Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
You don't have to play on the setting where you drop your poo poo. I don't even know how people enjoy that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I played hardcore and dropped all my stuff and lost it this game is bullshit :qq: :qq:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
How many hours have you spent working up to iron armor

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Not really. Kill goblins until it stops. Or build a better house to handle invasions.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Acne Rain posted:

What about hiding underground until night falls

I think that stops invasions but I'm not sure

Nope. They don't stop until you kill enough of the enemies.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sylink posted:

I got this game on sale and I'm doing ok, but is there some gadget that will display the name of the current biome you are in ?

I have a hard time farming souls of light and end up with these very tiny hallow biomes or its very hard to discern.

If you can see crystal's growing on the walls you are in a good spot. Most of the enemies that spawn in that biome are also like glowing pink and stuff.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Someone should complain about this stuff to them because wtf does this, dungeon and Helldiving do to shatter the balance of the game?

Chests get locked so you have to progress the way we tell you to because...? Game's fully complete now and this stuff is just tweaks to make sure things work correctly and such so take the locks off already.

Why can't you just get turtle armor in the beginning? I mean you're going to get it eventually anyways just give me a full set in a chest. Why do you have to beat the wall of flesh to enable hardmode? What if I just want to play in hardmode? 0/10

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

hmm yes why not those things in hardmode at the beginning of the game that I never said, bray-vo champ

Well since you clearly don't understand the idea of items getting progressively stronger, I figured I'd take it to the logical extreme to make fun of you.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Baron posted:

Word. I wasn't really sure if it spread before hardmode.

Another question: Would it be worthwhile to build a minecart track that goes a ways either direction? It would take a while, but being able to travel to far biomes quickly seems like it might be worth it.

Yes. And it isn't actually that hard to do. Put a few pieces down and get on the tracks, then just start moving and laying down tracks as you go. Basically just have to hold down the mouse button.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

J.A.B.C. posted:

Well, I'm done. Using an item editor, the Drill Containment unit and a decent chunk of time, I set up my controls and put a meteor 'spawn point' right over the Temple.

The meteor landed somewhere in the Corruption, on the other side of the map. The SkyBridge was completely untouched.

Is there a spawn height for the meteors? I had the sky-bridge pretty close to space to turn down the chances of it hitting a floating island, but did I have it too high?

I can post images, if you all want.

I bet it has more to do with the fact that the meteor can't land on something that's only one block thick anyways, so it probably doesn't even count it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

RatHat posted:

Uh yes it can. Building a skybridge is a great way to protect your world from meteors.

Really? I've never seen that happen so I just assumed it wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

omeg posted:

I really wish fishing wasn't required for those good potions.

Why