Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Do you have leftover pizza? Are you afraid to eat it because it will suck so bad? Try this method to make it not taste lovely:

-Put a pan on medium heat with nothing in it. That's right nothing at all
-When the pan warms up, put your pizza in the pan face up
-Cover the pizza with a pie plate or a dome of aluminum foil if you're feeling fancy
-Set a timer for 5 minutes
-Eat your delicious crispy on the bottom melty on the top reanimated pizza

Post results in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Sounds like some decent tips, I only have one question though:

Does this work with Pineapple Pizza?

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
It works with any pizza! Unless the pizza is too thick. Then it might get burnt before the top gets hot. But thick pizza is for suckaz.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

Libelous Slander posted:

In my country, we call that "Pizza Hawaii" (actually, it's pizza with ham and pineapple)

In my house, it's what I will serve when I want to get rid of my current boyfriend without any words.

btw, great pizza reheat tip, I must admit my first idea would be to use the microwave, and that's obviously not the way to go.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Friends don't let friends put pineapple on pizza.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
Use a cast iron pan.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Why not? It's good! You should give it a try friend :)

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Libelous Slander posted:

pineapple pizza is also really good cold(and if you're hungover even better)

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

MasterFugu posted:

pineapple pizza is also really good cold(and if you're hungover even better)

I dislike the texture and flavor of most cold pizza, the cheese specifically. When i dated a girl who hated pineapple, i got used to putting cold pineapple on hot pizza, which was a very nice combination

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Reheat pizza in the microwave. Of course, pizza is best when it's fresh, but microwaved pizza has a charm of its own. That's the experience you want, it's the reason you always buy slightly too much pizza for dinner, it's how breakfast pizza is supposed to be. Don't pretend it's something it's not. It's reheated pizza. It's not fancy. You put it in the microwave for a minute and eat it.

That said, there are no pizza rules you goddamn pizza hitlers.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
microwaved pizza is essentially satan's dick cheese

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I love you Wiggles.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

im full of poo poo posted:

microwaved pizza is essentially satan's dick cheese

Correct term would be 'the Devils smegma'?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Do you have leftover pizza? Are you afraid to eat it because it will suck so bad? Try this method to make it not taste lovely:

-Put a pan on medium heat with nothing in it. That's right nothing at all
-When the pan warms up, put your pizza in the pan face up
-Cover the pizza with a pie plate or a dome of aluminum foil if you're feeling fancy
-Set a timer for 5 minutes
-Eat your delicious crispy on the bottom melty on the top reanimated pizza

Post results in this thread

Alton Brown did this in a Good Eats episode, but for the life of me I don't remember which one.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I kinda dig the whole microwaved pizza texture the next day. It must be because I'm a bad person :ohdear:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's a good way to reheat pizza, but I just usually throw mine in a toaster oven for much the same effect. Do people just not have toaster ovens? It takes about the same time to cook as putting it in a microwave.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

That's a good way to reheat pizza, but I just usually throw mine in a toaster oven for much the same effect. Do people just not have toaster ovens? It takes about the same time to cook as putting it in a microwave.

I also use the toaster oven to reheat my pizza, but only when I don't mind waiting 10 minutes. It takes way longer than a microwave.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

The Midniter posted:

I also use the toaster oven to reheat my pizza, but only when I don't mind waiting 10 minutes. It takes way longer than a microwave.

You've got a lovely toaster oven then. mine takes like 5 minutes usually.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I just munch on a Louisiana-drenched cold slice while waiting for the one in the toaster oven to heat up. Or two. Or two each.

gently caress yeah, pizza :buddy:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Your Geoge Foreman Grill Panini Toaster is also a useful tool for reheating pizza. Caramelizes the cheese and toasts the bread adding an extra layer of milliard to a nicely warmed pizza. It's good. Not as good as cold pizza. But better than reheated pizza.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Reheating pizza in a toaster oven is okay but you don't get the crispy-on-the-bottom melty-on-the-top perfect combo of heat and texture

Toaster oven people just try it once and I'm sure you will see it is superior

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!
It's better than a microwave.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
My stove, or my pan, my pizza, or I am defective and can never pull this off on my occasional attempts. What does work, however, is a middle ground between The Bad Way and The True Way: Microwave the pizza for 10-20 seconds to get it slightly warmed, then 2 minutes covered in the pan to crisp up.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

exquisite tea posted:

this is my method. Sometimes I throw on extra toppings before toasting it, even. it's like a whole new pizza! I've tried the pan method but I feel like it takes just as long to heat up the pan as to just toast the thing (I have a poo poo electric range)

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I just put mine in the actual oven. If you're not doing a lot of it you can just put it into the cold oven and turn the oven on and when it's finished preheating the pizza will be good.

Maybe I'll try the pan way, I'm curious. Oven is pretty good though. I've never cared for what the microwave does for pizza.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Do you have leftover pizza? Are you afraid to eat it because it will suck so bad?
what the poo poo

this concept is completely alien to me

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
No, no, no, what you need to do is vacuum-seal your leftover pizza then drop it in a 65 C water bath for two hours, and finish with a MAPP torch.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Just lol if you don't separate the components of your pizza and re-serve as aspic with a marinara foam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Just like when I find out someone doesn't like cilantro, I mostly feel pity for people who don't enjoy cold pizza.

• Locked thread