Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Well it had another hotfix update so the server isn't matching. Which is just as well, since someone who will not be named decided to thrust us rear end-first into Hard Mode against the wishes of literally everyone else on the server :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

So uh the Final boss is bugged out and permanently rampaging on Poxins' server :shepicide: The end times are here.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

It's just bigger numbers delivered faster. People just threw themselves at him until he died, with one of them being invincible. It was like watching a Lemmings death march.

From the standpoint of someone who just sat and watched, I'm not sure how that could qualify as fun for most people unless they like seeing the HP whittled down bit by bit.

Don't forget we had a martian invasion at about the halfway point, at which case our litany of deaths became half from him, half from having tesla bolts rammed up our asses.

FUN! :shepface:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

Yoyos might be somewhat overpowered.

You shut your mouth, Yoyos are the greatest thing ever and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

In other news: I built a thing in Poxins' server!

Solid marble :shepface:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I still need the yoyo gloves to finish off the accessory for it :argh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Excelzior posted:

...holy poo poo how did I never notice there is an auto-buff key :negative:

A what? :staredog: Holy poo poo

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Don't sweat it until you get a super crazy drill later on that makes it trivial.

Or hold out for the drill rig mount that trivializes all digging forever :getin:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

King Doom posted:

So what's the best Terraria editor?

Go forth, my child

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You forgot the tax dude.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Nuebot posted:

So I finally got Red's throw and I'm kind of disappointed they nerfed it.

They nerfed all the Dev items. Red is apparently a yoyo enthusiast irl, some yoyo company is going to make several of the in game yoyo's. Including the Eye of Cthulu and Terrarian, if the wiki is to be believed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Is there a way to reset or retrieve your password on T-Shock? I tried to pop in on Poxins' server (gently caress sake dude stop switching maps) and I've forgotten my t-shock password.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Craft a hook ASAP. The boost in mobility this gives you cannot be stressed enough.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I thought it was that Hallow/Corruption/Crimson flat out cannot convert Jungle/Mud blocks now?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

RatHat posted:

Do minions attack the Martian probe? I could see that being a problem.

EDIT: By the way, since the invasion isn't time based like the Pumpkin/Frost Moons can you just not kill anything and farm saucers?

They do, I remember my Stardust Dragon shooting ahead and assaulting more than one probe. And isn't there some bug that stops the saucers spawning after a point?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yoyo bag and Terrarian is just plain unfair to the enemy. :unsmigghh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Living Rainbow dye in the pet slot turns Not-Star Platinum absolutely loving fabulous.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Nuebot posted:

As much as I like 1.3 I'm not really feeling most of these patch notes aside from the medusa one. It feels lot like those times in say, FFXI, when they had a super hard boss no one could kill they'd get mad and buff it any time someone did manage to kill it because they were "exploiting" the game to do so. Maybe the problem is that people have to exploit the game to kill your boss, because it's not fun to fight.
The boss you're thinking of is Absolute Virtue. They kept nerfing or outright removing/making him immune to whatever players were using to kill him. Absolute Virtue Syndrome is a thing in the game industry.
"The beatings will continue until you ingrates play my game ~THE RIGHT WAY~."

E: not only would they keep removing ways to beat him, but they actively refused to tell players what ~THE RIGHT WAY~ was supposed to be. gently caress you for not being psychic, I guess

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 21, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Thank you, I keep thinking it's Pandemonium Warden for some reason but those two bosses are literally all I know about FFXI. Warden was the one people fought for so long they passed out, then? Or am I wrong again?

Pandemonium Warden was indeed the one people fought for so long they had to call it off when they had to sleep and/or go to the goddamn bathroom. Bonus: When the dev team did release how they'd killed Absolute Virtue themselves, their released info required violating their own loving games' TOS :shepface:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Zereth posted:

Didn't they before that also release a video giving some "hints", and by hints i mean "it was cut together so confusingly the only thing you could tell was that they used some certain abilities but not what for"?

Do you have a link to what their intended solution was, by the way?
Not off-handedly, but all this was a while back. It's been revealed/figured out how to kill him "The Right Way" and parties take him down regularly on every server now. A quick youtube search should be able to find the 'proper' way to do it- Using abilities on certain character classes in a certain order disables his abilities, as I recall.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Can't wait to see what fun things get nerfed to the edge of uselessness in the name of balance :toot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I just want an option to forbid dirt blocks from being picked up so i don't have to stop every five minutes in my exploring to empty my inventory.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You know as well as the rest of us that any armor bonus too good will get beaten by the nerf stick until it stops whimpering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No you don't understand, someone is playing the game differently than me, and that's bad