Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
wormhole potion owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
grabbing a water bolt is probably the way to go

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
block destruction in invasions would be fine with an npc or tool or something that automatically replaced blocks destroyed by enemies, i think

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Mailer posted:

Destructible real estate ruins it for people wanting Vanity Housing Simulator. If you find that boring and are just down with fortress building and sieges... then all the sieges cost you is time spent in the boring process of rebuilding. I don't see who wins here.

not if there were an npc or tool or something that automatically replaced blocks destroyed by enemies, i think

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
ideally, the hypothetical goblin catapult or whatever would just remove things from the world for a while and then the hypothetical automatic rebuilder would get to work after the hypothetical goblin siege ended, all without spewing a thousand grey bricks everywhere or requiring the player to feed a thousand grey bricks into a hopper one by one

coupling freeform building with automatic repair would open up a lot of cool new possibilities for enemies, friendly npcs, placed objects, and invasions, imo. there may not be room for it in terraria, since it's pretty much complete, but it would be cool to see in the inevitable terraria 2 or in another entry in the "stack dirt cubes / swing swords at skeletons" genre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
ignore the pumpkin/frost moons for now and come back with martian invasion gear or even lunar event/moonlord gear, imo