Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god drat the final boss looks cool. This game started as two dudes dicking around in an oversized, empty wooden house, fighting off zombies. It ends as a laser war against UFOs, cultists, and that thing.

My Terraria world is apparently Texas because it won't stop raining! Also the overworld is actually dangerous now! I tried my usual 'walk to the ocean' trip after spawning in and the desert kicked my rear end. Those dragonfly things are no joke! Neither are Granite Elementals, who can apparently phase through solid objects. Get outta here, this isn't hard mode, I don't wanna deal with that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm not playing on expert mode but I am noticing WAY more explosives traps underground than I'm used to seeing.

I was down near Hell and saw what looked like a weird little altar. I went over and right clicked on it for some god drat reason. It left a crater the size of basically my entire game screen.

Speaking of mean things, Medusa can go right to hell. Does it matter if you're facing away from one or not? I was trying to do sick yo-yo tricks on her dumb snake head and she kept turning me to stone.

I also ran into some really cool block that you can't collect. I was walking over a frozen pond underground... and the frozen bit turned into a giant icy area. It was quick to break, but it just shattered instead of going into my inventory. Oddly, a dart trap and some TNT were hiding down in it with no apparent way to trigger either.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So the thing where you use those not-redstone pumps to duplicate liquids is gone now? That's a bummer, I liked having those around. Really helped in making lava defense systems not take an age to create.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
For all the quality of life improvements there've been, fishing is still dumb because you have to hunt down bait manually. The Dryad sells acorns so you don't have to wait to get them from trees. I'd fish more and actually do the Angler's quest if he at least sold Worms to use. I'd rather be doing anything than hunting Worms during a rainstorm.

That said, dude at least gave me the Fish Hook for doing my first quest. It might be the dumbest grappling hook in the game and I love it.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What's the best way to kill the Lunatic Cultist? Because Beetle Armor with a Chlorophyte-firing Megashark ain't cuttin' it. Should I farm up some magic weapon and roll back to Spectre? Or should I just go make/farm a better gun and stick with Chlorophyte bullets since the bastard's offscreen for 90% of the battle and my attempts with non-homing ammo have lasted even less time. Would the Magnet Sphere even be useful with how much the guy warps around? I've got an Inferno Fork, but he won't sit still long enough for me to get any decent damage with it.

Also, what stops him from summoning? Sometimes I've hit one of the fakes and that stops it, but most of the time it doesn't. Sometimes hitting him stops it immediately, but there've also been times where I just sit there firing jungle bullets into his dick and the summon completes. Obviously keeping him from bringing in extra things to hit me is key to being able to stop him, I just don't know how. All of that stuff was done with just the gun, so it's not like I'm doing more or less damage each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I grind out achievements and trophies and even I'm not masochistic enough to try soloing Expert bosses. The regular ones are enough of a shitshow. I finally beat the Cultist through the use of a Frost Turtle Shell and the Worm Scarf. I basically just sat in place and Yo-Yo'd him to death.

I want to see a Hardcore Expert Solo run of this game. I'm not sure it's possible. Like I beat one tower and I could make a little dragon dude and a little... donut thing. And they're both neat. I beat another and I made what seems to just be Earthworm Jim's gun for how inaccurate the spray is. But I died a whole bunch! Especially on the fire tower! Because that invincible worm monster bites your ghoulies any time you're not on the ground, which you can't be because there are enemies that phase through solid terrain!

And then the Moon Lord spawned. I thought I was doing okay, given I had no idea what the hell was happening. I beat the eyes in both hands and almost got the one in his head down. But I saw the chest was named, so I guess that opens up once all three eyes are killed? Found out about the warp-chasing feature that comes built-in standard on the fucker.

If you don't have a runway that spans the entire world, your campfires get shut down, and you can't even warp to your Nurse to top off, the gently caress are you supposed to do to stay alive? And if I'm reading it right, I have to go through the Cultist -> Towers process to re-fight him? And the only way to get around that is an item that costs 20 of each tower drop that you'll want to use for stuff that actually gives you a slight edge?

Terraria 1.3: Take a Deep Breath and Wait For TEdit to Update.