Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
why are the endgame ranged weapons so poo poo. I can either use a bow (that is close ranged and goes against my stealth bonus because I have to get relatively close) or a badass rifle (which has a loving amazingly wide spread and therefore is also useless) Why isn't there just some better sniper rifle like a railgun that shoots through walls instead, since literally every other "class" gets that.

on top of that, the endgame ranged armor is just better shroomite armor, boring and disappointing, does look cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

Chlorophyte bullets.

It's annoying that I have to make my own ammo from a relatively pain in the rear end ore when Melee can just fire his loving whipsword through walls, Magic can use one of the many spells that go through walls, and minion users can run around poo poo while the stardust dragon rams through it.

On top of that, 'stealth' doesn't count for poo poo if you aren't in multiplayer.

Mexicat fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 10, 2015

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

So spend 2 gold a stack on exploding bullets and play crowd control.

Anyone else does that better, sadly.

dis astranagant posted:

The bow's better against single targets anyway.

Just got nerfed. Both options are now equally mediocre.

dis astranagant posted:

The stealth is mostly a damage bonus and there's plenty of ways around the speed penalty.

I don't actually have the endgame armor yet, just Shroomite. It's a pain in the rear end trying to kill the moonlord without other people to help.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Feels like my brother and I are getting all the absurdly rare drops. So far we've gotten;

-a slime staff
-binoculars
-zeyphr fish pet
-4 strange plants
-money trough

This is all without any grinding to get specific items either. Maybe some of this stuff isn't as rare as the wiki makes it out to be.

Are you in expert? Drop rates are effectively doubled if you are, I believe.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Even in hard mode the only enemy that seems somewhat threatening are floaty gross and that's only because they cheat and phase through blocks, but then all they do is try to rub against you so its not very scary.

try using a hellevator with an ichor sticker in it. it'll snipe you down the loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
that giant tree home is pretty as hell