Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Zereth posted:

And the contents of their safe and piggy bank!

Wait, you mean that safe is actually a inventory separate from piggy bank? I always thought that you can access piggy bank inventory with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Internet Kraken posted:

All of you guys who make NPCs live in tiny identical rooms are terrible :colbert:

They'd get better rooms if they actually worked instead of idling all day long. :colbert:

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Kanos posted:

The pre-hardmode bosses have new gimmicks on expert. Expert Skeletron's new gimmick is that he has insane defense(most attacks will do 1 damage) until you kill both hands.

You tried the slime mount goomba-stomping trick for expert skeletron? I found that it works nicely for most of bosses myself.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!
Does any of you have any idea if you can craft endless bags of non-normal ammo like silver musket balls? I can't find any info on the wiki and I'm not keen on burning throught majority of my current resources just to see if thing like that exist.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Crimson Harvest posted:

Making progress but it's still kinda slow going cause I have so much adventuring to do as part of collecting materials. I don't even have a hook yet so I can't get much fancier.

You don't need a hook now, just 15 gems of same type to make a simple 1-arm grapple now.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Wyvernil posted:

Yeah, I don't understand why space is at such a premium that people feel the need to shove their NPCs into tiny boxes.

I think that it's mostly because early in the game it's :effort: to set up actual base with rooms and stuff - easier to stuff them into tiny hugboxes so they don't get violently murdered by wandering slimes and/or zombies.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Angry Diplomat posted:

To add to this: a lot of Hardmode enemies will consistently gently caress you up in melee before you've upgraded your gear. The Arms Dealer will sell a Shotgun now; it deals good damage and has strong knockback, making it very, very good for taking out some of the early Hardmode monsters. It's also useful for suppressing the Gastropods - if you keep constantly peppering them with buckshot, they seem to be unable to fire lasers at you with any regularity.

There is another way to deal with gastropods - the slime king drop that makes slimes friendly also works on them - they don't attack/damage you at all.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!
Okay, it seems that the queen bee hates me. I tried to get the bee mount that she drops to no avail. I even tried beating her multiple times on expert world where the drop chance is 10% instead of 5%. 15 bee kills later, no mount.

Any idea if I'm doing something wrong? LIke I have to murder her multiple times after I beat wall of flesh for her to drop honeyed goggles or something?

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Supremezero posted:

Yeah, the problem with all the actuator shenanigans is that the game considers the break in the room to make it stop being a room. So it's not valid for a spawn point anymore.

Perhaps try and make it an airlock type "door"?

Eariel in the thread someone made screenshots of actuator-type door with a pressure plate that only triggers on a player. Maybe you could use that to make rooms for NPCs? Platforms for floors or something so it counts as valid housing.

E: Oh dear, I apparently read the post but didn't understand it. This is what I get after posting freshly after work.

Can you make two rooms share a single door? You could probably make a actuator entrance and make two rooms with a door inbetween them so they maybe could count as valid housing?

Mortvert fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 17, 2015

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

The Lone Badger posted:

You can get hair dye for that.

What's the easiest backwall to procure in excessive quantities? I think I have been a little overambitious in my latest construction project.

If you have demolitionist - go to cavern level with several stacks of dynamite/bombs - that'll solve all your problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

RatHat posted:

That doesn't work anymore since they buffed its defense.

First moon lord cheesing and now the dungeon guardian. Why do they take such weird stances on people playing the game the way they want? It's not like you get something amazing from the guardian - just bragging rights and skeletron pet.