Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
So let's say I wanted to be truly a douche, and rig some sort of system on the spawn that traps the player inside. How could you go about doing that? Some sort of dynamite rig, maybe actuated walls of a level higher than their pickaxe?

Don't judge me they deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You could also do a "hoik", like this:

The first pressure plate de-actuates the angled blocks. Getting stuck "inside" an angled block will magically shove the player to the side, which is why this works. The second pressure plate is just to actuate them again so it's ready for the next respawn.

The respawn point is right under that stone arrow, so a respawning player will fall into the pit and get shoved into my worthless dirt box. (You probably want to use something harder than dirt).

It has to be below the spawn, since anything that collides with the player when they respawn gets destroyed.

So if I were to fill that area with lava? I believe we have a winner.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

lordfrikk posted:

It's fun if there's a linear progression. It's even more fun if you can break it half when you know where to go and what to do.

Kinda like Zelda or Metroid?

yeaaaah

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Verviticus posted:

hes probably trying to do what i did which is skip the annoying part of the game by getting spelunker potions first

Looking back, this would probably be my number 1 piece of advice. Farm the hell out of spleunker potions.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Dr Snofeld posted:

I'm playing with a friend of mine and I'm having terrible (what I assume are) latency issues. My game will lag out for up to and over 30 seconds and then catch up all at once. I'll break blocks but no items will drop until I "catch up" with my friend, who is hosting. Granted we're on opposite sides of the Atlantic but this is a bit beyond the pale. Is this a know issue with the game or do you think it's a problem with my connection?

I'm having the same problem with a friend who I normally have no difficulties with. Goons?

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Any tips on the Frost Moon event? Even with endgame gear and all the buffs I'm having trouble reaching wave 15. I can max out the pumpkin moon easily, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Just don't worry about it. You'll get the clentaminator soon enough, and that can mass convert everything. I've taken a couple worlds into hardmode and never had any major problems.