get towed to the pit refueled and continue? Or does the race just end with a gently caress you?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
My feelings exactly. I have an HDTV but it's only 32" and the fonts are miniscule. UI is definitely the biggest issue left.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Do a hard restart of your xbox

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Since we're "merging" the 2 online race leagues I wanted to do an interest check here. I know some people have A) wanted alternate race days and B) wanted racing line enabled races. I'm thinking of repurposing Gutbombs specs and putting them on with those changes. Is there any interest in this at all? If so I would be willing to put it on.

General Probe fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 23, 2015

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Are they giving the 312's out at the end of each week, or at the end of the month?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Pileup makes it sound accidental instead of like the deliberate attempt to take people out that it is.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Incredible, can't wait to drive that truck!!

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Thanks for reminding me to pre order it. You not doing the FH3 thread? I'm actually excited smooth about it based off of FH2 that I haven't even looked at what it brings to the table other than Australia and some :krad: aussie cars that have never been featured in the series. Are clubs returning?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

SquirrelGrip posted:

will fh3 be good or bad

There is no doubt about it

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
oh my loving god, these nicknames. I'm having such a hard time choosing, they even included M. Rossi!!!!!!! :sotw:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Who else bought the novelty horn unlock DLC

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

Combat Pretzel posted:

After upgrading everything on my Ford GT, I did a total conversion and suddenly I could reapply all upgrades again. Not sure if that's intended or not, because now I have an 1150kW Ford GT. The TCR field is lit solid the first three gears, despite AWD. :suicide:

--edit: That's apparently over 1500hp.

The total conversions are just upgrade presets by turn 10, you could buy it, take it off and manually reapply it one part at a time if you wanted to our you can do what you did which is buy it and then add the rest of the upgrades.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

Shumagorath posted:

Ok I give up; can someone please explain how I'm supposed to drift through challenge zones? My drifting ability consists of taking an AWD down the highway and throwing it sideways with the e-brake, but while that can net you 40k+ points it can only do so in a straight line.

great Public Enemy reference

Look for "SHODAN 0x47" and download the S-class tune, though their Vandura and Willby tunes are better.

Don't use an AWD car? It's there a reason you aren't using a RWD car?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

Utnayan posted:

How long does it take to open up clubs... I have opened 4 festival areas, won a championship, unlocked all radio stations, etc. But yet I still cannot access clubs.

320K fans is when clubs unlock.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

robotsinmyhead posted:

RIP me on collectables. I have all but one road and all but one XP board and I can't loving find them :smugjones:

Did you get the one that was tucked between a building and a shed so close together you needed something super small like the Isetta or 595 to get it?
As for the road look around intersections for the missing bit, that's what got me on FH2.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
New update dropping today http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_october_update2

quote:

Stability
· Fixed an issue where having a microphone enabled in the game but no speech pack installed would cause the title to crash on Windows 10
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Windows 10 players when entering Maroondah Road Bucket List event
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Windows 10 and Xbox One players when joining online Bucket List Blueprint challenges with mismatched DLC
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Xbox One players when pausing the game
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some players when collecting Loyalty Rewards while in a Convoy
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some players when using the AMD R9 Fury X graphics card on Windows 10
· Fixed a TDR for Windows 10 players

Performance
· Players running four-core setups on Windows 10 should see CPU improvements
· Improved thread layout changes for eight-core setups on Windows 10, resulting in improved performance
· Improvement to performance in upgrades and tuning screens on Windows 10
· Fixed a stall when driving in Byron Bay on Windows 10
· Stall fixed when applying Drivatar liveries while driving on Windows 10
· Stall fixed when driving in free roam on Xbox One

Wheel Support
· Improvements to force feedback dead zone and FFB performance when driving on tarmac on both Xbox One and Windows 10
· Fixed a bug so that wheel button prompts now match the in-game bindings on Windows 10
· Actions that must be mapped are now identified in the UI and number of actions that must be mapped has been reduced on Windows 10

General Improvements
· Fix for photo mode being blurry for some Windows 10 players
· Groove music playback improvements on Xbox One
· Upgrade basket UI now supports mouse input for Windows 10
· Fix for bug that prevented Windows 10 players from progressing past the Start screen with no internet connection
· Added Master Volume option for Windows 10 players
· Fix to Advanced Camera functionality in left and top views in Paintshop (Xbox One and Windows)
· Fix to enable Rewind when returning from Co-Op to Solo (Xbox One and Windows)
· Added option to mute microphones in-game (Xbox One and Windows)
· Player can now continue driving when fuel runs out (Xbox One and Windows)

Gameplay Changes
· Horizon Edition cars that boost either Skills or XP no longer provide a benefit in Online Adventure
· Fixed an issue where the Perk “The XP Bump” worked in Online Adventure. Now it provides no benefit outside of single player racing
· Added a 30-second cooldown to the Drift Tap Skill
· Reduced the amount of XP awarded for banking Skill Chains
· Reduced 3-Star score target on the following Drift Zones: Mountain Scramble, Mountain Foot, Reservoir, and Gold Mine
· Previous Horizon Edition cars removed from Wheelspins; new Horizon Edition cars added. The new HE cars are the BAC Mono Horizon Edition , Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition, Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition, Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Horizon Edition, MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition, MINI Cooper S Horizon Edition, and the Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition
· Added the name of the current Championship to Car Select in Online Adventure to help players choose a suitable car
· Horizon Edition cars display the correct bonus for Wheelspins
· Fixed an issue where the Landmarks stat was incorrectly listed as 21 instead of 19, stopping players reaching 100 percent complete

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
FH2 did exactly the same thing with AI PI.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Did you drift tap or drift slam?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

DogonCrook posted:

Im getting audio stutters that sound like a scratched cd even though its a digital download on an external hard drive. Short pauses and stutters in the gameplay too.

Do you have instant on turned on on your Xbox? If so try doing a hard reset , that fixed it for me. Something about instant on causes sound to degrade in forza games over time.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
There are probably only 2 expansions planned going by past forza games. FH2 had Storm Island/Porsche. F6 had Porsche/Nascar. The MO for Forza games the past few years has been monthly car packs until the next Forza game releases (12), of which 6 ate covered by a car pass and then 2 expansion packs.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
That looks so fun, and is IMO thematically appropriate to Horizon which is much more casual.

Speaking of expansion packs and Porsche: as I'm sure most of you know the Porsche packs are done for the foreseeable future seeing as they have some sort of new 7 year agreement.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
At this point with 7 so close to coming out it almost makes more sense to wait for it rather than picking up 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Will 7 look any different on the new xbox other than 4K?

• Locked thread