Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

centaurtainment posted:

Honestly the only thing I remember about that movie is the great abortion scene. Otherwise it was very "meh" and wholly unnecessary.
Prometheus is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

LOL Blomkamp's alien is canned and we now get Alien: Paradise Lost. Sequel to a lovely lovely movie.
It's actually a sequel to a really really good movie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

my bony fealty posted:

Hey what's the thread consensus on Convenant? I thought it was atrocious overall (oh my god the cgi not-chestbursters and the fight scenes urghhh) but did like the David and Walter scenes. Flute scene undoubtedly best scene in movie.

I liked Prometheus too. Had some of the same problems and plenty all its own but was actually interesting and about as original as a big budget SF film's ever going to be.

I just watched it last weekend and I thought it was Very Good though not quite as good/interesting as Prometheus

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Both Prometheus and Covenant are some drat win imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Invalid Validation posted:

Wish they would have spent more time with the engineers instead of killing them offscreen.

Hey a ton of them got killed onscreen in Covenant

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

I think they need to get back to basics with this franchise. The entire canon is getting really convoluted and not much of it is helping from the standpoint of making good films. Also, I need another video game. Isolation 2 or something. Anything.

Just ignore the canon and enjoy the films as separate entities

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hodgepodge posted:

They're aimed as the sort of person who looks for inaccuracies in scientific trivia (like "millions of miles" in Prometheus).

This one seems to have went over most of their heads, though, since I haven't seen anyone complain about it. Or through their heads without interacting, I guess.

Or maybe nobody cares

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Patterns can be unintentional

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

The artists also said that a scarier interpretation is that David used Engineer tech to continually heal and revive Shaw so that he could torture her over and over, so the artwork is depicting things he actually did. :stonk:

drat that's some I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The ending to Life was so dumb and cheesy it made me retroactively hate the whole movie