Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

You can dismount from minecarts with the E key.

Which is probably the mount key, I just haven't hit that point in my new game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

If I know I'm digging for a while I'll tuck three individual tiles of dirt and two individual tiles of stone into a corner of my inventory. The game stacks them all to 999 before taking up a new tile slot, which is usually enough for a decent mining trip.

I'll also keep a single unit of the top couple ores I'm looking for so that I can always pick them up if I come across them.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Large isn't as tedious as it used to be (largely thanks to pylons) but I'm playing one right now with another goon. We're right at the mechanical bosses so I have a bunch of mobility stuff, we've set up two extensive rail networks, and I still hate it. Such a slog and half our biomes are still tiny anyway (the desert is maybe two screens wide on the surface).

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

I've played through the game for almost every major patch. I just edited the cell phone in this time and I have no regrets.