Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Crowe and Wiezbowski actually survived but no one is ready for that story yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

PeterCat posted:

The dropship would have made it if the Marines had practiced basic security instead of assuming that 2 pilots guarding their own aircraft was sufficient, and it's still very strange to me that they wouldn't have brought along enough crew to leave someone on board the Sulaco while the rest of them went down to the plane to investigate.

it was to save money because the company is greedy OP

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the company also sent heavily armed dog catchers with nets to capture the xenomorph in alien 3 lmao because they do not understand what kind of creature they are dealing with and it shows in every single movie thats the point

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 29, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the second squad is in the DS game aliens infestation which everyone should play

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
a single xenomorph is very deadly but many xenomorphs are stupid so the marines would have killed all the xenomorphs but one and that single super deadly xenomorph would have killed them all

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the company wants the xenomorph but they dont want to spend a lot of money to get it its very realistic

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
this was covered in the comic series aliens: genocide where red xenomorphs and black xenomorphs fought each other for domiance

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
aliens colonial marines retconned hicks into being alive and the games attempt to explain how he was still alive was so stupid that i couldnt bring myself to hate it lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
lol at walmart buying out weyland yutani being canon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
amazon would try to capture the xenomorph because they would be the perfect warehouse and fulfillment center workers once properly trained

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

BiggerBoat posted:

The subject of the old PS1 Alien Resurrection game came up in the Things Dragging This Game Down thread and it's so weird.

I bounced off that fucker hard because I couldn't master the control layout and now it's pretty much the standard for FPS games. Anyone ever given it a fair shot or finished it?

The game got decimated in the reviews because the controls were considered impossible but I remember it had pretty good graphics and atmosphere.

the controls are literally the exact same controls they use now for games lmao the reviewers were stupid.

"gamespot posted:

Fans of console first-person shooters or the Alien film series will probably be better off waiting for Fox's recently announced Aliens: Colonial Marines for the PlayStation 2. While no concrete details have been announced for the game yet, this is one instance where the unknown is preferable to the devil you know.

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 4, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
alien trilogy is the better alien game on the PS1 imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Spalec posted:

I played that game so goddamn much. No idea how it holds up though.

I still remember the cheat code to unlock godmode/infinite ammo (1GOTP1NK8C1DBOOTSON)

it doesnt compare to doom but it still holds up imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

PeterCat posted:

The dropship is basically a helicopter. It lands, drops off the Marines, and then takes off and goes into a holding pattern a safe distance away. Once the Marines have cleared the colony, the dropship comes in to land, probably refuel as I doubt it has an unlimited fuel supply, and give the pilots time to rest while the Marines investigate the power station.

This is pretty much how it works with helicopters, you land, drop off the passengers, go get gas, then land and shut down till it's time to go.

when is the alien supposed to sneak on the helicopter and kill the pilot

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the only person who believed ripley was burke and when he wasnt sabotaging the mission he wasnt taking it seriously either

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the xenomorphs brought in the construction equipment actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the xenomorphs put the sign there

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
some of the alien and predator comics really own

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
they should make everything canon imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That’s just tastelessness. While it’s important to include Event Horizon, you gotta draw a line and reject Alien: Resurrection.

they can make alien resurrection canon as long as they also make the pepsi commercial canon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Xenomrph posted:

It already is

Edit— I just unironically asked the author of the Alien RPG if he snuck in a reference to the Pepsi commercial (or plans to if he hasn’t yet). I will report back.

Edit again— he says he has no plans to include it in the RPG, I suggested he include it as a gag in the Feline Survival Guide April fools gag.

He did confirm that the goofy bug-eyes Ron Cobb original design for the Alien is going to make a cameo in the RPG though.

he should make the pepsi the drink of choice for xenomorphs everywhere

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
bishop was the only one qualified because he took the training course and the others didnt

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of Alien lifecycle stuff, the RTS game “AvP: Extinction” translates it into gameplay terms and it’s a lot of fun. There’s one mission where you start with a single facehugger and have to jump-start a hive from nothing, eventually overrunning a research facility and wiping it out. It’s a real stand-out mission.

this game was cool but should have been on PC with online multiplayer so you could use the sick end game units more

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 12, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

this kicks rear end

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
kenner aliens ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i dont think James Cameron actually plagiarized from Harlan Ellison

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the hunter has become the hunted and the predator must elude zaroff for three days or be killed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
predator predator 2 and predators are good movies imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
they should adapt bad blood into movie because bad blood owned and was a predator vs predator story done right and it owns

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 25, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the super predators were cool

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Xenomrph posted:

They even made action figures of those two Emissary Predators wearing fatigues and holding human weapons, just cuz.

Their heads have interesting, unconventional shapes. I think the logic was that if human heads/faces have different shapes and sizes across the species, it can be inferred that Predators are different, too.

https://youtu.be/4N58PkPAQzA

they should have went with this because it would have been less boring and stupid than what we got

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
freddy vs predator vs jason

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the best part of predator 2 is the over the top street gangs imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MrMojok posted:

If you’ve ever walked into a place that has a bad roach infestation, they have an odor when they are present in mass numbers. It’s an ugly, oily kind of smell.

I always assumed the aliens must smell something like that, which is nauseating. I mean, they are huge, chitinous creatures that drool constantly. The stench inside a nest must be unfathomable.

But what do preds smell like?

like a sweaty deer hunter OP

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
or maybe some kind of shellfish smell

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i wish the predator and the native americans were friends