Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Anyone know which NPC will sell the Mushroom Pylon? Because short of building a crappy little hut off the Truffles's house to put the guide in for proximity, I don't see it happening.

I tend to build houses a bit separated after this patch, so proximity is a pain for boosting happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
One thing I miss about cheat sheet is the ability to just spawn a certain mob en-mass. Feels lesss scummy than just cheating an item in, , but also allows you to get the item in the first place.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Dareon posted:

Also also, I was cruising the post-Plantera dungeon and something, don't know what, dropped a Morning Star whip. Holy balls is that a power jump. I went from the 59 attack of Durendal to 319. :zenpop:
Thats actually the second best whip in the game, the best drops from Empress of Light, and while that one does 15 less base damage, it makes summons do 20 more damage (compared to the Morning Star's 5), gives summons a 10% crit chance (compared to 5%), plus it is bigger and faster to use, though the knockback is a lot lower.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Basically, as my experience goes, if you want vanilla +, wait for Thorium. If you want high challenge and gear that completely eclipses Vanilla choose Calamity.

Also, the thing that stands out about Calamity to me was the Jungle Dragon had a charge move that scaled based on your maximum movespeed. If you had an accessory from another mod that gave you too much speed the attack was basically un-dodgable and IIRC likely an instakill.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Thorium is neat because it adds three different, new classes to the game (well, two and a half new, throwing used to exist in a very limited state) while giving vanilla classes something else to do as well. And yeah, it may be pretty obscure for some stuff, but it does expand your options.

Kind of want Thorium to come out for 1.4 now so I can do a Doot Marine playthrough (another mod to let me have the non defense stats from vanity armor, Bard+Ranger)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

codo27 posted:

I managed to beat skull face, I was just being sucky with mobility. It was actually pretty easy on the last attempt, focusing on movement and distance, and not using melee. Did him in with shotgun+meteor shots. Now with night's edge everything is a breeze. Dungeon was so easy. Except I mined most of the spikes thinking I'd set up great traps for base defense but they can only hurt the player which is absolute trash.

Currently shafting out the edges of the corruption before I engage WoF. I dont think I've missed anything else.

Forgot what thread I was in for a minute, thought MGSV was sounding a lot different than I remembered after that.