Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Problem description: I just installed a new motherboard on a fresh install of Win7. For whatever reason, usb devices will work for a minute or two after booting, but then freeze until I reboot. It seems that the shut down process also likes to stick when I have to do the reboot so I've been trying to avoid doing it so I don't break everything and have to start running repair.

It doesn't just freeze up the devices though. I'm using a USB headset and after the freeze up when I try to access audio devices the page will freeze up and I'll have to force close it.

Attempted fixes: Google, reinstalled drivers, unplugging something causes it to not power on at all.

Recent changes: I just installed a new motherboard and processor. I've never done that on my own before so it's entirely likely that I hosed up somehow.

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro 64

System specs:
CPU Intel i5-4590
Motherboard H97-D3H
HD Seagate ST1000DM003
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I seem to have fixed it. Was using an external USB hub and it looks like that was the problem.

• Locked thread