Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Starbound's been directed by a moron who ended up chasing off perfectly fine talented artists and designers with his terrible ideas of what fun is. Like getting rid of sandmining and making guns take energy for some reason, and the big change to how grappling hooks work, and adding food rotting for some reason.

And then you look at Minecraft and they're also making decisions that make no sense. You're really going to change how water and lava work so you have to get source blocks now? Great, make things a bit more annoying to do, cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Sorry what's changed about Minecraft's water and lava?

Oh sorry, I could've swore they made some weird decision that blocks of water need 'source blocks' before you could collect them so you'd end up with giant pools of lava that really only had 5 blocks of lava that you could actually collect. But looking into it I seem to be mistaken.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

What on earth mod did I install that named the guide Ben Shapiro?

More importantly, did it make him 14 pixels shorter than everyone too?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dareon posted:

Just ran into an unintended, but not unwelcome interaction between mods. I'm running Fargo's Soul Mod and Luiafk. Luiafk lets you make fishing rods that don't need bait, and throw additional lures based on the number of angler quests completed. I had like 5 or 6 lures, then crafted the Angler's Soul, which makes all fishing rods throw 4 more lures. Suddenly I'm hurling an incredible death blossom of bobbers at an unsuspecting lake, because each lure from the endless rod is counting as a unique cast for the purpose of the soul. And since I've also disabled the angler quest timer, it's going to get more ridiculous very quickly.

I am become Death, the fisher of worlds.

Finally, someone comes up with a way to make fishing more interesting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terraria 2! It's Terraria but coded better with nicer character models!

That'll be 15$