Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

RatHat posted:

He only drops that in expert mode though. Is he still easy enough for someone new to hardmode to kill?

Worst case scenario you can do what I did, die over and over again in lovely tin armor as you whittle him down to nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

widespread posted:

So... I found a demon altar.

Could only summon Eye of Cthulhu. However, I'd get wrecked due to being in just full Boreal Wood and armed with a Hurtful Spear(Spear with +12% damage) and a plain Sickle. There some point where I could start attempting a normal Eye?

After you get iron armor probably, maybe sooner depending on how lucky you get with drops. Just build a decent bow around that point and make sure you have good arrows like the jester's arrow and you should be good to go.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

Man expert mode is tough but its so rewarding for its difficulty, I just beat skeletron during a blood moon and got his mask and a money trough which summons a flying piggy bank. This game is amazing. :allears: