Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

zVxTeflon posted:

I think the ending of Aliens is a little too happy for the character/series to end on. Two encounters with the scariest and deadliest creature in cinema and her life ends up way better than if the Nostromo just went straight home. A new start over daughter to replace the one she never saw/had time for (who by the way lived happily to 98 or w/e) and she gets a husband! The suicide downbeat ending of 3 is much more satisfying to me. Her life is over but she gets to go out with her middle finger up to the company, making sure this thing never gets to terrorize anyone ever again.

The soundtrack is also top notch

That's just the tone of Aliens, though. It's more of an intense action-adventure film than a horror film. Like, right before that ending, Ripley wrestles the Alien Queen with a giant mech suit, complete with an action-movie one-liner "get away from her you bitch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Could anyone here maybe provide a decontextualized Cliff's Notes version of the Spathis script? I've never be able to bring myself to read the whole thing, but am morbidly curious.

David learns to think in trinary code (that's how they describe it) and becomes a very overtly antagonistic villain instead of the ambiguous sad trickster genie, also lots of fan fictiony encounters with aliens. I mostly just remember it being bad, retreading the alien canon a lot more, and being not nearly as imaginative as Prometheus.

Periodiko fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 10, 2017