Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Yeah afaik it has always been slow. That 2.5% chance for the charm per crate is real rough though ngl. Luckily I've built up a stack of crate potions from the angler quests and I kinda expect to burn most or all of them. First 7 crates at least gave me the hook so I'm not gated by the bait anymore. Also the lockboxes gave me 4 lances and 3 flowers so awesome start on the hunt for the bow :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

52 obsidian crates without a charm so far :sludgepal:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

It's a 2.5% chance per crate. That sucks

Also the drop chance in the lava layer chests has to still compete with all the other items that drop in the underground/cavern chests. I went through 8 chests in the lava layer without a charm and I'm still sitting at 52 lava crates without a charm

I just don't get why this specific item had to be changed to be a chore to get :shrug:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

watho posted:

it has always been a 2.5% chance from chests
Really? I never looked that up because I always just found it along the way while spelunking. Never felt rare to me since I usually ended up with a spare or two before I fought the wall

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Is there still a good reason to build a skybridge? I mean with the pylon network I now don't need it anymore to easily travel around my medium world

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Thx for the input on skybridges in 1.4. I'll probably make one for a few key bossfights but I'm not making one that covers the whole world like I used to do

Also fishing for biome crates sure is a tedious affair. I'm sitting in my jungle village with 170 fishing power and I'm drowning in wood/iron crates and have seen one jungle crate so far. I just want some dang flower boots :qq:

E: Also up to 80 obsidian crates and no charm so far very cool

E2: Cracked 108 obsidian crates and not a single charm. gently caress it I'm going to use a world seed that has one

Eikre posted:

I lust for gnome death.
lol at gnometse

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 17, 2020

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Is there a way to sort of anticipate where the dreaded V will spawn after you kill the wall? I've built a 6 block trench around my main area and also around both of my corrupted areas and don't think that there is more that you can do without being crazy about it, right?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Memento posted:

I have more than 140 fishing quests on my current world and don't have a Bottomless Water Bucket.
You need to be in hardmode for it to drop, in case you aren't. And it's kinda bullshit imo since you can fish the lava bucket/sponge in normal mode but the water bucket/sponge is way more useful for pre-hardmode construction than the lava stuff is

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Discovered something weird. I made a small world to pillage some things and the game has lag when I traverse certain points of that world. It also slows down real hard when it rains&storms. I have never had any lag in my main world(medium) so now I gotta wonder wtf is up with that?

E: I...accidentally binned my angler hat and vest before realizing what was going on :negative:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 22, 2020

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Donkringel posted:

I say just download an all items world and then pilfer those two items, then delete the world. You already put the hours in.
Might look into that. Making a new character to fish and ferry the items into my world sucks

Also, my containment efforts pre-hardmode have sorta failed. One corruption biome apparently had spread underground without me knowing and is past its trench. Not too much of an issue since my jungle is safe and there's enough space where it can grow before I have to contain it. Also holy poo poo there is sooo much hallow and my ice biome is already converted. Need to work on getting the steampunker asap to quell some spread. Especially since hallow is creeping up on one side of my jungle farm/planterra arena. Biome already changes if I move to that side so I gotta hustle a bit

I'm currently decked out in titanium armor and wonder what weapon I should obtain to fight the mech bosses? It's been a good while since I played so I forgot where all the cool stuff is. Luckily I found a hel-fire right after starting hardmode which has carried me so far but fighting bosses with it is going to suck

The_Final_Stand posted:

Welp. I just beat Master Mode, Classic, with all bosses (including no-hit Empress for the Terraprisma, for extra masochism points)
For future reference: do not do this stupid thing.
:worship:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I'm at the point of early hardmode where you get into better gear&weapons and need to reforge them which sucks my money dry instantly. How do you guys like to go about farming/earning enough money?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Right now I'm sitting in a pyramid farm in the caverns which is boring af when I don't do it afk but the stone golems make that sorta worth it by dropping a few gold every now and then :v:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Zereth posted:

Are you sure about that? Assuming you don't need to replace a bad modifier you can usually get away with using it until you get an upgrade.
I'm indeed talking about gear that you'll stick with for a long time/forever and Imo you want extra defense before you can move past titan/adam armor and yeah with some lovely luck it can take a few rolls until you get +3/+4 on your stuff

Gonna do planterra now since I got lucky and had a bulb spawn right away in my arena :woop:

E: I'm trying to farm some mimics in the caverns but it's not working right. I made a pyramid farm with lava at the bottom where enemies walk in and die while I sit below and suck up the drops. Also placed some dart traps on the sides that shoot along the ground to aggro mimics that spawn. But mimics don't want to seem to spawn even with a water candle around for higher spawns. Is there some weird condition you have to fullfill for mimics to show up?

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I'm currently at the point where I've done most things before starting the event chain towards the moon lord. I still need fishron to stop being an rear end and drop the wings but that's a minor thing. I've started to grind through pumpkin/frost moon events for the gear and I'm not doing enough damage to get through the bosses fast enough. I have no problem with survival but yeah killing fast is my issue. Any advice on better weapons or strats would be cool

My current setup is an arena with a lava layer below me with spear+spike ball traps above it to deal with most of the chaff. Both sides of my arena also have super dart traps shooting inwards. My main weapons right now are the possessed hatchet, the chaingun with chloro bullets and the terra blade. I'm wearing the turtle armor with spectre wings, celestial shell, terraspark boots, ankh shield and berserker glove. All have been reforged to armored/warding

E: Been able to make it to wave 13/14 before the night runs out now. Upped my damage by actually using rage potions, the sniper scope and the best modifiers on my weapons of choice. Still not enough to beat the event but okay for grinding I guess. Also finaly got the fishron wings so I guess I might as well do the moonlord stuff now

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 16, 2020