Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vookatos
May 2, 2013
So, I just beat this game (not 100% yet) and I think I like it more than Island simply because you don't have to 100% a level every time you missed something. Also transformations are better implemented and easier to control, and overall aesthetic is nicer, in my opinion. Probably the only things that I disliked were invisible clouds and the final boss. Well, with the final boss, it's hard to top Island, but after the amazing final level I expected more than a retread of Island Baby Bowser with a few new attacks :(
There was only one level I disliked and don't want to come back to it. Spoilers if you care about level gimmicks. Magic Carpet level was hard to control, full of big open areas, and it annoyed the poo poo out of me. Other than that - all levels were just fantastic! Some of them were actually really hard, and I enjoyed the fact that game had no lives. I hope other Nintendo platformers will follow that. Also every time you die, music just continues, kinda like Meat Boy, which is neat!
Also, late game spoiler. I'm now trying to beat Wonderful World of Wool and one of the sections is literally Poochy Ain't Stupid :allears:
Overall, it's a sequel to Yoshi's Island that doesn't feel like a ROMhack, and I feel really sorry that some people will have to wait for October to play it, because it is loving amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread