Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Reminiscing about my old buildings in terraria from what back when.

My old Murder Manor, complete with a dungeon filled with traps.

Even older, back before hard mode, I made a bunch of giant statues with temples built around them...

Unfortunately the back walls are a little screwed up now, so I can't take new/better screenshots of them right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Godddddddddddd, ore looked so bad back then.

Yeaaah, it was not a very good looking game back then...

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

The problem I have with Hard Mode is just that the game heavily emphasizes dodging when most of the game takes place in narrow caves with very little room to move. It doesn't seem like much has been done to improve that...

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Starting on a new project. Planning on making it into an ossuary, though I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to do for the upper floors...

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Welp, mostly finished with the Ossuary. I might come back to it later when I get a better idea for the altar and the two spires...

As for materials, I, uh, gather them over the course of hours because I hate myself, although having almost all the items I had since Terraria was first released helps a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

So I beat Terraria finally. My initial opinion of Terraria's combat hasn't really changed: it sucks really hard. It plays like a really clunky bullet hell except you have to deal with the terrain as well.

Building is still fun, though. I'm probably going to do one last project, once I figure out what I want to do.

I'm thinking maybe I'll make my own dungeon?