Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Here's the town I've been working on:

I find the copper tile background looks like a nice wallpaper. My bar/inn is looking very cozy. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

socialsecurity posted:

Dear NPCs,
I have heard your concerns that I am some sort of "monster" who "lured" you here just to put you in a "cell" however I must inform you that the true monsters lay outside these doors, you must understand that I am doing what I must to protect you. Now I am not without fault I admit the great lava pump disaster that killed the previous tenants was indeed my mistake, but I myself braved the depths of hell to obtain lava proof doors to protect you in the future, dare not to open them as you might meet the same fate as they did.

Is that snow coating your base? Is snow keeping out the lava?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Walrus Pete posted:

I'm pretty sure that's palm wood, from trees on the beach.

Yes, it is palm wood.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Spirit Mod updated so I'm gonna give that a whirl (and several other mods).

Spirit Mod is one of the better content mods, right?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Lone Badger posted:

Steam plugged me a Terraria-alike called Dig or Die. It's gimmick seems to be that it has physics. Has anyone tried it?

I've beaten it once and had a really good time. It's biggest strength is that its paced real good in comparison to Terraria. The constructions physics are interesting if hard to figure out. The tower defense elements are fun. I wrote a review that goes into more detail here.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I am playing nice and comfy Thorium Mod. The bosses it adds are tough though.

Apparently a lot of people mix Calamity with Thorium and you could make a whole new wiki on that conglomerate.

I don't know if you guys were paying attention, but development on SpiritMod has stopped. The devs don't know how to "save" it. I put save in quotes because I didn't think SpiritMod was that bad and on the better half of big content mods.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It'll be a long time before I actually play Calamity. If I'm going to play any mod next it'll likely be Tremor or some other content mod.

I finished Thorium the other day, which – after playing this game for years and probably putting in over a thousand hours – is the first time I finished a game of Terraria. Even in the early days I always came short of beating all the bosses before dropping it. Like people have said Thorium is a very good mod; a perfect expansion to vanilla Terraria. My biggest worry is that now that I've beaten Terraria I will no longer have the drive to play it. :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That first mechanical boss is when I must make a combat arena. Having a good hook and jumping mobility is a must as well if I want to be able to dodge their attacks.