Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Can anyone tell me what exactly the Dye maker is looking for when he wants a "Strange Plant"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Having a lot of fun so far. The only gripe I have is how annoying it is to reorganize your inventory after picking it all back up again in medium core. Its very tedious but I feel like the game falls flat without a real death penalty.

If it somehow kept your favorites set I'd have no problem with it.

I saw a suggestion on it which I think is a great idea: In Mediumcore, when you die you should leave a corpse that you can click on to reset your character to the state before you died. Keeping inventory the inventory organized like it was before. Sort of like in Diablo 2 where you can get your stuff back, and other players can take your stuff as well.

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 2, 2015

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

The decent part about expert mode is all players get boss loot, unless non-expert has that now too.

Although we're having a wierd issue with the Eye of Cthulu not dropping anything. We think it might be because we're fighting the boss with Bee weapons and the Bees finish it off. The chat doesn't mention us defeating the eye either :/. I hope that's not the case since the Bee weapons are cool as poo poo.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

So a friend of mine got a Scourge of The Corruptor by killing a random corruption enemy in Hardmode. Can dungeon chest items drop off of enemies in expert mode or something?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Banner buffs don't stack do they?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Do melee weapons that shoot projectiles out get bonus damage on the projectiles if you have some kind of melee buff? Can they benefit from stuff you use at the imbuing station?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

How do I use the clentaminator to get my jungle back? It looks like the green solution just turns it back into the default biome.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Some friends and I were getting that issue again with expert bosses not dropping a bag for everyone :/. We got the Destroyer and Skeletron prime and only 1 person picked up the bag. Yesterday we managed to get the Twins and they dropped bags. Anyone else getting this or knows what causes it?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Do those flying dragons get hurt by lava if they happen to fly through it?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

Wyverns you mean? No. They get chunked by any piercing weapon though. Get a cobalt spear or some holy arrows or something.

I get how that works, though I was asking because I made a floating base, but it seems it's just high enough that sometimes Wyverns can spawn and come barrelling in. I thought if they flew through a magma layer I could get them fast that way, but if not is there some other kind of automated defenses that can kill Wyverns as they fly through my base?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I've got a long plane trip ahead of me, and I'm tempted to pick this up on my phone or the Switch.

But I'm also pretty wary about playing without mods, I usually don't run it with big overhauls or anything but I did end up writing my own mod to improve medium-core by keeping all your items stored in a tombstone and automatically slotting them back in the right spot once you get back to it.

That was a while ago though I don't suppose they made any QoL improvements to the base game like that since then have they?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

A bunch of friends and I like to play through that way to give a sense of danger and tension to exploring. It's way more fun to try and work together to clear out the dungeon rather than doing quick suicide runs to pickup everything in chests (to me it is at least).

But it is actual hell when fighting bosses since when someone dies the nearest person hoovers up all their stuff, there's no way to manage it during the fight and it's just tedious housekeeping afterwards

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I kind of hacked it to make a tombstone give you all your stuff back instead, and to put it right back in the same slot you had it in so you don't have to mess with your inventory again.

It just adds that extra consequence to dying that gives the game the extra tension we're looking for while removing the tedious inventory management aspect of picking everything back up in a random order

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Is there anything specific to master mode? I change log just implied it would be harder, but nothing more specific than that.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I realized I don't know what shield level actually does or where to find out in the app. Can anyone tell me?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

By shield level do you mean the number in the metal shield icon above your equipment? That's your total defense. A flat 50% of that is subtracted from any damage you take. (75% in expert)

Actually I mean some kind of S.H.E.I.L.D account level. It's not an agent or hero level either, it's like a whole separate thing.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

whoops my bad, had 2 different threads open at the same time.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Anyone know how to get NPCs happy enough to sell the pylon? We're trying to get the angler at the ocean to be accessible but it's so far away, We have 3 NPCs there who all say they're happy but not enough I guess?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

surprisingly we didn't have any chests in the water at either beach

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I also could have sworn when you swing a sword it swings in the direction of your mouse, but now it's the direction of your movement, and it's really messing me up trying to push enemies back while aiming a sword in the wrong direction.

Am I wrong? I'm sure this is how it worked before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I think I posted forever ago about this when I first made the mod but here's my medium core QoL mod that stores all your items in your death tombstone and swaps em back into the same slot they were before you died:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2830886458

I saw 1.4 got tmod support so I went back and updated it. I'll say that Exuvo did a lot of the major improvements to my original code and that's what I updated here. He gave me the ok to update his branch and so now it's up on the workshop. Open source mods are great :)