Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ciprian Maricon posted:

GET AT ME (i should be free next weekday evenings after tuesday)

sure we'll play like tomorrow night if you're on orrrr whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

black potus posted:

and now, round two:

L0cke17 vs the bye

Man that guy is awful, I have a 100% win rate against him!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

:getin:

Just meet in IRC or whatever, evenings.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sigma-X posted:

moogs holla me with times, I work 10-7 california time

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Death Bot I am available after work around 7 PST usually or during the weekend. What times are good for you?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Mince Pieface posted:

Death Bot I am available after work around 7 PST usually or during the weekend. What times are good for you?

Something like that should be fine, sadeathbot on Skype w same avatar.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ciprian Maricon posted:

GET AT ME (i should be free next weekday evenings after tuesday)

actually can you pm me your skype deets its easier that way

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Proceeds the Weedian... Nazareth

Sigma-X posted:

moogs holla me with times, I work 10-7 california time

I think we'll have to do after 10 pm ET, I am slammed at work this week and can't play during the day my time. Do you hang out in the IRC? I'll be in there tonight and tomorrow night, I believe.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
yeah I jam in IRC when I can.

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

yeah I jam in IRC when I can.

Moogs won 2-1, turns out playing first is a big advantage in the Shops mirror.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Moogs posted:

Moogs won 2-1, turns out playing first is a big advantage in the Shops mirror.

g2 I turn 1 kuldotha forgemaster, g3 I have turn 1 kuldotha forgemaster except he opens up with trinisphere and I'm casting a mox off my shop before he waste-crucible locks me :D

it was exciting magic.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Don't leave Trinisphere in your deck in th Shops mirror TIA.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

Don't leave Trinisphere in your deck in th Shops mirror TIA.
When do you want to do this? Evenings are best for me and I will be out of town on Saturday.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

eSporks posted:

When do you want to do this? Evenings are best for me and I will be out of town on Saturday.

Probably tomorrow after dinner I guess.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Death Bot posted:

Something like that should be fine, sadeathbot on Skype w same avatar.

Sent you a skype request!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
wildfire1 i will be available on and off tonight

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'm ready to play now until I make dinner whenever that is then after I eat dinner.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/1 here. Game 1 Dredge happened hard. Game 2 my triple Ravager, Wasteland draw somehow ended up being good enough thanks to him not hitting much dredge-wise and me always being able to nuke any Bridges before he could make use of them. Game 3 he mulled to 1, I had a turn 1 Porcelain Legionaire, turn 2 Sword of Fire and Ice, equip for a 3 turn clock when his deck would have taken at least 2 to do anything. Sorry for the luck :( GL in the next matches.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

black potus posted:

wildfire1 i will be available on and off tonight

I'll try and get online

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
2-0 here, game 1 ended with uh, some player error. game 2 i rocked a t1 thalia off of a mox and the game ended with my opponent having to storm off of a little too early due to pridemage on the field and being one mana short of lethal.

good games!

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

vintage is hard, don't play doomsday kids

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

2/1 here. Game 1 Dredge happened hard. Game 2 my triple Ravager, Wasteland draw somehow ended up being good enough thanks to him not hitting much dredge-wise and me always being able to nuke any Bridges before he could make use of them. Game 3 he mulled to 1, I had a turn 1 Porcelain Legionaire, turn 2 Sword of Fire and Ice, equip for a 3 turn clock when his deck would have taken at least 2 to do anything. Sorry for the luck :( GL in the next matches.
My opening 7 would have actually been good in game 3. I had 3 lands and 2 nature's claims. If you had any spheres though, the hand kinda did nothing without bazaar to get it going.
G2 I was definitely hitting some awful dredges. I don't know if I maybe should have been taking a drawstep there or not.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

eSporks posted:

My opening 7 would have actually been good in game 3. I had 3 lands and 2 nature's claims. If you had any spheres though, the hand kinda did nothing without bazaar to get it going.
G2 I was definitely hitting some awful dredges. I don't know if I maybe should have been taking a drawstep there or not.

The thing with game 2 is that you really kinda needed Bridges to fight me because your Dread Return plan is pretty bad when your spells cost 2-3 mana and I can block your dumb Bloodghasts and Ichorids pretty well as long as you don't hit 5 or 6 of them like game 1. My triple Ravager draw hosed your Bridges so that plan was a no-go and I'm not really sure what you could have done to fight through that. I definitely misplayed the one turn where I attacked and sacced the Ravager; I should have saved the damage and sacced on your draw step in case you hit another Bridge. Obviously getting in for lethal later when you would have been at 1 life otherwise was nice but that's just results based.

I don't think drawing an actual card was right but I don't know what you had. Even a Nature's Claim wouldn't have done anything with the Thorn out. You needed to have an Ingot Chewer, assuming you play them, and draw a rainbow land. Drawing a Bazaar was also an out but IIRC at least 2 were already in the bin so you were on like 6 outs assuming you had Big League Chew in hand. Bloodghast can't block so hitting a land to get them back obviously wasn't doing much because I was winning that race pretty handily.

Game 3 I kept Workshop, Tomb, Chalice, Legionaire, Sword, Factory, and Golem. If you hadn't mulliganed I'd have started turn 1 with the Chalice on 1 instead of the guy and then went for the turn 2 guy + Sword followed by the Golem on the following turn. I'm not sure if that's fast enough against a decent dredge draw but it's a really fast clock and if you don't hit a 2nd Bazaar you're stuck slow-dredging.

I think Frobots is actually not awful against Dredge. It's got Triskelion and Ravager to blow up Bridges and Batterskull and Wurmcoil to race your crappy fair creatures.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Soooo is it too late to sign up for this?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yes

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Is it round three soon?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
there are three matches left of which i know one

me vs wildfire1

my bracket thing poo poo the bed so i'm trying to get that resolved atm, if you haven't played please play thanks

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

black potus posted:

there are three matches left of which i know one

me vs wildfire1

my bracket thing poo poo the bed so i'm trying to get that resolved atm, if you haven't played please play thanks

I've been popping into irc a bunch, but haven't seen you gangsines. Haven't been able to hang around much though.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yeah i'm getting ready for a move so i haven't consistently been in there

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

black potus posted:

if you haven't played please play thanks

do it you jerks I want to play vintage!!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
actuyally wildfire1 we should schedule a time because i don't know how consistently i'll be in IRC when i can play

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I got to notion thief a griseldaddy, and then my opponent forgot about notion thief and gave me another 7 cards the next turn :v:

GG, I won 2-0 potus.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Magic sucks and I quit who wants to buy all my cards?

(GG's Van)

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
it's Elyv vs AgentSythe and me vs wildfire1

wildfire1 I can make time whenever after wednesday but i need to set it up in advance so I can actually be at my comp ! !

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

black potus posted:

it's Elyv vs AgentSythe and me vs wildfire1

wildfire1 I can make time whenever after wednesday but i need to set it up in advance so I can actually be at my comp ! !

Wednesday 9pm EST?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
sounds good will be in mount goon

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

elyv and I have been conversing in PMs. Shooting for tomorrow night

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
2-1, wildfire beats me in the game of real magic and i do vintage poo poo the other two games

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Beat agentsythe 2-0, I cast the spells that stopped him from casting the spells and then eventually won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I ambush viper'd a lodestone golem with pyromancer and ascendancy so I consider it a win for me

• Locked thread