Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

IntelligibleChoir posted:

Has anyone worked out if the "steam integration" for dedicated servers actually does anything? I've turned it on but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I would imagine it feeds Steam server information can use the functions like Join Game and View Players from Steam itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

I had an insane run of luck where I found a Godly Code 1 on a travelling merchant, a Superior Slime Staff and a Murderous Harpoon all dropping within an hour on my solo world, so I took advantage and proceeded to murder Brain of Cthulhu and the Queen Bee enough times to have a full set of Bee Wax and Crimtane stuff.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

About 15 hours into this world, I am now a bunny-riding, hornet and slime summoning bee-man with a brain for a head. Decided to start a second, slightly less boxy base to celebrate getting this far for the first time.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

I wonder, can then cut it off at 1 tile high and let it regrow?

Yeah you can, that's what I usually do

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Baron posted:

OK I have a really stupid question; Can you use an item while it's in your inventory, without putting it in your 0-9 items? It seems like you should be able too, but I can't figure out what button to press...

You can pick up the item while your inventory is open, then move the item outside of the inventory space and left-click.

socialsecurity posted:

So I'm kinda done with Terraria I beat everything I wanted to this is my first builder style game I enjoyed the freeness of building things mixed with actual bosses and goals does Minecraft have something similar or is there a different game in this genre that would work better everyone seems to hate Starbound no idea why.

Minecraft doesn't have the sense of progression by default, despite the addition of things like hunger and bosses it's still doesn't quite nail it, but I'm sure there's probably mods you can get to make that better.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 22, 2015