Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So the wiki says the hammer is a 100% drop from the paladin in expert mode and I'd just like to mention that it's not. I've only had one drop out of 20 or so paladin deaths.

EDIT: Skeleton snipers drop banners, so I assume everything else in the dungeon does too. So you know completionist OCD.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So here's a weird kind of question. What does the most damage? I would assume it's the stuff dropped by the final boss, but does anything outclass the yo-yo he drops?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

By the way, when it comes to kill counts, projectiles such as the things that spiral out from the Terrerian don't count. You have to kill them with the actual Yo-Yo. I was wondering why it was taking so long to get kills on some enemies I had a hard time hitting directly.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Maybe it's different between single and multiplayer? In single player the game can credit every death to you but in multiplayer the game would need to track who is killing what, and might not be able to track projectiles that aren't directly from the player.

I was in single player and some enemies just don't count when they get killed by the Terrerian's projectiles but others do. It's weird and confusing.

Anyway since they have different sprites for different types of cacti, I'm kind of bummed they didn't make different cacti blocks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So while I'm setting up each room with each of the armors in both male and female variants, somehow I notice they managed to give the female cactus armor boob window. Also it annoys me that Dynasty wood has no platforms.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mountaineer posted:

I tried to make a Greek temple. Any suggestions to make it better or more interesting?

I really wish I could paint those mannequins white so they'd look like a marble relief sculpture :(

Paint it like the ancient greeks did.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So if I want to fill a space with lava or water or honey I have to transport it by the bucket full, right?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

flowinprose posted:

Just take one bucketful and then use the duplication trick. http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Making_liquid

Those are all complicated and I'm pretty dumb.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

If I could make a mod it'd be to make it so banners warded enemies from spawning near you or something. Like if I hung up a demon eye banner, it'd stop them from pestering me when I'm trying to build. Or maybe implement a spawn limit like in Dark Souls 2, with some ridiculously high numbers however, so after killing like a few thousand eyes they'd stop spawning. Then I could kill literally everything. This has been me getting mad after a demon eye knocked me into my own lava pool.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So weird poo poo.

The rest of the house is fine, but the tiny little square of space where the cursor is? Not suitable housing and monsters will spawn on it. No gaps in the backwall or anything.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RatHat posted:

For those of you having trouble with traps, carry around Wire Cutters. When you have them in your hotbar and switch to them you can see all the wires around you, makes it really easy to spot traps. As a bonus you can also easily disable them and take the wire for yourself.

Shamelessly stealing your idea for npc housing design.

I'm pretty uncreative with my house design, I just like to show off all the stuff you can make.

It bothers me that not everything has a furniture set or platform. Still undecided if I want the ores to be under ground or just keep going up into the sky.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

oddium posted:

just cheat in the dyes you want because strange plants are bad enough, but the dye you get is random

Seriously.

For example I cheated myself 99 of all four plants and got less than half of the dyes, a ton of repeats, but very few of them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I really wish I could turn off events. Finally get the wizard to move back into my hard mode world. As I'm running towards him to buy some music boxes, blood moon rises and a wraith floats through the walls and murder him.

EDIT: and it segues right into a solar eclipse. This kind of stops being fun after 10+ of these things in short order. Sometimes I just want to do what I wanted to do, game.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 10, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Fishing crates in hardmode can now rarely contain an enchanted sundial that lets you skip one day a week. Good for skipping past unwanted moon events, though the one time I used it for a blood moon it was immediately followed by a solar eclipse...

On the plus side, eclipses are supposed to be less common now.

I'm just going to edit that into my inventory because the solar eclipse was just followed up by another blood moon. Jesus christ, I just want to farm the golem for loot before I move on to doing the lunar event.

Honestly I think they should just add in some items, like anti-summoning items you can craft that you use when you see the "Blood moon is rising" message or whatever that makes it go away.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Has anyone else had a problem where the cultist doesn't drop a loot bag after the first kill?

EDIT: also what's the deal with the pillar events? Is it supposed to take this long? I've gotten banners for 300+ kills before the shields went down.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 11, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I finally got Red's throw and I'm kind of disappointed they nerfed it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

As much as I like 1.3 I'm not really feeling most of these patch notes aside from the medusa one. It feels lot like those times in say, FFXI, when they had a super hard boss no one could kill they'd get mad and buff it any time someone did manage to kill it because they were "exploiting" the game to do so. Maybe the problem is that people have to exploit the game to kill your boss, because it's not fun to fight. The moon lord is kind of a poo poo boss especially if you're a melee character and the cool factor wears out quick because it has such a ridiculous amount of health.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

Yeah I'm not sure why the moon lord keeps getting buffed with each mini patch. The moon lord is like the culmination of dumb bullet hell poo poo to where my eyes just start to glaze over and I just said gently caress it and linked a teleporter from my arena to a room with the nurse and just sat around shooting chlorophyte bullets until it died.

It's also compounded by the way that endgame bosses become increasingly silly to summon. Nobody wants to jump through a hundred hoops for just a chance to fight a boss and to then have to do it over again if they die.

Honestly I'm surprised they didn't make it so he targetted and killed NPCs nearby first already. Or at least the nurse.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Million Ghosts posted:

Well thanks man I know what the next patch is gonna be now.

Just wait until 3.0.9 where the True Eye of Cthulu can petrify you.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 21, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

i actually like the idea of getting some free shots at him while hes busy killing all your npcs. it probably wouldnt be fun to play but itd be funny

MoonLord will now have invincibility frames while targetting NPCs due to how players were exploiting that. You know who you are!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The boss you're thinking of is Absolute Virtue. They kept nerfing or outright removing/making him immune to whatever players were using to kill him. Absolute Virtue Syndrome is a thing in the game industry.
"The beatings will continue until you ingrates play my game ~THE RIGHT WAY~."

Thank you, I keep thinking it's Pandemonium Warden for some reason but those two bosses are literally all I know about FFXI. Warden was the one people fought for so long they passed out, then? Or am I wrong again?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Pandemonium Warden was indeed the one people fought for so long they had to call it off when they had to sleep and/or go to the goddamn bathroom. Bonus: When the dev team did release how they'd killed Absolute Virtue themselves, their released info required violating their own loving games' TOS :shepface:

Since this is turning into a derail I'm going to just say that if it wasn't on a subscription model I'd totally play FFXIV just so I could see if it wound up getting any crazy poo poo like this.

kazil posted:

Skeletron is like Ornstein and Wall of Flesh is like Smough

I would unironically like to see more dual bosses in Terraria. I was going to say "a dual boss" but then I remembered the twins existed, but I never had trouble with them personally. By the time I found an eye to summon them I was usually geared up to wreck them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Throwing would be kind of cool if it played by Final Fantasy rules and you could throw any melee weapon. Maybe make it so equipping a certain accessory turns the attack option into throw. Then have fun throwing meowmere at everything.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

You can summon just about every boss at once if you want

Summoning reminds me of something really dumb that happened to me and a friend. We were in the middle of fighting the Moon Lord. "The Blood Moon Rises" and he vanishes. I don't think it was a night thing because I'm pretty sure we fought him at night before, I think random events just cancel him out because gently caress you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cyberventurer posted:

Can't let all weapons autoswing because of game balancing. By the way, have a yo-yo. :shepface:

I like that the best yo-yo's just have an infinite duration so you can flail them around forever.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

Next Patch: When you die to the moon lord the game automatically formats your hard drive

Summoning the Moon Lord just exits out the game to prevent any exploitation of the game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I would recommend just bypassing the inventory editor and using cheat engine, setting the item values to 999 and locking it for ease. It took me like three or four full stacks of 999 rail tracks to build a cart track across my large world, for reference.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So mods. Finding mods for this game is a pain in the rear end, but apparently there are several huge, expansive mods and stuff? I'm basically just looking to download everything.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks, I was hoping there was a nexus styled repository I'd just been missing somehow but this will have to do. My friends keep talking about a "Dark Souls" mod for the game and I have no idea what the hell that is.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yoyos own and wreck the hell out of most bosses in terraria. It's reached a point where I have to make a personal rule not to use them or else I use nothing but yoyos.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ultiville posted:

I sort of feel the same way about summoning all the things and lurking in a box like a coward, but it turns out my reflexes have gotten bad enough in my old age that I am bad at doing other things.

I've tried summoning and I just get tired of having to re-summon my stuff. If it was like, permanent summons I'd be down with that. Instead the best trick is getting into a situation where your yoyo just bounces off of something forever and can't return to you until everything is dead.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Finally started my mod pack playthrough. Game drops me off in an ice biome, wolves everywhere are ruining my poo poo. This is pretty neat, now I need to figure out what I'm going to do for a base to make it real cool this time. Maybe I'll steal one of those designs in the OP with the glowing water everywhere, that's rad.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The symphony of the night reference made me smile. But yeah that poo poo looks insane, I can't wait until I manage to get somewhere in all this.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ultiville posted:

For the most part they are permanent, though?

The sentries are 5 minute duration I guess, and I certainly use them while lurking in a box, but unless you up the sentry limit with the Dungeon Defender sets, that's not going to be all that important compared to your minions, which last unless you die.

The only trick with lurking in a box specifically is that you either need minions that can go through walls, or to summon them to the area outside the box once you're inside, but if you get one of those things lined up, I've never had an issue.

I'm guessing you're talking about the mod ones? The ones in the vanilla game aside from like, one or two, always vanished after a few seconds so I'd have to resummon them for every fight and it got annoying.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

That's not how summons normally work. They stick around until you die/quit.

You do have a limited number you can have out though (starts at 1). If you summon another one then your old one will vanish.

I was probably doing something wrong then :shrug: Maybe I'll give it another shot this time around.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The only real issue I have with that mod pack is that people seemed to really think the Jungle needed to not only be more annoying to traverse, but be the most annoying. I love fighting things that can go through walls in a place with poo poo all for mobility. I still haven't figured out how to fight any of the mod bosses though. Except for one. I was exploring and found an enemy called the "???" I killed it and a giant hell whale murdered me. It was pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I was wondering if you guys could help me out since google is beyond useless when looking up this issue; I can't join multiplayer anymore. Yesterday it was fine. Today, the game crashes every time it tries to load a server. Absolutely nothing has changed between sessions.