Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So what are some match-ups you want to see booked for BOLA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Just tournament matches, or are we talking non-tourney tags too? I really, really hope Pentagon Jr./Zack Sabre Jr. happens at some point.

First round matches

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I'm not sure if the Lucha Underground guys can speak much English. That would make it very tough for them to plan out matches with everyone else.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Given that they all work with English-speaking workers all the time in LU, and that like half of them are native or near-native English speakers anyways, I wouldn't be too worried.

Give me an example of an amazing match with a lucha guy vs an American that isn't in AAA.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Rey Mysterio vs. literally anyone he ever wrestled in this country. Also, these are hilariously narrow rules, Japanese wrestlers who probably barely speak any English have 4+ star matches with MGKA, AJ, Ricochet, etc. all the loving time.

The thing is, Rey Mysterio can speak English. Aero Star, Drago and Pentagon Jr. cannot.

Working out super fast-paced Lucha spots is much different than working a much slower Puro style. Also, the Dragon Gate guys can speak English.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Did any of you guys buy an extra ticket for Meltzer?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

So did anybody buy an extra seat for Meltzer?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

BOLA is in two weeks! What are the plans? Are we meeting up at the Tar Pits?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Instead of going to LACMA, I think we should do one of those Escape Rooms instead.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 15, 2015

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

oatgan posted:

there's one spot in the room left and I dunno how many of you need rides but we're going to have to take two cars anyway and since someone just asked for a ride i only have one (comfortable) seat left in mine

Dang it, Oatgan! I wish you hadn't already reserved spots for that location. I was going to suggest Room Escape Adventures because it can fit more people and I was going to bring some special guests.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

oatgan posted:

there's one spot in the room left and I dunno how many of you need rides but we're going to have to take two cars anyway and since someone just asked for a ride i only have one (comfortable) seat left in mine

Is that ticket still available?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I'll take it.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Are you guys ready for BOLA?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

We are all at the mercy of Legion Larry. He loves the heat because his cold heart evens out his body temperature.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Don't worry guys. It'll cool down around 8pm.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

oatgan posted:

what the heck do I do until showtime plz help

Go to the Sherman Oaks Galleria and watch a movie at the ArcLight.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

oatgan posted:

Lucha tag blew the roof off and everyone threw money in the ring

The money being thrown into the ring was started by a few friends of the wrestlers and the rest of the crowd followed like sheep. It was pretty ingenious actually.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

rovert posted:

That wasn't the scoop. Excalibur vs Super Dragon was meant to happen.

I can tell you with certainly that match was never the plan.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

rovert posted:

Not true. I was told back in June or so. Told no one. This guy somehow knew independently that it was the plan:
https://twitter.com/TheRDouble/status/638036112821383168

Excalibur isn't Pentagon Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Dr. Baker posted:

Anyway, does anyone want to make a spotify Playlist of all the entrance songs from BOLA?

Someone made this before the event. It might help you out.

• Locked thread