Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Best thing in the pack:

quote:

2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine
One advantage this Cadillac XTS Limousine has is its length. You are not going to just fly by this vehicle. It’s long. When toting around VIPs, you need a limousine and that’s where this rig comes in. Plunk down in its luxurious interior and watch a movie while Jeeves puts in a few laps or use it as a canvas for an elongated livery. With 300 horsepower in the stock version (and don’t forget you can upgrade this thing with a NASCAR engine), it’s no slouch. If you want to practice your cornering skills, the Limo will give you a new perspective on watching out behind you. Simply put, this is one hulking and fancy piece of machinery that has no business on the track. All the more reason to have it in Forza Motorsport 6 we say.
I love that last line too. Stupid cars are the key to keeping things fun. I can't wait to play tag with that beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

holocaust bloopers posted:

People got mad when somebody modded in Mario Kart tracks into Assetto Corsa, so yes.

Yep, it's a strange form of brain damage that seems to affect the "sim" community, doing anything that's not up to their standards of realism makes you a horrible person. Somehow the fact that you can do something they wouldn't ruins their experience.

gently caress that poo poo, Reliant Robins on Rainbow Road all day.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

azflyboy posted:

Has anyone else noticed that the drivatars seem to be pants-on-head retarded when it comes to driving anything with lots of downforce? With road cars, the AI seems to be reasonably competent, but with the (70's or modern) F1 or Indy cars, I have no trouble driving a couple seconds per lap faster than the AI on "pro" or "unbeatable", and there's frequently AI cars ending up in the runoffs on basically any track that has them.
Total wild guess, but given the AI's tendency to brake at inappropriate places it seems reasonable that it would have trouble with cars that depend on maintaining a certain minimum speed to work.

WienerDog posted:

Limo owns, guys.
Yes it does. AWD + race motor + a few other upgrades to A700 = crazy drift limo that's surprisingly controllable around the airport tag area. I haven't had a chance to try it with real people yet, but it feels good.

Any specifics on what swaps got nerfed? My previous tag car is the old Abarth with the rotary engine and AWD which was a beast, so I'm hoping that hasn't suddenly become a low S class car.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

robotsinmyhead posted:

I don't know if they did specifics, but basically, if you drivetrain swapped any car, that leaderboard time is wiped out. A lot of small cars that took DT swaps ended up with significantly lower-than-observed PI, so that same car is going to go up in PI after the patch. Not sure how much.

Happily my Abarth remains an A699, and I don't think I have any leaderboard times with swapped cars.

Cojawfee posted:

Edit: Maybe not. Ultimate gets you the first DLCs, maybe that's something else.

VIP gets you the VIP car pack (458, V12 Zagato, Veneno, GT350R, McLaren F1) and special bonuses like double earnings and exclusive online events.

The Car Pass gets you the first 6 monthly car packs.

Deluxe Edition includes VIP and the first monthly pack (the one that just came out)

Ultimate Edition includes VIP and the Car Pass.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 7, 2015

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

L_Harrison posted:

(Jesus Christ, Turn 10, you better give us the Silhouette Skyline or else).

Is it bad that this comment made me kinda want an Oldsmobile Silhouette as the next gimmick car?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

robotsinmyhead posted:

Minivan races would own and you loving know it.

Minivan Car Pack
1990 Dodge Caravan Turbo
1990 Ford Aerostar
1991 Mazda MPV
1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3800
1994 Toyota Previa S/C

and for the gimmick car in a gimmick car pack...

1995 Volkswagen/Winnebago Eurovan Rialta

Dr. Faustus posted:

Have you already forgotten the Ford Transpocalypse of FM4? Unless there are tracks as wide as LA freeways, I'd rather pull off my own nipples with Vice-Grips™ than suffer more huge vehicle races.

I was one of the people who would bring my Transit out because I was bored, so I'm not seeing the problem here...

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I think modern minivans would get more in to the Gran Turismo "here's some more garbage cars no one cares about just to up the count" category. They're all FWD car-based designs following basically the same formula.

The early '90s were the peak of the minivan era before SUVs destroyed them, so they had some variety. The Caravan had a turbo motor from the performance versions of the K cars. The Aerostar was rear wheel drive with a Cherokee-like partial unibody platform. The MPV was kind of a proto-crossover. The Previa was mid-engine and supercharged. The dustbuster's actually the most boring one there, but it inspired the thought in the first place and sure would be funny to swap a LS4 in to.

All for the Espace F1 though.

If we're thinking modern though, the Transit Connect offers the same basic motor as the Fiesta ST (dragging around an additional thousand pounds) and the Mercedes R-Class is kinda in the Mazda MPV vein plus it has an insane AMG model. There's certainly some interesting stuff to find, bit those four just seem boring.

Of course if we swap the plain Odyssey for Bisimoto's version I'm entirely behind it.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 4, 2015

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Yeah, those are definitely the most interesting ones, the rest was more of a stretch to make a 6 car pack.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Forza Hub for Windows 10 released.

Most interesting feature I've seen so far in about five minutes of playing with it is it has "Stream Game" buttons for all of the Xbox One games that presumably will fire up the Xbox app and tell it to start streaming that game from your console.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What in the serious gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FJ1_nX7IM

(Its cool but when classics like the Chevy Spark, the FC RX-7 and the 00's GTO are omitted, tie-in marketing from a wildly successful months-old game seems kinda wasteful. Also Jay Leno's real-life turbine car would have done the same thing)

New assist option: Manual fuel-rod cooling control

I believe that was announced along with the truck back when Fallout came out, I guess they didn't get around to finishing it until now.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

track day bro! posted:

After sitting in an Exige I realised that I would probably hate driving it anywhere that isnt a racetrack and at least the mr2 has a decent sized boot for a euro roadtrip. I think i'd prefer an Evora, if not that i'll just stick the evora motor in the mr2 instead.

The Exige had long stood on my attainable dream car list, but a few years ago one of the local dealers had an Elise at the auto show that they were allowing people to actually get in to.

I got about 3/4 of the way in before realizing I might need help getting out, and that was without a roof in the way.

My dream of owning an Exige died that day.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Gamecube>Wii>WiiU was kinda the same thing too, basically an upgraded version of the same hardware each time.

I really don't get why so many people seem to be making GBS threads their pants over the possibility of a mid-cycle refresh that's more meaningful than a die shrink. It's not like the games will get worse on the original revisions, they'll just have the opportunity to be better on the new ones.

I think part of it is some of the console diehards truly believe that PC gamers have to spend thousands of dollars to keep up (rather than the reality where a Core i5 2500K from 2011 is still within farting distance of top-end chips in most games) and fear that straw man belief coming true in their world.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
loving retailer-exclusive cars...

So if I'm understanding this correctly I have to buy it digitally to get the cross-buy thing, but if I want to get a car that's not a lame C63 without waiting for the pack a year down the road I have to buy it retail. There's not even a Microsoft store anywhere in my general area.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cojawfee posted:

Aren't those always just special editions of the car with some dumb paint on them?

That's what they did for FM6, but they specifically identified those as "xxxxxxx with Team Forza Livery". That is also the correct way to do it, so I'm disappointed they're reverting to this garbage.

The way the listing is written this time makes it look just like the bullshit they pulled with FH2 where certain cars were exclusive to specific retailer preorders until this pack came out http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_pre_order_car_pack

edit: People on FM.net claiming that BADNED has confirmed the retailer-exclusive cars are just tuned and liveried versions of normal cars. I haven't found the direct word from him or any other trustworthy sources yet, just those second-hand reports.

The 2016 R8 V10 Plus is definitely also listed as a Forza Rewards car, so that does seem to support the idea that they won't be exclusive. Possibly crisis averted.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 13, 2016

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

njsykora posted:

This makes me hopeful for Forza 7.

I'm 90% sure that Microsoft officially committed to offering all their future first-party titles on Windows 10 through Play Anywhere. As long as the program is a success, and I don't see any good reason why it wouldn't be, I think it's beyond the point where we need to be hopeful about anything.

As long as some disaster doesn't wipe Turn 10 off the face of the earth Forza 7 is going to happen, and when it does it'll be offered on Windows and will all but certainly inherit if not this exact wheel support code then something descended from it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I dont see how this makes sense for xbox. Why would you buy an xbox one (or whatever console comes next) when they are releasing everything on PC?

As noted consoles are cheap and simple. Sure, you can build a usable gaming PC for not much more (JayzTwoCents on Youtube just posted a video with a sub-$400 retail build) but even as a PC diehard I'll gladly admit they're more hassle. I think you get more value with a PC, but these days a lot of people are satisfied with their mobile devices for the other things a PC can do.

As I see it they've just changed Xbox from a hardware platform to a software platform, where the console is now the reference hardware for the software platform. Next year there will be two reference boxes when Scorpio releases, along with a spectrum of Windows 10 computers in between and above. Games will be expected to perform to a certain standard on the reference platforms, but those of us who are willing to take the cost/complexity trades can get more.

This also gives them a stronger foothold on the PC gaming market. Steam is a juggernaut, they have lots of user inertia on their side. A competitor must offer something Steam doesn't or can't to get people to use their service. Most do this by force, through exclusive games, but with cross-buy between console and PC Microsoft has something they can offer above and beyond which Steam can't compete with. A Microsoft rep specifically mentioned eventually offering their PC games on Steam and other digital stores, but cross-buy won't be available anywhere else.

For a household that owns both gaming PCs and an Xbox that's a really appealing offer. For someone who has a console but wants to buy a PC in the future it's brilliant.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

I said come in! posted:

Microsoft never said this.

Yes they did, but they later backtracked and said it was a mistake in wording.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/07/microsoft-appears-to-roll-back-on-its-xbox-play-anywhere-pledge
http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-stealthily-edits-xbox-play-anywhere-description/
http://www.slashgear.com/microsoft-apologizes-for-xbox-play-anywhere-miscommunication-11447737/

The original text in Microsoft's post was

quote:

Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store
but it was changed to

quote:

Every new title published from Microsoft Studios that we showed onstage at E3 this year will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store
though Phil Spencer responded to IGN with this:
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/751198457814147073
indicating that Play Anywhere will be the default but certain games may not be "right for all devices".

I'm not sure what games would be good for consoles but not PCs though. Even if it's best on a big screen with multiple controllers, PCs do that just fine and Microsoft is very aware of that fact since the Xbox controllers are the easiest way to do it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cojawfee posted:

Someone earlier mentioned Kinect games and that makes sense.

Technically Kinect for PC is a thing, but I see your point. Aside from a few people trying to plug them in to VR setups most Kinect for PC users are using them for mocap, low-end 3D scanning, etc.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Like i said earlier, "Selling certain big AAA Titles cross platform" makes sense. "All Xbox One games on PC" does not.

:( I dont want to go back to being PC Master Race, it was expensive.

That's the thing though, you wouldn't have to. We know when Scorpio comes out in late 2017 the plan is that games will be required to work to certification standards on the original "Durango" Xbox One, but can run at higher graphical detail on the new one.

Let's say they follow the same basic schedule with the next one after that. E3 2020 they announce the Scorpio S to be released that fall and the next upgrade version to ship in 2021. My assumption would be that some time between those dates developers targeting release after the 2021 model ships are allowed to change their minimum target to Scorpio, ending the primary support of Durango after eight years. Repeat the cycle again for the next generation. Those who choose customizability and performance over simplicity and cost can go outside the box but sacrifice a large layer of support by doing so.

As long as they do a good job enforcing that games provide an enjoyable experience on the older supported console model I think it'll be a win all around. Console players get the opportunity to get performance increases while maintaining their long lifecycles if they want, PC players get some more games, and Microsoft merges their two gaming communities. It's not like they make much if any of a profit on the consoles themselves, they make money on the games and accessories.

Obviously I had to make a few big assumptions to get there and it requires competent execution, but it's plausible and reasonable.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dr. Faustus posted:

The game. It calls me Captain. That alone is marvelous.
One of the Dirt games won this one by having "Fuzzy Nuts" as an option. I crashed mid race due to laughing way too many times after I'd hear "Hey Fuzzy Nuts..." over the radio

quote:

Now playing manual w/clutch. Physics may be simplified, not sure. Control is responsive and tight. No idea about the Lambo tune, it corners better than any Lambo I have driven bar the Veneno. Graphics are gorgeous.
Maybe it's just because I've been playing a lot of GTA recently, but it feels a lot less arcadey than older Horizon games did, while still clearly being arcadey as gently caress.

quote:

Note: Drive on the left-hand side.
Hardest part of the whole drat game so far.

Lyer posted:

Aw, no PC demo until after release. Definitely a day 1 buy for me, but was waffling between the "home theater" experience vs. the "superior experience" on my PC.
At least you won't have to choose. Just buy it on the Microsoft store and get both.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Sebastian Flyte posted:

Has Playground Games given any details about anti-cheat measures in the PC version of Horizon 3? Two things especially worry me: A. Will the top of the leaderboards be nothing but 0.1s lap times, and B. Will I be able to hack the upgrade tables and put a Bugatti Veyron engine in a BMW Isetta?

Supposedly the UWP environment shits the bed if you attempt to modify things. We'll see, of course, how that actually plays out when we have it in our hands. FM4 was really easy to modify on a JTAG console, all the values are just stored in a SQLite database. If that hasn't changed then everything comes down to whether that database gets verified.

edit: At least in Apex the database still looks like it's SQLite but it seems to be encrypted.

edit2:
code:
wolrah@saturn:~$ strings forzamotorsportapex.exe | grep gamedb
game:\media\db\gamedb.slt
game:\Media\db\gamedb.slt
.?AVkeywrapper_gamedb_decryptionkey@@
.?AVkeywrapper_gamedb_mackey@@
.?AV?$TransformITCryptoProvider@Vnullkeywrapper@@Vkeywrapper_gamedb_decryptionkey@@Vkeywrapper_gamedb_mackey@@@IOSys@@
Yeah, the database is encrypted now. How strong their implementation is I don't have the skills to determine, but they're at least trying rather than just leaning on the hope that no one could boot a modified disk like they were on the 360.

edit3: Trying to run the same strings check on the preloaded EXE for FH3 but it's not letting me copy it over to my Linux box. I don't feel like dicking with permissions and possibly breaking my game install hours before release, so I'll see if that changes after the game unlocks.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 22, 2016

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Game runs good with everything on High with my 980, but anything with the car customization menus is chugging bad. Is that an actual issue, or is Forza Horizon just one of those racing games that has really bad performance in customization menus?

(I only ask because it's like some weird curse that not matter how well a given racing game runs, there's a huge percentage of them that have terrible performance issues in menus or customization areas, for whatever reason)

I'm seeing the same, it runs great at the default "High" setting on my 970, the second one clocks up but does nothing so as expected no SLI support. The upgrade menu stutters like crazy though. My game is installed on a 3TB 7200RPM hard drive so it should still be a faster disk than what the Xbox version is playing off of. I'm going to try playing on my Xbox tonight and see how it runs.

Also I don't know if they've fixed it by now but at least last night none of the bundled DLC with the ultimate pack was working on PC. If I clicked one it would say I already own it, but I couldn't use any of the cars nor was I getting VIP bonuses. Supposedly this is affecting pretty much everyone playing on PC right now.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
One of my friends with a basically identical build to mine (same CPU, mobo, RAM, and SSD, just he has a 980Ti instead of 2x970) is currently unable to launch the game at all. It gets to the Horizon 3 splash screen, sits for a while, then dies apparently.

Reinstalling the game, disabling all AV, unplugging all input devices and mic, etc. as recommended on the forums doesn't seem to help, so he's gonna try reinstalling his OS after work and if not will be refunding it.

They really should have released the demo on PC so they could get a preview of these problems rather than effectively dumping them on the biggest fans who were willing to fork over $100 for digital cars.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Also the cart system. drat is it ever nice to not have to waste money while trying to figure out what the max equipment you can cram in to a PI spec is.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Friend whose game wasn't booting properly had a T10 community manager call him and was going to have someone from T10 remote in to his machine if it didn't work after an eighth reinstall... and for whatever reason it's started working. So on the plus side, my friend's now able to play. On the minus side, that might have allowed them to figure out what was going wrong.

All we know at this point is said friend went scorched earth on the Windows Store's install folders before the one that finally worked.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dr. Faustus posted:

I used to think I saw w0lrah a lot but then this happened. h4x!

Heh, that's an odd one.

Zip! posted:

Just a friendly PSA!

If you go to your garage and see the credit amount listed - choosing "remove from my garage" does not net you said amount of credits for selling that vehicle.

It doesn't give you anything, in fact.

RIP my $1.3m Koenigsegg I guess! :toot:
Was it a reward car or the VIP Regera? If you didn't pay for it you don't get anything for selling it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Drastic Actions posted:

I didn't know you could do photo mode at any time. Man, it's fun.

That is a great wallpaper shot.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
The way different options affect the performance in this game is so weird.

This is a capture of me running at 4K DSR on a single 970. All advanced settings on high, MSAA off, FXAA on. I get no notable performance change with recording on or off so that doesn't seem to be a factor here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C5lHvAbbfg

It can easily maintain a minimum of 30 FPS but has a weird stuttering that almost seems to be the game engine itself. It seems like we just lose a few ticks every now and then, suddenly time warps forward a fraction of a second.

I'm on a 4790K with 32GB of RAM and my most heavily utilized core is around 80% while this is happening. My OS is on a SSD but my game is on a 7200 RPM hard drive because of lack of available space on the SSD.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Be fair. Almost no one wants to complain about the game not working. Most everyone would rather just play the game without issues and have fun. Microsoft really does poo poo the bed quite spectacularly. Whomever it was upthread who said, essentially, "I expect all PC releases, even the big ones, to be an absolute dumpster fire at launch" hit the nail on the head. It's one of the contributing factors to my focus on console gaming (though I hate consoles for FPS games).

There's also the fact that people don't tend to post about things that are working as expected. The only real problem I've had was the DLC not working initially during the early release. The performance "problems" I've posted about I'm only experiencing because I'm trying to squeeze every last FPS and bit of detail out of my system. If I run it in "console mode" and lock my framerate all that goes away.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

u_s_eh posted:

Launched FH3 on Windows 10 a few minutes ago...it downloaded the patch, then decided to re-download the whole game. Ouch.

quote:

Important Windows 10 Update
This week Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 that addresses a problem that would cause the full game to be downloaded again during our next planned update to Forza Horizon 3. All Windows 10 players are strongly encouraged to download the update immediately to avoid being impacted.

Start>Run winver

If you're not on 14393.222 you need to update.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

when the hell can i get into a club? I've got three festivals up all above level 2 and the internet seems to say that if you get the desert to level 2 you should be able to do clubs.

I got it when I leveled up my third to level 2. I went with the Outback second then stayed there for a bit, so I had two on Byron, three on Outback, and two on Surfer's before it unlocked clubs.

The internet says all you need is level 2 on three of 'em, but maybe that one level 3 I had mattered?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cojawfee posted:

FFB has never been good in any Forza game. I can catch slides in all kinds of cars in different sims, I've never caught a slide with a wheel in any Forza game.

I got my 360 wheel about midway through FM3's life so I drove FM4 exclusively with a wheel and consistently led the drift leaderboards in the club. It was a bit tricky with the lovely Microsoft wheel but once I upgraded to Fanatec a few months in to FM4 having the clutch just made it amazing. Horizon 1 was definitely less accurate, but again I used the wheel only and never had problems.

FM5/6 I never had a wheel for because Microsoft are dicks.

Now that Fanatec support has supposedly been added to FH3 and Apex I need to bring my PC upstairs and give this a shot again.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I have never been able to drift in any racing games with any type of controller. It makes me sad!

The trigger vibration on Xbox One really helps IMO.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cojawfee posted:

I'll admit that setting the wheel to 270 degrees allowed me to drift just fine. A realistic range of motion has never worked well with Forza.

No argument there. I know they claimed 900 support but it was never good. With a bunch of tweaking I managed to make 540 feel reasonable, but it's definitely clear that they didn't put effort in to making anything higher than 270 work well.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

CapnBry posted:

Thanks, I see that I can drop this car from 803 to 802 by putting stupid heavy wheels on it. I guess that's the only detrimental mod, eh?

Heavy wheels are the only thing I can think of that's guaranteed to drop the PI in all cases.

Roll cages, the oil coolers, and big aero can all affect the PI in either direction depending on configuration. They all add weight and especially on slower builds may not add enough performance to make up for it.

Removing AWD where applicable is generally the biggest drop you can get on faster cars, but on some of the underpowered ones like the old Jeep I'm pretty sure the weight loss actually makes it gain PI.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I marathoned all the Fast movies (including Turbo-Charged Prelude and Los Bandoleros) before watching #7 and I'd have to say my top three are 1, 3, and 5.

The first one sets up the characters and was the source of most of the memes. Tokyo Drift (3) is only loosely connected to rest of the series but is really fun to watch and basically set the tone for the ones that followed. Fast Five is the Brazil one and is where the crew basically become full-blown action heroes. Furious 7 I think is up there as well, but probably wouldn't be as memorable if it weren't for Paul's death and the final scenes. That fork in the road always seems to coincide with someone cutting onions.

2 Fast 2 Furious is basically forgettable aside from what became memes, the fourth and sixth are better but still can definitely be skipped if you aren't really in to the series. That said if you're bored and feel like killing a day and a case or three of beer you can't go wrong watching them all at least once. Treat them like B movies, turn your brain off and embrace the 24 speed transmissions.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Keket posted:

They need to have a 'online freeroam/whatever with club members' thing that would try to group you up or something, atm clubs seem kinda moot.

I think that's been intentionally left out because the Xbox platform as a whole is supposed to be getting major upgrades to the party system that were announced at E3 Real Soon Now (TM) so games won't need to implement as much themselves, but of course it hasn't happened yet.

Major Nelson has talked about it a few times on his podcast and it sounds like at least some of those features are out to Xbox Preview Program members.

In other news, this most recent patch apparently brought with it anti-cheat technology and the first swing of the banhammer must have been last night because the forums and /r/Forza are covered in people complaining about being banned today. One guy was actually streaming when it happened and doesn't seem to have been cheating so there may be legitimacy to complaints of false positives. Anyone here get hit?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

A Handed Missus posted:

I was happy to see that Kalashnikov has a boring corporate logo that a babby like me could easily re-create

You got the logo right, but you forgot an A in the name.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Xbox Live's system-wide Clubs feature apparently went live today, so I grabbed Goon Racing Club. It's publicly visible but requires approval right now. All members can invite people, and I've invited a the people on my friends list who are on the spreadsheet in the OP.

Anyone who is a leader of one of the existing in-game groups bug me and I'll make you a leader on this too.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

snograt posted:

3 members - things can only get better 😁

Up to 6 now, I just got back home and approved all pending requests.

edit: I tried to start inviting everyone on the spreadsheet, but it'll only allow me to invite people on my friends list. I've been lazy about adding people to my friends historically and it's a bit tedious, so I just added the names I remember racing against a lot in previous games and sent them invites.

As I understand it anyone who's in should now be able to invite anyone on their friends list, plus anyone can still find it and send a request to join, so hopefully we can get the group filled in with most of the regulars at least over the next few days

wolrah fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 12, 2016

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dr. Faustus posted:

This is me bugging you, wolrah.

Got ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Thief posted:

you can basically drift anything RWD with proper clutchkicking and enough speed.

I recall back on FM4 there was a rivals drift event on Fujimi where everyone was running GTR-swapped Datsun 510s and I managed to top the club leaderboard using a bone stock 510.

• Locked thread