Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Nuebot posted:

So with just a small pool you can have infinite water? That's going to be useful to know. Thanks a bunch.

The waterfalls are just cosmetic, no infinite fluid exploits here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

:downs: "Vibrations from deep underground? I wonder what that means. Neither of us did anything so I guess it must be some event or something."

Pictured: Two idiots flailing against an invulnerable mech worm. We pounded on it all night and it ran away with a bit of health left. Certainly a step up from the normal bosses if we did that badly. Does it matter where you hit the destroyer? Does he have any sort of weak point or is it just hit it anywhere and avoid getting lasered?

No weak points, just wail on it. Hardmode bosses, destroyer especially, are just massive HP sponges that occasionally whack you for a non-negligible but not horribly dangerous amount of damage. Assuming you have a decent arena, which it looks like you did, at least for him :v:

e: The fact that arenas of some sort are basically mandatory to fight the hardmode bosses always bugs me, mostly because I hate building them. I really wish that the addition of expert mode had toned them down a little in normal mode, at least their HP. I'm really bad at terraria combat, so all the hardmore battles I've ever fought have either been impossible or really easy because I built an area that let me trivialize the fight. Without arenas I always feel like I'm having fun and being challenged trying to dodge the bosses and avoid whatever projectile they spam at me... until I realize I've done 1/4 of the boss's HP and then I die.

tl;dr, I am bad and wish the game were easier :v:

Steelion fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 13, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Pretty sure it's both. The lights represent drones that have not launched, but as you do damage the probes get launched, and the lights on the body turn off (well, fly off, but you know what I mean).

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I despawned the Golem once by being about a screenlength below him.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I did the frost/pumpkin moon events after I got the terrarian. The pumpkin moon was dead easy (:haw:), there are a million spawns, especially at the end, but they tend to stack on top of each other so I could damage the entire stack at once for hilarious dpm. The frost moon was harder because nothing wanted to spawn in any appreciable number. I barely made wave 15, but I was never in any danger of actually dying.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I always kind of felt that would be cool if you could "alloy" the different types of ore for each tier. It would be functionally useless, nine times out of ten, but it would give some new building materials and armor and weapon designs. Like bronze, or electrum.

Also, change lead to nickel, then we can alloy it with iron to get meteorite :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
My least favorite part of Terraria is how many of the later bosses all but require skyways to beat without minmaxing or being really good at doing precision projectile dodging.

I don't want to be able to facetank the bosses with impunity, but I'd rather not have to survive a several minute long battle without taking more than a few hits ever. Of course I'm also not terribly good at precision projectile dodging, so welp