Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Any aussie goons playing multiplayer? I want to play with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Is there any trick to finding the larvae you need to kill to summon the Queen Bee?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Angry Diplomat posted:

You basically need to explore around the underground Jungle until you see some beehive walls, then tunnel into the hive and look around inside it. Find the larva, hit it, fight the queen bee. After that it's easiest to make Abeeminations if you want to fight her again, but you can also keep exploring since there's often multiple beehives in any given world's Jungle.

Great, thanks!

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Mortvert posted:

They'd get better rooms if they actually worked instead of idling all day long. :colbert:

What are those purple-gray blocks?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Dr. Fetus posted:

This changed a while back. You can make magic staves from 8 of a gemstone, and a few bars of low tier ore (Copper through Platinum). They fire projectiles at a fairly fast rate and don't drain too much mana. They're very decent to have early on, and it takes a while for the higher tier staves to fall off.

I dunno if this is really gonna inspire anyone, since it's really basic (and quite frankly a mess), but here's mine.

Gonna hollow out the middle to display all my statues, clothes, and armor.

What is the furnace-looking item in the bottom right house?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

jetz0r posted:

That's my main problem with the bigger maps. The underground is so empty. I started out fresh after this patch in a medium expect world, and finding any ores was a huge pain. So i switched over to a small world and found more iron in an hour than I had been able to collect in the two days of exploring the first world. A good ore haul for a trip was 2 or 3 bars, making tools was hard, and finding enough of the higher ores to make armor would have taken forever.

So I switched over to a small expect world, grabbed some mobility items from another save, and continued on.

Here's my :effort: base. The main neat things are my super-market style automated glass doors to keep NPCs from falling into the death pit below the base, while letting me run through without pausing.

How do you build automatic doors? Is it just two pressure plates, one either side of a door wired up?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

I've just finished laying minecart track all the way from one side of the underworld to the other. I'm almost ready to fight the Wall of Flesh.

What should I be focusing on doing once hardmode is activated?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

LightningSquid posted:

You know what's horrible when you're afk farming? Solar eclipses.

Anyway, here's the farm I've been using to get the last keys I need. I already got the Crimson key, I should be able to get the Frost key since it's snowing, right?

(It's also evidence of my war crimes against Blood Jellies :ssh:)

Care to show your wiring layout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Have they hinted at what time the update will be released?

I want to play this multiplayer in a shared persistent world with a friend. Is that possible?