Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Where the gently caress do I delete radio stations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

mattfl posted:

If I have itunes match already, should I subscribe to this and get rid of match or what?

I've read conflicting reports so I have no idea. I'm guessing we'll get a definite yes/no soon.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Super Dude posted:

How does the Match thing built into Apple Music work? I added some Beatles music to my iTunes library, but they aren't showing up in my music on my phone. Do I need to turn some settings on?

Try File-->Library-->Update iCloud Library.

Also I noticed that iTunes Match doesn't show up at all in iTunes for me since I turned on the Apple Music stuff. I guess it is indeed a 100% replacement.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

carry on then posted:

Anyone else have Beats 1 stop working and give error code 12880 when trying to start on iOS 8.4? (On iTunes 12.2 it just tries to start for a second then silently fails.)

That's the servers getting hammered.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Question Mark Mound posted:

There was some confusion about this before launch - does uploading your personal library to Apple Music eat up iCloud storage? I don't see myself ever using it but it never hurts to do it I guess.

I just looked at my storage and music isn't listed anywhere. That's one of the things your ten bucks goes towards.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I think the add button is to put it in your library and the heart button tags it as a song you like for the purposes of figuring out poo poo you like algorithms and recommended playlists.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

So here's some weirdness with the music selection:

If you go to Heart, and go to any of their greatest hits albums, songs like Magic Man, Crazy On You, Heartless, etc. are all greyed out and unavailable. But if you go to the albums those songs were originally on, they're all available there.

I think there's still some weird server side poo poo going on. One of the recommended playlists for me has a song that's greyed out and unplayable. All the tracks were being streamed from Apple Music so it makes zero sense to block a song they suggested.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Anyone know where I can get 3 hour EDM remixes of Extraterrestrial Skolexomorphic Infestation?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

They tried that and literally nobody used it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Porkchop Express posted:

This is a great service and all, but I will be goddamned if I can figure out how to share my family plan with someone else. I signed up for the family plan on my phone, but when I add my girlfriend to my shared family account, and then she tries to login to Apple Music on her phone, it tells her to start a trial. How the gently caress do I share the subscription with her?

Start that trial process on her phone. It will then say, "Oh hey you've been invited to use this dude's family sharing thing."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Their website says fall I think. My guess is whenever iOS 9 drops.

Also, are the radio stations down for anyone else? Beats 1 loads but the other stations on that page (pop, country, rock, etc) error out immediately.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

My only real gripe with Music so far is that for some dumb reason playlists curated by Apple Music list songs that are greyed out and unplayable. Why the gently caress would they add a song to a playlist I can't play? I get running into unplayable songs if you pull up a full album because of rights, but this I don't get .

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

super fart shooter posted:

So have they done away with library sharing? I mean the thing so that theoretically you can access your desktop computer's itunes library from an ios device if they're on the same wifi network. I can't find the option anywhere in the new ios music. (Not that it makes much difference since the poo poo never worked for me anyway, but I'm wondering if it's actually officially dead and buried)

This is apparently a thing Apple knows about. I'm not sure if it's a music rights thing because of the streaming or a technical thing they couldn't get ready in time. iOS 8.4.1 perhaps?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Dr. Dre's show is on right now if anyone cares.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The new episode of St. Vincent is pretty good. Country themed but all good selections.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

A lot of the good stuff is hidden away

I love the Apple Music service, but this sums it up pretty well. Lots of realllllllly good stuff. Great curated playlists, some great live shows, awesome music recommendations. But it's all just so convoluted to find what you want sometimes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

For me, Apple Music is great. The recommended playlists are great and I'm constantly finding great lists with genres and eras that I like. If I want comfort music and listen to stuff I have heard before, it's easy to do.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What should happen is when she goes to sign up for a single plan, it should prompt with "hey you're setup for a family plan" and it should work.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

tuyop posted:

Yeah, she's getting the screen that asks if you want to buy a single or family plan, nothing about already having an account appears.

Pick one and see what happens. At some point in the process it will say it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That's how family sharing works. Easiest solution is to buy iTunes gift cards and redeem them on your account so when you make purchases it pulls the funds from that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

the panacea posted:

yess!

So is there any point in having Match while also subscribing to Music?

There's probably some smaller differences, but the big one is that the tracks you download to devices via Music have DRM but the ones downloaded via Match are DRM free.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I should have read that link. I guess now there is no reason to subscribe to Match if you have Music.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

MrBond posted:

There's a 12 month subscription card for $99 for a sneaky normal discount. I don't know if it's actually a $120 credit behind the scenes or if the store properly handles month credits.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-12-months-apple-music-subscription/5308600.p?id=bb5308600&skuId=5308600

Edit: oh apparently it's really a $120 credit.

So this is really a $120 iTunes gift card that sells for $99?

That's actually a pretty good discount.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The Modern Leper posted:

Be careful--there was a similar sale earlier, and it's exclusively for Apple Music. It's not a general store credit.

"iTunes® Terms and Conditions
Valid only on purchases made in the U.S. from the U.S. iTunes Store or towards an Apple Music subscription. Use requires an active iTunes account & prior acceptance of license & usage terms."

So it looks like I can use you can use it for purchases from iTunes (music, tv, movies) but not the App store or any sort of iCloud services.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Woah hang on, they now have an easy way to make a playlist out of the songs played on a radio show? Or do you mean adding the show to your library as one "song"?

When you go to the page for the show you can choose individual episodes, like the whole episode or you can just listen to the playlist of songs for that episode.

• Locked thread