Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Someone posted a guide to fishing in the old thread and I can't find it. Might be something to add to the OP.

Also I haven't tried Expert yet because I barely have a Titanium pickaxe and my son and I keep starting over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Eric the Mauve posted:

I watched my NPCs in my three-level base with nine-high ceilings/stairs for a while and I don't think so. They start climbing the stairs but they always fall off halfway up.
Because there's a platform they bump their head on. Try it yourself. Hold up and the direction of the stairs, if there's a platform you'll fall off.

President Ark posted:

You can farm most thing except mushrooms using clay pots now which you'll want to have a backwall around. For regular mushrooms, they'll just grow wherever; for glowing mushrooms, find one of the natural biomes underground and chop them up until you get mushroom grass seeds which you can use to replant it. There is an NPC who only lives in mushroom biomes but he won't show up at all unless you've killed the wall of flesh and there are some annoying enemies that spawn in mushroom biomes so hold off on that for now.
Also if you put the dryad in a mushroom biome she'll sell glowing mushroom seeds. Not that you need them at that point but the option is there.

LegoMan fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 8, 2015

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Son a bitch, this is true. Well partly at least, I tried moving the way you described and went up the stairs just fine. However I tried removing the platforms I had set up as floors anyways and the merchant kindly demonstrated how wrong I was by waltzing up two sets of stairs to the top floor. So I guess the most common sense way of setting up a multi level staircase doesn't work for NPCs because of this nonsense. I can't think of a good alternative though.
I couldn't either so I set them up in little platforms on the sides I can slide up and down elevators for. I think I'll make a loooong house next and let them all freely mingle.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
SOlar Eruption is good for events where you are barely underground in your safe bunker while you melt everything on the surface (It reaches a long ways through blocks). Phantasm is how you kill pillars in 3-4 seconds once the shield drops. Star Dragon is my bro and I'll never go anywhere without him.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
The dryad sells mushroom seeds if you move her into a mushroom biome as well. Not a huge difference though.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Is there an optimal "this person lives with this person in this biome" setup?

I have Dye Trader / Painter in a homemade desert biome
I have Dryad and Witch Doctor in homemade jungle biome
I have Mechanist / Goblin in homemade snow biome

My next is maybe a Hallow with Wizard / Nurse / Arms Dealer.

I basically want to make sure every vendor has at least a little of a discount. Also how much happiness do they need to ensure their full shop inventory?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Zereth posted:

Not counting the pylons, they can be maximum pissed off and they'll still sell everything they otherwise would in their location.

Some vendors have things they only sell in certain biomes for multiple biomes, so you'll need to shuffle them around if you want to buy everything.

Thanks, I associated happiness with inventory

Excelzior posted:

this made the rounds on reddit earlier

everyone will be happy but this will not also guarantee full inventories

This is good I might do this and just shuffle things around when needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
That's my next project, to design a world in tedit to basically make little self contained biomes of hallow/corruption etc with fishing spots and the proper NPCs but it feels daunting.