Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Is there a good map editor for 1.3? I tried TEdit 3.5 but it keeps giving me an error when I try to open any existing world.

This version worked for me: http://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/3cjurf/tedit_for_13_has_been_experimentally_released/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Lakitu7 posted:

You could always run a tshock server and connect to it by yourself, as admin, then alter time/events at your whim. Supposedly there's a version for 1.3 out now.

Or just use this: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-3-0-4-terrariapatcher-v1-1-0-9-plugins-and-more.116592/

Comes with a bunch of nifty plugins. For instance you can set the time of day by pressing , or .

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Torches take up a space space, not a wall space, you're likely at the very minimum for enough room, and putting a torch down puts you over.

Make them identical identical and not just "identical" identical

VV I was kinda just saying make them actually identical. I used to do that too, make rooms that were the exact same - actually the exact same as you have them - but then put in extra stuff and wonder why they weren't working.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 8, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yeah I turned that one off almost immediately.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Even Yharon get's pretty trivial at the end of this modpack:
https://gfycat.com/MinorBareGiraffe
Spoilers!

I don't think there's much more content you can add to the game when you can hit 100k dps

Garfu fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 29, 2017

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yeah I guess that mod helps

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

What's the name of the mod? Is this Ivysaur's leveling system?
E: Ah, Experience and Classes, I see.

Yeah sorry I couldn't think of it and I wasn't at my computer. It definitely adds a lot of damage. I guess my point was when you start piling mods on the content starts to get kind of trivial which isn't really a problem, game's still fun.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ashsaber posted:

What mod are you using to get so many more accessory slots? There are so many good ones to play with, but so little space...

The Cheat Sheet menu (the menu on the bottom) lets you add up to 6 slots, among other things like increasing the spawn rate (I just did a playthrough on 3x spawns). It's a good tool to have even when you're not using it to actually cheat.

One of the various .exe patchers will let your vanity accessory slots count as actual accessories.

So yeah, having all of those accessory slots make's it easy (and fun) too. I'm just glad there was hard content added after moonlord for all of the bloat the mod combinations add.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

grimcreaper posted:

What patcher did you use? Ive never even heard of them.

This is my favorite one:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-terrariapatcher-plugins-and-more-works-with-tmodloader-now.24615/
Since it has a bunch of other plugins like /time and you can just press C to bring up a more simple guide thing rather than the cheat sheet recipe browser.

You need to patch a fresh tMod terraria.exe though so be careful when using this. Like you can't patch and then patch the same exe again if you want to change something. It does an autobackup of the original terraria.exe but it can get confusing.

I'd suggest unchecking all of the cheaty stuff like 'Remove Potion Sickness Debuff' and 'Remove Mana Cost' and any other ones like that. It makes the game pretty dumb. I just use 'Functional Social Slots' and some of the plugins.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 30, 2017

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ashsaber posted:

I'm just going to disable prefixes for enemies from my list. Its a nice mod and all, giving enemies more varieties and all, but maybe it shouldn't be enabled for bosses. Like The Enduring Adaptive Jungle Dragon I just fought, who have 90% defense against my attacks 90% of the time, but only 20% defense more than usual the res of the time.

On the upside I got like ten levels from beating it, though no loot at all.

Yes I did the same thing as soon as I figured out why I kept instantly dying to Moon Lord every time I hit him.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yep happened to me too. I just ignored the event but it would be neat to find out what was causing it to not work.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

That run was unseeded, that's why it's amazing.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Fun fact: that time Blue got in a ton of poo poo for viral marketing on 4chan 8 years ago... that was me.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

No ugh god I'm not Blue. I mean he got a lot of hate from the internet for attempting to viral market Terraria on 4chan.

I just mean he didn't actually make the post. I made a genuine post saying hey check out this new game it looks neat, and it was the first time it was posted there (I don't frequent 4chan I have no idea why I posted it there at the time). And then there was a lot of blowback apparently.

I just remember at the time he was getting a lot of hate everywhere for doing that. Nothing special, just a funny tidbit.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

He mentioned during his revenge run you also can't spawn the cultists during the first day, so he was doomed from the start in that world.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

DoubleNegative posted:

Right now the game is really stuttery. I grabbed about 32 different quality of life mods and set out to go on a Journey Mode rampage and the game's straight up unplayable. Approximately every 1.5 seconds, the game pauses for a split second. And it's extremely consistent with the timing.

I'm hoping that it's the mods I have installed, so I'd advise giving them some time to update to the latest version.

fwiw I'm playing with about 40 QoL and content mods and everything works as normal with stable fps. So yeah maybe it's one of the mods specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Zereth posted:

That's the one that turned potions into passive items that work in your inventory right? I saw a "potion charms" mod which seemed similar. I think it hasn't been updated in a couple weeks, though so it wont' work right now.

Also it is irritating how the mod browser has to completely reload itself every time you download a mod. EDIT: and the installed mods list when you go to the configuration options for a mod. :negative: edit edit: wait, it saves your position when changing configs, but only if you actually changed something: huh.

The mod browser just pulls from the steam workshop now for 1.4 which is incredible. Just use your web browser and forget the ingame browser: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=1281930&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems