Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Well it looks like Mac and Linux folk can play now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I haven't come up with a solid plan for what to do with it yet, but if you actuate a block you can still put wall behind it. Normally this doesn't do much, but if you make it a gemspark wall it will still glow through the actuated block. One of the coolest things I've thought of with this was I actuated some waterfall blocks, painted them green and put some green gemspark walls behind them, making it look like I had a flowing system of toxic waste/radiated water/liquid science. Only reason I haven't made an underground lab yet is that I haven't come up with what else to build it out of.

Something to keep in mind is that gemspark walls will glow through one square more in each direction than you place, so if you place one wall it will glow through nine blocks, and if you have a 5*7 area it will light up through a 7*9 area of blocks. I'm sure I could have phrased that more intelligently but I should really be asleep right now.

Akett fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 23, 2015

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Ok, never spent much time in the underground desert and just found out that they're a complete no go zone in hardmode. Those worms :stonk:

It's not like you're missing out on anything, hardmode underground deserts give you nothing you can't get in regular underground deserts unless they get turned hallow/crimson/corrupt.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ambaire posted:

I backed up my 1.2.x characters and worlds and started a new set for the latest update. I decided to stock up on a few crates in preparation for hard mode so I can upgrade to adamantite right away, and ... I think I have a problem. Send help.

You have more than you will ever need :eyepop:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I just tried the hardmode version of the event, got overwhelmed at wave three. I guess you're supposed to get the hardmode versions of the summoning towers to be able to stand up to things at all. Like I have moon lord killing gear and can make a complete joke of the pumpkin moon (though not the frost moon, I may need to adjust some things on my accessories), this was just absurd. It doesn't help that I think one of my stardust cells was stuck to the crystal and attacking it.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

Given, y'know, one of the things costs loving 75 medals.

According to the wiki the highest tier of the summoning items cost 100 medals each. If the medal drops don't increase as the thing gets harder there's next to no way I'm gonna do this bullshit.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Yeah, I just stuffed my terrarian into a portal for a pre hardmode version and it ended up killing like ten dark mages giving me pretty much all of the things they drop and also got 5 defender medals out of it, so the thing seems to reward you better based on how well you do. As for my getting overwhelmed, I think a big part of that problem may be that I was doing the post Plantera version of the event with pre hardmode towers, so it's amazing I even got to wave four on my retry.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If I could be assed to make an account for their forums I would suggest to them that they should make gem colored tiki torches because there's no lamp in the game that casts strongly colored light. Also more torches like the demon torches but with different ranges of color because there's a lot of untapped potential there. And make a yellow colored glowing brick, maybe hallowed? Basically I want my golden tower to look as sick as my demonite tower. I mean I could take out the awesome looking obsidian lamps and just put demon torches in on the walls and do the same for yellow torches and slap a bunch of yellow gemspark walls behind the bricks in my gold tower, but it wouldn't have the cool pulsing glow that the demon torches give to the demonite tower.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Sonovabitch, they still never fixed the picture mode so that backgrounds change based on biome.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If you want to stick fast to melee in early hardmode you want to be using the pwnhammer the Wall dropped, it's got knockback like you won't see on other weapons for a while and that's one of your strongest defenses as a melee character.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Molten didn't even exist at first. Blade of Grass was the end game sword.

Wait, what? I could have swore PBat had the molten set by the end of his playthrough.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

At this point all I really want from Terraria is more vertical room in the space biome so I can make the Space Colony ARK. Also lamps with colored light like the gem torches. A way to spawn the martian invasion more consistently would also be nice.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Amarok isn't even the best Yo-Yo, though they do mention that they haven't put any post Plantera weapons on that list.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I will say there's three levels of the Dungeon Defender event and the hardest kicked my rear end even in my endgame stuff. The real problem with it is how grindy it is if you want all the stuff in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

There's a popular streamer who is friends with the devs and they put his iconic couch into the game.