Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Nuebot posted:

So the wiki talks about sealing corruption and hallow in a lot as if it's something to worry about, and I've never found it a danger in the past. Did they make them spread faster or something? Or is this something I still shouldn't give a poo poo about like before?

It used to spread a lot more quickly, and some enemies had projectile attacks that could end up spreading it as well. The Cleniminator wasn't a thing yet, either. The spread got tuned down quite a bit, and defeating some of the hard mode bosses slows it down to be almost nothing. If there is some particular area of the map next to the biomes that you really are worried about you can isolate it, but it isn't usually an issue for me either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Nuebot posted:

I just learned that there's a Living Rich Mahogany Wood wand and matching leaf wand.

Oh crap. Is there a Boreal version too? I have a dumb idea about a winter treefort and now I'm tempted to hunt down one so it'll match the trees.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
That's probably better, now I won't be tempted to try and spam new worlds to try and find one.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Potions and food buffs help a lot. Try reforging your items to get better prefixes on them, too. Maybe set up campfire and heart lanterns too in your arena.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The probes are the part of the Destroyer that will kill you. The body is big and scary but it's kind of a red herring. Kill the probes ASAP or you will get overwhelmed.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Click on the little hammer icon with the squares, it changes it to a grid so you can select what you want easier than scrolling!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Tenebrais posted:

I found a strange plant right at my base, sitting literally next to a marigold. I don't think they're restricted by dye plants. Unless the marigold grew there later and I really didn't notice the strange for that long? Sounds unlikely.

They used to be up until the most recent hotfix patch. That's why people did the dirt skybridge stuff to get them before, now it's not really a problem!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Nope. Plants in clay pots or planter boxes don't spread corruption or anything weird, go nuts.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
If you want to make a giant plot of corrupt/crimson grass to farm deathweed / evil mushrooms / cool looking trees, however, you should probably think about how to contain it.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
If you turned it into brick you will be fine. Otherwise, well, you will be in for some fun.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
...There's a buff limit?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
People say the Crimson has spiders, but they are wrong. Those aren't spiders. They are ticks. Giant, bloated, engorged ticks.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
It spawns in a V from where you've killed the Wall.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Supremezero posted:

Given that he has lavafalls, he probably does.

We told him how to do that. First hit makes it a half block, if you keep hitting the block with the hammer it'll cycle through all the different slopes.

But maybe he wants to keep his stuff blocky, what do I know?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
If you happen to have a surplus of pink gel, try making some molotovs. They got nerfed (mostly by now requiring the pink gel) but are still pretty good at loving up the creepers. Spiky balls works too if you have them.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Spergminer posted:

They removed the locked chests from islands in 1.2(?). You can open floating island chests without a key now. And floating island loot is definitely worth it if you can find it.

He's on console though, which isn't at parity with the pc updates.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Nightowl and/or Shine potions are both really easy to make once you've got a small herb farm going. They take almost no time to set up anymore thanks to the changes to plant blooming, so there's no reason not to buy a couple of planters or make some pots and chuck some seeds into them once you've got some.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Man this is bringing me back. Remember the first time you went smashing orbs and then holy poo poo what the gently caress is that?!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Rather lucky you didn't get the Crimson then. They get spider-like mobs there. Except they're giant, bloated, hungry ticks.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

NecroMonster posted:

Yeah, like, literally right after I came to bitch I found one.

There is something magical about these forums, every time I complain about not finding something in them, they magically show up a few moments later.

I think I'll start my own new character and world. Last time I did I tried to do Expert mode but it just wore me down too hard by the time I beat the WoF. I'm not gud nuff. Also my house sucked and I didn't want to rebuild it again because I'm lazy and bad at houses.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

King Doom posted:

If you have enough dart trap blocks you can make a tower of them, build an enclosed room on the top, set them to autofire and laugh because the fight is suddenly incredibly easy.

Yeah but that's lame. Real players singlehandedly punch things to death.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Cat Mattress posted:

They've updated a lot of sprites. I found this comparison sheet:

Most of the changes are really subtle, but there's one that's blatant even without looking at a before/after comparison: statues are much lighter in color now; presumably to make them more paintable.

The inventory sprite for background walls are much larger and more distinct now, thankfully.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Protip there is a button on your keyboard that says Print Screen!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You really don't want to play on a large world by yourself. Just makes poo poo take forever to get to.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You do get the disco ball and can craft rainbow torches using rainbow bricks but yeah there needs to be more crazy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Expert mode is for masochists, don't worry too much about it.