Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
After not playing Terarria since launch and probably sinking a good 30 hours in since the newest update here is my review.

Yoyos own.
Fishing owns.
Slime mount is the most OP boss killer. Nerf this poo poo.

I hope you enjoyed my write up. Thank you for your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Good lord, do turtles even still drop turtle shells? I've killed over 30 of the bastards without a single one dropping.

I made a new small world, rushed down to kill WoF and then set up a barebones afk farming bunker in the jungle. After about an hour of doing other poo poo while turtles and derplings hurled themselves into lava I had a grand total of 2 shells.

Basically, it's going to take more than 30 to get the shells you need.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

quote:

Fixed certain achievements not being obtainable in multiplayer (you should now be able to get them all).

quote:

Fixed fishing achievements not being counted on Steam / resetting on startup.

Finally my achievement autism can be sated.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Holy crap he's tough even with 5 people on Expert.

Boss Hp goes up the more people there are in Expert mode.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

I can't kill fast enough to get past Wave 11 of the Frost Moon - do I have a chance of getting Santas's drops in waves 7-10, or do I need more dakka?

You might want to invest in building a murder bridge filled with the ball traps from the temple if you want to get further.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

VineST posted:

hmm. the house thingy says this housing is invalid. is it because of the erratic shape? I don't think it's too big, at least.

A room for NPCs needs a door.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

I am of the opinion that Terraria has too much bullshit fly at you at any given time for mediumcore to have any draw.

I dread to think what kind of masochist would play hardcore.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

imho the beginning of hardmore is a bit frustrating. Cobalt is plent, yeah, but the second tier ore is so hard to find and fighting the bosses is impossible for me.

Find a nice lake, quaff a fishing, a crate potion and load up some youtube vids on a second monitor. Crates are infinitely more lucrative for getting ores/bars as well as being infinitely more easier.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Do mimics have some different spawning than regular enemies? I'm trying to get the toy sled for my brother but I'm so sick of grinding these stupid ice chests when they spawn so rarely. I have a setup where I just drop through a ton of layers of an ice biome but mimics still only spawn once every 5 minutes on average which sucks. It doesn't seem like I can just wait in place for them too spawn offscreen like every other enemy though so I can't really afk farm them either.

VVV I'm running around with a battle potion, water candles set up all over the place, and another water candle in my hand :negative:

The only thing they need is a natural wall from world gen and the respective biome. I also read that they need total darkness to spawn but that might be baloney.

Try digging out a large tunnel just below ground level with dart traps, a lava pit and a water candle.

Azzents fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 25, 2015

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Alright I've never afk grinded in this game before since I hate that poo poo but spending 3+ hours trying to get a stupid snowman is making me question my life choices so I set up this instead;

Is there any reason this shouldn't work for killing ice mimics? They spawned in this room before I turned it into a magma frying pan but so far all I've gotten is a bunch of sludge and armour.

This was my bare-minimum preparation mimic farm when I wanted to make an ankh shield. If I weren't so lazy I would've made the pit a little wider since mimic kept jumping over it, but it served me well.

Another thing you could do is to do this in a hosted multiplayer world so that your game doesn't pause while alt tabbed. So you can stay in your little cubby hole while mimic hop to their death all while you watch Youtube videos or do something else.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Doctor Borris posted:

I was hopine to play some this weekend with some goons. Do most folks run a persistent world or does it get too developed? Why is Starbound so reviled vs Terreria?

The main reason is because the Starbound devs promised updates "thick and fast" then the game stagnated while they rebuilt a lot of the game from the ground up, leaving a whole one year of nothing.

People lost their patience and flung poo poo, which is a shame, because there are a lot of aspects that I like about Starbound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Make a wooden yo-yo and become Ness. Every other weapon is sub par compared to the yo-yo.