Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
how do you beat Expert Wall of Flesh? Even with full molten armor, a long hellbridge and a minishark I could only do 1/4 of his health before he killed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
yeah I fought the final boss for about 30 minutes with vampire knives and found out the hard way there is no point killing the hand eyes as it just makes the match even more difficult for melee fighting. the four pillars take loving forever to actually kill too so it's gonna be frustrating going back to actually fight him. I'm wondering if they spawn in the same spot and I can just make grinders for them

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Inge posted:

Holy poo poo, this literally just happened to me as well.

*swish*

Although harvesting it is a pain in the rear end

Just use bombs and dynamite and you'll clear it up easily. At least you didn't have your first meteor hit your dungeon like I did, which bricks wouldn't blow up because Expert Skeleton is such bullshit and I only had a golden pickaxe back then. I got 3 meteor head banners just trying to clear every piece I could pick out :v:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
it's pretty funny that rushing a fishing pole asap is the best way to survive expert mode as you can get such great items. All you need is the merchant for the bug net and the fisherman to get started. With fishing quests now saying the exact biome you need to go to there's no reason not to do it every day.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
sometimes slimes can drop alternate versions of ore. I've gotten a few tungsten pieces from them in my tin/lead/silver/platinum one.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
what's the best mechanical boss to first fight against on Expert? I'm currently about to make mythril tier armor and was originally planning on going the magic route but was able to finish up a yo-yo bag and might just go melee. I have a railway across my entire map so I can kite pretty easily; haven't built a proper arena yet

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
for pre-hardmode I found it's best to just go from cactus into demonite pickaxe as you should just be using all the bombs you get to mine ore stacks anyways. You really don't need any of the metal ore ones unless you plan to build your hell-evator early on.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
the bee mount is good for laying wires as it will stay in the air stationary for a bit whenever you get off flat land

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Ariong posted:

I am having a whole lot of trouble beating the Destroyer. On my best attempt I got a tenth of his health taken off before I died. Any tips? I have a full set of palladium armor, my weapons are Amarok and a Clockwork Rifle with Silver Bullets for when I run out of mana for my Laser Rifle, and my accessories are Fairy Wings, a Yoyo Bag, a Charm of Myths, an Obsidian shield, and a pair of Frostspark boots.

An easy way to cheese the destroyer is to build a floating house about 50 blocks up where he can't reach you with the nurse in a chamber upstairs (not too close to you so probes don't kill her). Here's the building I did (I would suggest expanding the bottom room horizontally to kill probes easier). In a small world you may get harpies and wyverns but having the nurse there with some sunflowers will decrease the chances. This set-up will let you use any ranged weapon and helps prevent getting killed by lasers

Edit: I would also suggest switching out your imp staff for the spider fang minions + queen summon. You'll get more damage and they deal with the probes much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I have a godly megashark and frost armor but even with buff potions, 5/6 Warding accessories, and an asphalt walkway lined with regen I'm still having trouble taking Expert The Twins and Skeletron Prime down. What is the best ammo type to use pre-chlorophyte? I have the steampunker available and a lot of gold for the more expensive types.