Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A DECK INTO MY KMC PERFECT FITS. IT'S DOOMSDAY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, STEPHEN MENENDIAN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME LABORATORY MANIACS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PILOTED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS DECK. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY TAKING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING

sign up for the fourth thunderdome. the format is vintage. the place is on the internet.

i will probably close signups this Sunday to try to get rd1 going by Monday.

irc: #mtgthunderdome on irc.synirc.net
xmage: http://xmage.de

PM your decklists to me with TDOME 4 DECKLIST somewhere in the title so i know not to open them. I'll go by who i've got PMs from when finalizing participants.

people who like old cards:
black potus
Sigma-X
eSporks
Elyv
AgentSythe
L0cke17
Moogs
GreyPowerVan
wildfire1
suicidesteve
Death Bot
Mince Pieface
Ciprian Maricon

decklists

black potus fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Plz delay this till august tia.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
So loving in. I don't know anything about vintage and want to try to brew something.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I am in, I want a janky brew to play, someone point me in the right direction.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sure what the hell.

Also you should tell people to meet on #mtgoon, no one uses the thunderdome channels

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I know like, 4 decks in this format so I look forward to dying in spectacular ways

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

luckily for you, you only have 1 more to learn

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

afaik mana drain hasn't really been a pillar of vintage for a long time

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Probably right, but it is still representative of counter based control decks that don't fit into the other pillars.

That article even says this "This card is usually seen hand in hand with Force of Will, although there have been many lists that omit Drain entirely, lately, for various reasons."

eSporks fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 25, 2015

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Now that my job and apartment situations have stabilized, I hopefully won't have to drop this time! Also, I am hopefully gonna be getting paper power soon, so I need to try out things before I settle on a couple of decks to build!

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Proceeds the Weedian... Nazareth
Somebody has to play Doomsday so I guess I'm in!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I still haven't figured out how to make my internet not complete poo poo, but I'm in anyway.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Moogs posted:

Somebody has to play Doomsday so I guess I'm in!
I played it last time. I will probably play it again, but I want something sweeter.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

TheLawinator posted:

Plz delay this till august tia.

there will be more . . . . .

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

black potus posted:

there will be more . . . . .

Look it's against tradition if I'm not in the top 8.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
pushing the deadline out to next sunday, the 5th, to give people time to get lists together

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

What is the server IP that we're using on xmage? I can't seem to connect to whatever we were using last time.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
we've been playing on xmage.de and xmage.woogerworks.com

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
So is there a better place to go than mtgthesource to learn about what the gently caress you can do in vintage?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Sigma-X posted:

So is there a better place to go than mtgthesource to learn about what the gently caress you can do in vintage?

Don't go to The Source for anything. The Mana Drain is ugly as sin but it's a really good place for information.

What do you want to do?

Also I'm obviously in.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

I'm in.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
hi folks, get your decklists in please

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

tell me what to play

there are like 4 different decks i want to play

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

dredge

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Elyv posted:

dredge

I'm registering with dredge

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

hello i'd like to change my sideboard to 4x leyline of the void, 4x grafdiggers cage, 4x rest in peace, 3x whatever

:3:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

AgentSythe posted:

tell me what to play

there are like 4 different decks i want to play

Not dredge or shops. Anything with blue spells will be fun!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

My deck list is in your inbox I made it pretty clear that it's my list and you shouldn't read it so please don't read it thanks.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

My deck list is in your inbox I made it pretty clear that it's my list and you shouldn't read it so please don't read it thanks.

i'm going to print it out and read it on the can when i do a poo

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
i sent my list. my dredge list.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Entering.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

im going to try this again, i hope fetchlands work now

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ciprian Maricon posted:

im going to try this again, i hope fetchlands work now

I haven't had any problems even with Fire/Ice in my deck.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I don't think the deck I registered will win a single game, but it looked sweet so here we are

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

AgentSythe posted:

I don't think the deck I registered will win a single game, but it looked sweet so here we are

sup buddy me too

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i have seven lists on top of mine friends

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

black potus posted:

Cut to top 8?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

eSporks posted:

Cut to top 8?

One round, cut to top 4.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Isn't Sunday the deadline for lists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

black potus posted:

maybe post the names of who did send them to you?

• Locked thread