Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

DoubleNegative posted:

Do not play singleplayer Terraria on a Large world!

gently caress you, i wont do what you tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the menus are so nice now

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the night is loving DARK, I love it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao the achievement for building a house for an NPC to live in is "No Hobo"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah he drops an item that you consume to gain an accessory slot, highly recommended

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I figured the slime rain + goblin invasion at the same time was pretty bad but when the blood moon joined in, it definitely didn't help

expert mode owns

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Supremezero posted:

This doesn't actually work anymore, unfortunately. They apparently had to fix it in order to make the more realistic liquid flow they added to 1.3 work.

I got the triangular one with spaces between each block to work for a short while but then it suddenly stopped working for some reason.

Filled up half a lake and then stopped producing water no matter how many times I reset it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It will carry you through to early Hard Mode but you're going to want to replace it quickly. If you're playing expert mode, you're probably not going to get as much mileage out of it as you did before.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

being able to replace a wall just by slapping another wall right on top of it loving rules

is that new to 1.3?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tin Tim posted:

Elaborate pls. I'm a filthy casual

When a water tile is next to a half-block, or if water ends just before a drop-off, it creates a little waterfall of whatever liquid type/color the water is made of. You'll see these all the time underground. They're just decoration, they won't hurt you. You won't drown in them, and the lava ones won't burn you.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Verviticus posted:

so i have a map with multiple crimson biomes, but under my pyramid is a small little bubble of corrupt grass. no corrupt dirt, stone or blocks... just grass. A: am i still going to get crimson on hardmode and B: can i use this to somehow make a cool combined crimson/corruption biome or something? is this little bubble going to infect after hardmode if i leave it alone?

It'll probably start spreading faster but make sure it doesn't get overwritten by the beam of crimson that'll shoot out from the center of the map. If crimson is your primary evil biome, you're still going to get crimson.

Also yeah you can make a cool combo-biome. For less materials than you probably think you need.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah if you didn't plant it there, it's probably not corruption. I don't think there's any way to get corruption on a crimson world or crimson on a corrupt world naturally.

Just make a new corruption world and grab some ebonstone and build your own biome

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao got an Arkhalis off the first shrine I've ever broken

suck it, RNG

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Acne Rain posted:

That's a pretty funky dance, Dryad. Show me how you do it.

first, find a burr in your sandbox

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

casually

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

just play expert mode and if you get your rear end kicked, switch out and use the gear you gained to beast through early parts of normal

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

not how yours works maybe

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

+1 for not ever really building boss arenas. I'll put platforms over some deep pits so I don't fall into any caves but that's about it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Black August posted:

How about you take the time to do your homework, and read the Starbound thread, to find out it always has been and always will be a lovely scam that abused its employees viciously to prop up the psychotic ego of its head developer. "Its recent user ratings are extraordinary" is some real consumer-slave garbage to vomit out in a post.

people say thing bad? must mean thing actually good smug dog emoji

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I looked up the turnaround in reviews because I was curious if the devs actually did anything cool this time around, and I think it's just getting a concerted effort from maybe the official forums or discord to "review bomb" it with positive reviews in order to push the "recent reviews" to Overwhelmingly Positive. Last update of any note was back in June with their 1.4 update, and yet for some reason there have been over a thousand positive reviews since the first of the month, over a 100 a day in some cases, with most of them just reading "good game and fun"

So yeah what I'm saying is Starbound's good again boys, reinstalling now

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

removing the fishing quest daily limit is pretty much mandatory, almost nothing else in the games works like it and it feels so out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Both of those points are true.

yeah someone in a discord I'm in brought up that Steam just had a big UI update and with part of that update came a little notice to give a review to a game you have a lot of time in that pops up when you're done playing it if you haven't already given it a review. As for why all the reviews are the same thing (except for a bunch which are pretty much lies such as "the devs care" and "frequent, meaningful content updates"), could just be people wanting to get rid of the message lol

Eschenique posted:

I had fun with Starbound some years ago but broke the boss fights and the game in general completely by just spamming turrets.

I also had an underground garden where I grew some crops and at around 100 or so the crops created enough lag to break the game.

all of the bosses are now closed off in their own arenas and I don't think you can build in them