Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

President Ark posted:

The only one that I'd say is really essential are the vampire knives.

The Rainbow Gun is very good during invasions, put one behind you and it'll keep your back safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

Tamayachi posted:

R.E. Missing weapons chat: I've been finding for absolutely no reason my Yo-yo that I keep on hotbar number 1 will randomly just pop off and drop on the ground without me noticing, so I'll have to retrace my steps to find it. So far it's happened two or three times but I have no idea what causes it, since I know for a fact I wasn't fighting anything when my dude just chucked it on the ground.

For some reason, there is a Drop key, and it is bound to T. I don't understand the point of either of these things. Maybe you hit it?

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
I have an old world that I still use for storage of all my stuff because moving it all would be a pain, but I want to get all the NPCs on it. Unfortunately, it predates spider nests, so I can't find a stylist.. Is it possible to artificially create spider nests (either in-game or through a map editor)?

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
quote != edit

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
It's lame and you shouldn't have to do it (fishing quests shouldn't be time limited), but assuming nothing got changed in the patch you can set up a server with terrariaserver.exe in the terraria folder, when opens up the server console and a server you can connect to (join via IP, I think localhost works? I'm not at my computer to check). The server console has time changing commands: dawn, noon, dusk, midnight. Unfortunately, 'dawn' doesn't change the "date" and doesn't reset the quest, so the closest time you can set the clock to is midnight and then wait for dawn. If you're quick enough you can catch a the fish between then and morning (you've got about 4-5 minutes), otherwise do the quest first, set time to midnight, and wait.

It sucks that this is the best way to grind fishing quests, but that's how it is.

E:f,b