Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Go home worldgen, you're drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

This seed in general is cursed. That Crimson hellmouth is immediately to the right of spawn, while the jungle is a surprisingly short distance to the left. It's a large world to boot!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Reduced Grinding updated and appears to no longer be making Terraria stutter constantly. Apparently the mod author arrived at the genius implementation of "for the enchanted sundial item, check every tile in the world once per game tick to see if it's craftable" which... :psyduck:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Just smh if you don't float your towns up in the air over the original biome in a terrarium-like biome recreation. Desert town can't get corrupted if it's 200 feet up off the ground!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

:aaa: Holy poo poo. I'd fallen off my modded 1.4 playthrough, but I'm absolutely gonna be giving this a go tonight.

EDIT: Speaking of unexpected mods:

DragonBall Terraria Ported

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 1, 2022

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Yeah one of the Red Cloud devs says on the page that it’s incredibly prone to crashing with any other mods enabled.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

Yeah one of the Red Cloud devs says on the page that it’s incredibly prone to crashing with any other mods enabled.

To bring this back quickly, I've been slowly adding mods to my ongoing Red Cloud game, and so far none of the quality of life mods have made it crash. Apparently Magic Storage has a few flags that make it work explicitly with Red Cloud 1.4, and the Red Cloud discord server is strongly suggesting using recipe browser

I don't imagine Dragonball would work well, nor Calamity. But no need to be shy about adding stuff like fargos soul mod, alchemist lite, auto trash, or consistent reforging.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

I don't imagine Dragonball would work well

I come bearing more good news!

This is only starting out, but it doesn't crash and all the controls work.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Zereth posted:

Wouldn't you have a lot of trouble getting the (non-ki-crystal) materials in Red Cloud?

So far ki crystals are the sticking point. There's jungle everywhere and none of it counts for Calm crystals. And the basic ones only drop in forest surface biomes. Once you get enough to fly, however, large parts of the map are wide open.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Zereth posted:

Huh, I remember Red Cloud being that you couldn't like. Mine anything except certain "doors" that the relevant drill was a "key" for and you couldn't do most crafting at all.

I mean, honor system when I played it, but they managed to figure out how to make it actually enforced later. I'm surprised you were able to make the crafting station to make any ki attacks at all.

You can enable or disable the "adventure mode" component at will. So you can disable it do place the Z/Kai table and then re-enable it for the rest of the run.

I finished the playthrough last night. The only ingredient I could not get was Katchin Scales, which only drop from Duke Fishron, and enough Radiant Fragments/Luminite because the mod for some reason is only set up to do the Lunar Events once. In both cases, I just had to cheat them in with the CheatSheet mod.

In classic Dragonball mod fashion, it completely trivializes most of the map's challenges. By the time I got to hard mode, I was punching way above what my gear said I should be able to. The only hangups I ran into was the mod's automatic reverse gravity mode in the Underground Hallow and Meteor biomes. Turns out there's a LOT of underground hallow all over the map. And when the "reverse gravity" button is the same as DBTerraria's "fly up" button... yeah. But minor complaints aside, it was fun enough I guess.

I had completed the optional "face yourself" challenge and got the game's ultimate weapon as a reward. Then I went to face a late game boss who had had over 100,000 health. And I one shot it. Good times.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Papercut posted:

Are there any recommended inventory management mods? Or other general QoL stuff?

Both of these are on the 1.4 workshop, but "auto trash slots" and "Magic Storage" are both almost mandatory mods. Auto trash slots lets you mark a particular item as trash on pickup so you don't fill your inventory with 5 different types of dye materials or whatever. Magic Storage lets you condense all your storage needs into a single mega chest that you can upgrade as you progress through the game. It also features a crafting interface where you can drop all your crafting stations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Consistent Reforging too! This adds an undo button to the reforge screen, and is supposed to prevent duplicates from happening. I'm not sure the "preventing duplicates" bit even works, but the undo button is a life saver.

Omniswing - Adds auto swing to every weapon in the game. So nice and impossible to go back to playing without.
More Endless Ammo - Adds infinite bags of every type of ammo available in vanilla 1.4. You still have to have 3,996 of the ammo and bring them to a crystal ball to get the infinite bag, so this is just expanding vanilla functionality already in place.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I want there to be one of those huge content expansion mods that has a whole new tier after Moon Lord where to start it you need to sacrifice a 99 stack of voodoo dolls.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

It was essential enough that the devs included it as a base game feature. That speaks highly enough for how many people found it mandatory!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Did they ever fix the grass boots exploit? I forget exactly how to trigger it, but wearing the boots that grow grass when you walk, there used to be a way to create and instantly destroy the grass, so you would spawn hundreds of pieces of bait in no time at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Shiny777 posted:

They did back in 1.4, according to the wiki. It still technically works, but the chance of spawning anything from grass or flowers is reduced to 0.0001% of the base chance if you're wearing the boots.

Understandable. But also RIP