Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
I think the last thing is the Flesh Grinder, which is what lets you turn Crimstone in to Flesh.

Yes, there's one item that lets you craft flesh, and another item that lets you actually turn it into things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Play Expert Mode :getin:

Speaking of which, Crawlipedes (those Solar giant worm things) can go gently caress off and die. 200 odd damage per hit, and they move faster than my UFO - just enough so that I can't quite spin up the Last Prism in time to kill them before they hit me.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Hey, I've been having some issues with the modpack and the Old One's Army event. For some reason, I can start the event just fine (portals appear, music starts, counter appears), but none of the enemies show up. Some experimenting suggests they only spawn in when I'm sat right next to the portals, and if I get too far away from the enemies, they despawn again. I'm only playing on the first set so far (on Hardmode, but haven't gone for a mechanical boss yet), but it means that the event is entirely unremarkable and unchallenging, until the last part of Wave 5, where the Dark Mage spawns in and and survives my magical onslaught for long enough that they hit me really hard. I'm on Expert mode as well, if that's at all relevant.
Possibly related, the items the Tavernkeep sells for Defender medals don't show up properly - the cursor just vanishes over them, and there's no descriptive text whatsoever.

Any ideas which mod might be causing this?

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
A look at the forum thread for the Prefixes mod suggests that that's the issue, and I just switched it off and the invasion went as usual. Apparently the mod creator is aware, but hasn't got time at the moment to work on it. The posts are fairly recent though (last few days), so fingers crossed that it gets fixed soon.

That's not fixed the issue of Defender Medal items not having any tooltips when buying from the Innkeeper, but that's not nearly as much of an issue in my mind.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly

quote:

- Titan Glove and its tinkers now give autoswing to all Melee Weapons (and Whips!)
Praise be!

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
You know those endless rumours about the jungle being overtaken by the corruption? I have the opposite problem: my Hallow spawned perfectly overlapping the jungle, so for all intents and purposes, I don't have a Hallow biome.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Welp. I just beat Master Mode, Classic, with all bosses (including no-hit Empress for the Terraprisma, for extra masochism points)
For future reference: do not do this stupid thing.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly

DNK posted:

Terraprisma is totally awesome and learning how to beat daytime enraged Empress is a totally wild and fun experience.

It is, yes. I did it using the Witch's Broom (or, for non Master Mode Masochists, the UFO), Chlorophyte Bullets, Hallowed Armour (for that guaranteed dodge) and a Rod of Discord twinked from a previous playthrough. Be liberal with the Rod's use, since being hit is death anyway.

I found that using asphalt messes with her patterns too much for my liking, they become too random to meaningfully dodge, particularly the unaimed swords.

That said, once you get it, you have a summon that's drastically more responsive than any other (which is vital in Master Mode), with very high accuracy, and deals more damage on-hit than anything other than a large Stardust Dragon, which has the problem of only being in one place at a time. The only downside is you can't direct them to focus an enemy down, but as a summoner you probably want the closest thing dead anyway.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly

quote:

- Wire in the Temple cannot be cut by the player until Golem is defeated
- The player cannot see wires within the Temple until Golem is defeated
Oh dear. Golem fight gonna be much harder now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Most of those hotkeys are for individual armour abilities or accessory abilities, and can safely be disregarded if you aren't using them.

If you're playing on Revengeance mode or above (When in an Expert/Master world, or Journey with the difficulty at those points, next to the minimap when you open the inventory, there's a hexagon. Click that and pick your poison.) then you'll want to bind the Rage Mode and Adrenaline Mode keys to something accessible, those are activatable damage boosts. Rage mode charges when you're in combat, and is a +35% multiplier to damage. Adrenaline mode only charges during boss fights, and it empties when you take a hit, but it's a +200% damage multiplier for 5 seconds. Those two stack additively, for a possible +235% boost.

Other than that, the key for the Normality Relocator (a Post-Moon-Lord item that lets you teleport with it in your inventory, replacing the Rod of Discord) is all I can think of, hotkey-wise.

There's a long, long list of changes that Calamity applies to vanilla as well, see https://calamitymod.wiki.gg/wiki/Vanilla_changes if you're interested.

The_Final_Stand fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 20, 2023