Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ROUND THREe

suicidesteve (6 pts) vs Moogs (6 pts)
black potus (6 pts) vs GreyPowerVan (6 pts)
Death Bot (3 pts) vs L0cke17 (3 pts)
wildfire1 (3 pts) vs eSporks (3 pts)
Ciprian Maricon (3 pts) vs Elyv (3 pts)
AgentSythe (0 pts) vs Mince Pieface (0 pts)
Sigma-X (0 pts) vs --- Bye ---

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

black potus posted:

wildfire1 (3 pts) vs eSporks (3 pts)
I'm free most evenings and almost always in IRC when I am home.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

black potus posted:

ROUND THREe
black potus (6 pts) vs GreyPowerVan (6 pts)

what's your skype

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 29, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
gangsines

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

black potus posted:

ROUND THREe

suicidesteve (6 pts) vs Moogs (6 pts)

So I'm around this weekend nights EST and I'm not entirely sure when during the week. Probably before 930 PM most nights. I'll have my schedule tomorrow.

How many rounds is this anyway?

Edit:

black potus posted:

i'm going to print it out and read it on the can when i do a poo

btw did you ever do this?

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 30, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
should be four rounds. never did that because i have yet to poo

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

black potus posted:

ROUND THREe
Death Bot (3 pts) vs L0cke17 (3 pts)

I am available most evenings after working east coast working hours, and most of the weekend.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I should be home tonight around 8, Skype sadeathbot irc deathboat, let's game

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

AgentSythe when are you around so we can Do This

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Ciprian Maricon I'm on IRC just about every day after about 6:30 Pacific, find me there

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Death Bot posted:

I should be home tonight around 8, Skype sadeathbot irc deathboat, let's game

Thursdays are my LGS's legacy night so I was out all night. I'll try again tomorrow or sometime this weekend

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Deathbot annhilated me in 2-1. Although game 3 I boarded in extra lands, and mulled to 1 and got no mana sources, which happens.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mince Pieface posted:

AgentSythe when are you around so we can Do This

PM EST. i can be in mtgoon if that is the easiest way

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I'm back in the states put me in coach.

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Proceeds the Weedian... Nazareth

suicidesteve posted:

So I'm around this weekend nights EST and I'm not entirely sure when during the week. Probably before 930

Woops, just saw this! I can play tomorrow (Sunday), or Tuesday evening EST. Before 9:30?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

L0cke17 posted:

Deathbot annhilated me in 2-1. Although game 3 I boarded in extra lands, and mulled to 1 and got no mana sources, which happens.

You forced Thalia two games in a row :argh:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Death Bot posted:

You forced Thalia two games in a row :argh:

Thalia is Public Enemy #2, behind Gaddock Teeg for being most annoying for every deck I play in every format. Forcing it is a habit I can't break.

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

suicidesteve posted:

So I'm around this weekend nights EST and I'm not entirely sure when during the week. Probably before 930 PM most nights. I'll have my schedule tomorrow.

Hey man, any word?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Moogs posted:

Hey man, any word?

How about Thursday night?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

AgentSythe posted:

PM EST. i can be in mtgoon if that is the easiest way

I usually am not available except after 6pm PST (9pm for you). If you can play that late, We can try for tomorrow or Thursday ideally. You can try to find me on irc or on Steam as vparrotface.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mince Pieface posted:

I usually am not available except after 6pm PST (9pm for you). If you can play that late, We can try for tomorrow or Thursday ideally. You can try to find me on irc or on Steam as vparrotface.

yeah Thursday then is fine

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

You around? Let's do it!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

you're not in irc

e: I found him. I took it 2-0.

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 7, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

0/2, 2 games of mulling to 6 and not drawing any mana sources and losing to a single Sphere of Resistance.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
live by the shops...

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

live by the shops...

I lost game 1 to him rolling a 19 to my 18 and Chalicing me out of a turn 1 and 2 Golem with a Sword for a followup. Game 2 he still had Spheres in, which I wasn't expecting, which kept me from casting a turn 2 Batterskull, so I just kinda couldn't do anything after Wasteland and not ever drawing a land.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

owned

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
now i'm in denver so i can pay more attention to things !!

i need Elyv v Ciprian Maricon and eSporks v wildfire1. CM and wildfire please post by wednesday or i'm dropping you thanks

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

uuuuh drop me, life is too hard right now. Sorry!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
final swiss round pairings:

Moogs (9 pts) vs black potus (9 pts)
suicidesteve (6 pts) vs GreyPowerVan (6 pts)
Death Bot (6 pts) vs eSporks (6 pts)
Elyv (6 pts) vs Sigma-X (3 pts)
AgentSythe (3 pts) vs L0cke17 (3 pts)
Mince Pieface (0 pts) vs --- Bye ---

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Er, I'm on vacation for a week and a half. I have a computer but who knows when I'll be able to play? Tonight or tomorrow night EST might work. Is this thing top 8 or 4?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
top 4

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

black potus posted:

Death Bot (6 pts) vs eSporks (6 pts)
Hopefully we can make this easy. IRC, most evenings, available weekends.

Gangsines, the first few of these tournaments seemed to fire off pretty well, but lately its lots of no-shows and drops. I think it might be worth trying to just schedule an 8 man on a weekend or something and knocking it out in 1 day. That or possibly doing it as a league where everyone is required to play everyone and has 2 months to do it.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 21, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yeah especially with xmage supporting that now maybe there should just be a thread to coordinate 8 mans

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

black potus posted:

AgentSythe (3 pts) vs L0cke17 (3 pts)

I am kinda available in the evenings, but I'm about to start a new job and am driving from atlanta to new york then back in the next week or so, so if we can't play tonight or tomorrow night it may have to wait until next thursday.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

L0cke17 posted:

I am kinda available in the evenings, but I'm about to start a new job and am driving from atlanta to new york then back in the next week or so, so if we can't play tonight or tomorrow night it may have to wait until next thursday.

I was at legacy tonight and will probably be either drafting or modern tomorrow night so

welp

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I took is 2-1 vs Death Bot, I guess?

We had a very interesting G3. Turns out Yixlid jailer does almost nothing on X Mage. I got the prompt for dredge, so I figured why not? And it let me do it. Later on, it let a bridge from below trigger, but when the token trigger resolved I did not get them. It also let the exile trigger resolve, and that one worked? It doesn't stop bloodghast either. We also ran into a bug with Chain of Vapor and the copied spell doing nothing when it resolves. It was on a zombie token so we just pretended it did not exist any more. Later on I attacked the zombie token into a Thalia to right the wrong.
These bugs ended up not being relevant to the game and we played around them. I got some early chip damage in with a zombie and a bloodghast, and that ended up being enough for Death Bot to lose to his Bob.

It was a very weird game.
Death Bot, if you want a rematch of game 3, I still willing to do it. Let me know.

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

black potus posted:

final swiss round pairings:

Moogs (9 pts) vs black potus (9 pts)

Sorry, I just saw this! I haven't quite figured out Xmage yet... can we do Cockatrice? Tonight works for me... short notice...

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Moogs posted:

Sorry, I just saw this! I haven't quite figured out Xmage yet... can we do Cockatrice? Tonight works for me... short notice...

i dunno if i can do tonight but i can do cockatrice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im going to drop sorry.

• Locked thread