Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Free money? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

Yoyos are this update.
Not sure how they're different than flails
There's some accessories specific to yoyos, though, you can craft a string that extends its length for instance.
They're superficially similar, but handle a lot different. As long as you hold the button down (up to five seconds or so?) the yo-yo will stay out and do damage and knock back/hitstun whatever its touching, and it will hold its position in the air or follow along walls and the floor as you move. They're also a lot smaller, which means they're a little harder to hit with but can fit through one-block gaps in walls just fine. The accessories ramp them up a fair bit too... ones I've seen are a string that increases the range, counterweights that cause another yo-yo to pop out and flail about you after hitting something, and (in hardcore) a glove that fires two yo-yos simultaneously. Which can all three be combined into a single accessory that improves on them all and basically results in what can best be described as yo-yo bullet hell. :allears: They appear to be the melee answer to how ranged weapons tend to be so much more useful, especially lategame.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So, what the hell. The map no longer works in my copy of terraria. No minimap, can't open the main map, changing the key bindings doesn't do anything, and it's the same for both single player and multiplayer. Anyone else run into something like this? And how the hell do you fix it? It was working fine yesterday. :psyduck:

EDIT: Oh never mind I'm an idiot. It somehow got set to disabled from the main menu setting, and I only kept checking it in-game. Still have no idea how that got flipped since I never changed it to disabled to begin with, but hey. :downs:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 1, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Good lord, do turtles even still drop turtle shells? I've killed over 30 of the bastards without a single one dropping.
Yeah, but they're way rarer than they used to be. Which makes sense I guess, you only ever need three total.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

It's really easy.
Yeah it's nothing like the bullshit you have to do in Minecraft or something like that. It's basically just connecting wire from a pressure pad/switch/whatever to your teleporter/door/trap, boom done.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Go deeper. It seems like the second two ore tiers are more common the farther down you go. Fastest way is to probably head down to hell and grapple/fly across the ceiling looking for ores there.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

For the record, the color of the stardust armor's stand is changed by whatever dye you've put into your non-combat pet's dye slot. Which is hilarious with rainbow dye or one of the other garish colors. :v:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Farg posted:

pls you gotba help me
There's a known bug where steam cloud fucks up controller config since it changed behind the scenes in 1.4 and it keeps trying to load the old version. Disable steam cloud for terraria, load terraria as admin and set your config how you like, and should be good to go after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It's kind of like if you flip 5 tails in a row, you're bound to get a heads next because of probabilities.
:thunk: