Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
When Terraria first came out you could mine sand super quick, something about falling blocks made them mine almost instantly with even low tier picks. So if you wanted to make a lot of money you could strip a desert, turn it all to glass bottles and sell them to the merchant.

Then they fixed it and sand mines as quickly as dirt in all situations. Mind you back then there was no hardmode so amassing 100 gold was a huge boon that looks quaint nowadays

pretty sure they didn't have platinum yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Last I played before this patch I just kinda quit around the mechanical bosses. The grinding necessary for getting effective equipment for various bosses just didn't do it for me.

Now I've made my way back to hard mode and took down the Destroyer with the Stormbow and the underworld arrows hooooooly smokes

The yoyo that randomly drops from the winter biome in hardmode is the best thing and should be the first priority after defeating the WoF

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
You can sneak in the DCU, but you have to use the worst armor sets before hardmode

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Hoarding dirt is fine, never know what landscaping projects you might do

Hoarding more than two or three of any accessory or weapon is foolhardy. Sell those shackles and beozars

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Does Chlorophyte not grow in the Underworld? Do I need to plant some a bit higher for it to grow?

My underworld farm is doing me fine, so that hasn't changed. Just not insanely fast anymore

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The secret of the pirate invasion is Yoyo's can go through single block gaps and pirates cannot

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Last time I played the mechanical bosses were a large wall for me. There were not a lot of tools to manage them and it just felt unfun

now there's so much junk you just find which makes these bosses a whole lot less of a pain in the neck. Plantera, Golem, Martian Invasion all handled on the first try mostly through the power of yoyos

I'm just wondering which beetle set to make because making the turtle armor in the first place was a pain in the neck, took forever to find turtle shells

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Twins I was able to take down with wings, a good bow and hallow arrows. Fly up above the twins while shooting down so the falling stars hit them. When your wings run out juke around the twins and shoot up while they come down at you. Works best with the stormbow but I never needed a potion so I imagine other bows could work.

the hallow arrows are absolutely insane with a fast fire rate and large enemies

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Potential BFF posted:

Every map has a few Enchanted Sword shrines now, you can spot them by looking for a one block wide shaft beginning at or a few blocks below the surface. Some of the shrines will have fakes but there's always an Enchanted Sword on the map. There's also a chance you'll receive a new low level sword I forget the name of.

Not every map

#notallmaps

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I am making progress on my housing project, a couple new NPCs have moved in. The gunsmith dude appears to be macking on the nurse and I don't know if I approve of this fraternization.

The Tinker and Mechanic are adorable and I will not hear otherwise

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Try to get up to the floating islands or at least start up a sky platform for fighting Wyverns. They hit like a truck and pack a bunch of health, but killing them will get you souls that will help immensely as a crafting ingredient.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Excelzior posted:

my other world with carefully isolated versions of each biomes

:spergin:

Other worlds completely terraformed to the various biomes

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Shine potions are super easy to make and for most of the game your choices are either being fiddley with torches, not having a useful helmet with the mining light, or light pets that are bad until endgame

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The rare house with a tree in it instead of a tree with a house in it

A+ for defying conventions and turning expectations on their heads

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
On ranged sets you get ammo conservation bonuses, on throwing sets you get multishot/piercing bonuses

for when you want tons of tiny numbers instead of a few large numbers

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
They show up on the minimap, but building long tunnels in the jungle provides more surface area of easily accessible space for potential spawns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Not to mention the antlion eggs popped by the rolling cactus, which avoid the ground bound cactus regularly