Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I feel as though siege events would be way more fun if we got some defensive options. I should be able to build turrets and equip the NPCs with my old junk (though them just being able to attack was a nice change)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think i'm stuck on hard mode.

I'm generally following this guide

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Walkthrough#Hardmode

I'm at the part where I should be gearing up for the mech bosses but my current set doesn't seem to be working well. My current go-to is a full set of titanium armor, the amarok yoyo (plus I managed to make a yo yo bag), wings and the warrior's emblem. I can get the worm to about 70% before he pushes my poo poo in.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Melee weapons aren't actually very good against bosses. You just don't want to be that close to them. Yoyo's make it a lot better, but it'll still usually be easier early on to just use ranged or magic.

Later melee weapons fire projectiles, so they work great.

So where should I go for decent hardmode weapons? I haven't got any magic or ranged drops (well, aside from the new ore stuff). Is fishing just as awesome as pre-hard mode?