Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Someone who picks the cars must have a 94 miata. Traditionally they always put in the highest-trim and year for performance in a given body style. Same with the 79 camaro. Odd choices that stick out, but i dont mind.
That first-gen Miata is arguably much better to include in a racing game than the second or third generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

azflyboy posted:

I think Turn 10 has said that they have 3d scans of cars that are in a higher resolution than even the current gen consoles can use, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of the cars that appear in all three current-gen Forza games aren't just the same models and textures (with some refinements) getting ported from one game to another.

This is the smart way to do it, so you don't get stuck with GT's system of "premium" cars and a number of them being last-gen assets.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I was hoping to hold out until Black Friday for an xbone but this is shaping up to make that a difficult decision. I liked some of the FM5 that I've played on my brother's system, but it felt like a launch title. I'm hoping this has the scope and size of FM4.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

So lame that the extras within the Ultimate edition can't be purchased separately. I want the blue console but that's missing out on that extra game content

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

ethanol posted:

isn't it just the fast and furious pack, or is there more? i plan on getting the game for free with all the bestbuy reward certificates i earned buying a laptop
VIP pack and the season pass. I'm sure they'll be available separately at some point, but as of now they're listed bundle only, and separately I'm sure the VIP pass will be more expensive than what it's actually worth, if FM4 was any indication.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I pre-ordered the FM6-edition Bone but it doesn't ship until the 15th along with the game. Played the demo last night on my brother's system.

Just hoping the system ships and arrives by the weekend of the release since I took a four day vacation off of work to play.

GT is Caeg for some evening/weekend EST races.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I briefly raced with goons in 4 and I sucked poo poo but it was still enjoyable.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Tip:

If you're waiting for the game to install, and you play it before it's ready, you'll do the same race as the demo with the Ford GT. If the game isn't finished installing after that race, and you exit the game and come back, you're stuck doing that same GT race again.

So including the demo this is the third time I'm running the thing.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

burtonos posted:

I don't think I'll be on before 11, and I am not sure what the electric cars are filed under. I have only got a few cars, but I do hope to get some racing in with you guys tonight.

Formula E has its own manufacturer listing. Pretty sure all the cars are identical aside from liveries.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Are we really only getting 5 loving cars per DLC pack? All of the regular monthly packs in FM4 and FM5 all had 10 cars each. Bummer, if that's the case.

7 cars each, according to the Car Pass store listing

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Yeah for that money for the console you could get a wheel.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

Keep on knockin' butchya can't come in! (Push-button gear-selectors... how do THEY work?)

Probably by a hydraulic or vacuum system prone to leaks when the hoses deteriorate :snoop:

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

The best fictional track was Red Rock Valley from GT2.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

GutBomb posted:

That's a weird way to spell Rainbow Road.

The OG gently caress You version from SNES or the okay one from N64?

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Cubey posted:

Catalunya is a race track and that is about the only opinion I have on it. It's not good enough to be memorable and has no really great sections, it isn't bad enough to be miserable or have anything inherently wrong with it. As far as modern tracks go it is acceptable. Like Mugello, or Nurb GP.

Not sure how anyone can get up an appreciable amount of dislike for it, but also can't ever see it being anyone's favorite track or a place they particularly look forward to racing on.

e: until this post I never even thought about the fact that Mugello is gone nor have I ever seen anyone mention it. I bet that'd be the case with Catalunya if it disappeared as well.

I loved Mugello in 4 and miss it way more than Maple Valley.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

My earliest memories of Forza were from FM2 and the seemingly endless grind around different variations of that test track to do anything in the career mode.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I was hoping to see the Porsche pack on Amazon since that's where the leak was before and wanted to try to get 20% off with Prime, but I'm not seeing it listed.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Man I need to get back into this game. Haven't picked up the Porsche set yet and that pack above looks excellent

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

I did the math and in the year 2066 we'll have Forza 31, and that tail light on that one car is still going to be the wrong shade of amber.

Or the Ford GT's speedometer axis will still be reversed.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I haven't paid any attention to NASCAR in so long I didn't even know that they had flaps on the hood. Also didn't they have front splitters and actual wings on the rear recently?

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

geeves posted:

I took a photo while using BCRock's Trump livery and tried to title it "Trump". Wouldn't let me. Now Drumpf on the other hand worked.

You gotta go with the smaller hand

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

L_Harrison posted:

Forza 6 car pass and Porsche expansion are both 50% off right now on Xbox Live if anyone hasn't grabbed them yet.

Are you making GBS threads me? I just paid full price for the Porsche set 2 days ago.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Man I forget we no longer have Mugello

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I bought the Forza edition of the Xbone and put what felt like a ton of hours into 6 but I'm sure my completion percentage is still low.

Now I'm torn between a 50" 1080p with a 5.1 setup that includes 12" woofer towers, or a 27" 144hz 1440p screen with a GTX1080 that seems like it'll be able to max this game out with ease.

Haven't played Horizon 3 or any of the other play anywhere games - do the save files sync between platforms? Probably going to split my time between PC and xbone on this one

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

All of this talk about gimmicks reminds me of this blast from the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Basticle posted:

I haven't played 5 or 6 but I don't understand what you guys mean by "spins" in this context

6 had these giveaways (like a game show spin) either at the end of race series or when you leveled up, can't remember which, but they were frequent enough and they basically dumpstered you with cash and cars.

I like it personally, in a racing/car game one shouldn't look at x car and go "okay I'll never be able to afford that unless I grind out RPG-levels of playtime".

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Talking about GT? Sorry, can't hear you over the constant tire squeal in every turn ever

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Basticle posted:

My favorite GT fact is that the original pressings of GT2 had a glitch where if you used the car wash a certain # of times (I think it was 100?) It would wipe your memory card

There were a ton of glitches in the early pressings (three revisions total, last ones were black and white disc labels). I accidentally wiped my memory card, twice, because I was rotating out 2-3 memory cards with the same file but different cars in each garage since one file only held 100? cars. So I'd keep copying the files between two and then trading cars between the other one to extend my capacity. Still loved that game so much that after clearing the data twice I started up a third blank garage.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Gamestop's preorder is a 1/43 model of the 911 GT2 RS, and I was hype as hell to order, until I saw it's not available with the digital copy. Sons of bitches

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I hate my Grand Marquis and can't wait to scrap the piece of poo poo but am legit excited to build up a Crown Vic

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I saw some random Youtube video where the guys were talking about the devs saying stuff about making the cars look good in 4k and it almostmade it sound like they were re-modeling some of the notorious old versions of cars that have made it from the first couple games through the series mostly untouched. Any word on that?

I hope this means that the Ford GT's speedo isn't still turbofucked.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Yeah if you want to ball out on a 4K screen then you're going to want a 1080/Ti, but if you're already 4K gaming then that shouldn't be news to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Mokotow posted:

Also, I gotta say looking from the side so far it's not looking super sharp or much different from F6 on a normal
Bone really.

I'm not surprised - the OG Bone (and PS4 too) have 2012-era hardware which wasn't even top end stuff five years ago.

• Locked thread